BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Press Conference Today

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone has already mentioned him managing England one day! He said if he does well who knows where it will take him. He seems very happy to be managing in the premier league. I just hope he is as happy to be managing Blackburn Rovers.

Any indications at the two positions he is looking at strengthening? 2 seems abit low - unless we keep all our players that is.

It could be just two he wants in initially, but when he has time with the players and consults his staff he may of course decide on more.

I just hope the two are central midfielders, the clear area where we are weak in terms of depth.

Press keeping going on about the black issue. Ince actually doesn't look comfortable about it and keeps saying colour of skin should be irrelevant.

They need to leave it alone! Some of the questions are just cringable! He is our new manager, not because he is black but becasue they thought he was the best man for the job!

Press keeping going on about the black issue. Ince actually doesn't look comfortable about it and keeps saying colour of skin should be irrelevant.

That's what I have been saying, no minority wants a finger in the face and asked "How happy are you that we have allowed one of your kind to be a manager in the Premier League?"

Such PR Tom Foolery only makes him feel more uncomfortable and less accepted.

Haha, that was funny about the bottom three. Hopefully not true though!

For those not watching it JW said 'we aren't a bottom three club' and Ince added 'not yet anyway'.

He won't be used to this kind of press attention it takes time to become comfortable with it.
He started off very nervous but got into it as it went on. I'm currently feeling very happy and exited for the rest of the summer after that.

Guest Kamy100

Looked like a rabbit caught in headlights to begin with, however he relaxed and was quite impressed with what he was saying, glad that he veered away about him being black and that he is looking forward to the challenge. He stressed that he wanted to play football that entertained the fans, also looks like the he has already identified a couple of transfer targets. Williams looked/sounded confident that he has got the right man.

Roll on 16th August!!

He did mention the fact that he was due to go to the UEFA course at the Welsh Uni, but wasn't allowed as he had to do it under the English FA.

Interesting - I hope the people calling him all the names under the sun for not attending feel a bit daft if that is the case.

hes got a sense of humour!!!! if your not watching "JW said were not scrapping in the bottom 3, and ince interpted "NOT YET" lol they all laughed :rover::rover:

Good to see that he has a sense of humour... but you know how this kind of things sometimes have a way of turning out prophetic.

Guest Kamy100

Yup it looks like the reason he wasn't at the course on Wednesday was due to the English FA requiring him to do the course with them, Williams also said it was a contractual obligation that Ince does the course.

Archived