BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

No, the connotation that the word brings. Nothing to do with hating the word. Read the article.

Sounds like another wikipedia special though. I can see the intention and context it's trying to portray, but it doesn't sound like it's been written objectively (which is an inherent problem of quoting wiki as a source). Reference the suggestion of congoloid and the other M word; the latter which is another one subject to PC/reclamation issues.

PC is still just as much a force for harm as it is good; often used by the well-intentioned, the interferers or people who aren't even 'stakeholders' in the supposed issues they meddle with.

It's like coloured and black, I'm still unclear today whether it's en vogue to use or not use; who keeps track anyway? Whatever the semantics, you're still differentiating on colour, no? Surely that is the issue at hand, not how you dress it up?

PC = piffle IMO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying you are racist but to use the word to describe someone is morally wrong and scientifically wrong as well.

It is as morally wrong as calling a white man Caucasian. Does anyone hear find that offensive?

Are there any black people here who are offended by that decription, or is it as usual, a load of white, hand-wringing lentalists who are in a bad mood because their goat hair shirt is itchy?

Sounds like another wikipedia special though. I can see the intention and context it's trying to portray, but it doesn't sound like it's been written objectively (which is an inherent problem of quoting wiki as a source). Reference the suggestion of congoloid and the other M word; the latter which is another one subject to PC/reclamation issues.

PC is still just as much a force for harm as it is good; often used by the well-intentioned, the interferers or people who aren't even 'stakeholders' in the supposed issues they meddle with.

It's like coloured and black, I'm still unclear today whether it's en vogue to use or not use; who keeps track anyway? Whatever the semantics, you're still differentiating on colour, no? Surely that is the issue at hand, not how you dress it up?

PC = piffle IMO

I agree about PC. This has nothing at all to do with PC though. You need to research the history of the word and why it is considered racist. It is in the same class as the word 'negro' because they are related. Racism, in any form, is wrong and using the word 'negroid' is considered racist. The fact that the word is scientifically wrong, as well, just highlights why it shouldn't be used.

I agree about PC. This has nothing at all to do with PC though. You need to research the history of the word and why it is considered racist. It is in the same class as the word 'negro' because they are related. Racism, in any form, is wrong and using the word 'negroid' is considered racist. The fact that the word is scientifically wrong, as well, just highlights why it shouldn't be used.

There's also an argument that if somebody uses a word that someone else considers racist, does not necessarily make the person racist. Wasn't this the original accusation, not a debate on semantics or etymology.

There IS also a nod to PC here - there's a tendency for people to claim racism regardless of the original intent, or context. Not suggesting this episode is - or isn't - as it needs to be looked at in context. Question? Is the other N word racist in itself, or does it depend on who uses it? So, using that rationale, what about this N word? After all, both N words are connotations/developments of the same root.

My point is, racism is a sliding scale to suit whoever whenever. To quote a previous poster - End of.

I would rather take up golf than watch any team managed by Allardyce.

This from one of those firmly in the "give Ince a chance, support the club no matter what" camp? What delicious irony.

Archived