BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Press Conference Today

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just tried to listen to a bit of an Ince interview on the BBC website, he was asked whether he felt extra expectation to perform since he was the first Black English manager in the Premiership. The start of his answer went...

"Erm...yeah course I do, y'know...y'know, and I'm excited about it, y'know obviously, people like Johnny Barnes 'n that..."

I couldn't handle it after that. It might sound alright in League Two, but you expect a little bit more class for a Premiership manager. What a complete contrast to the last two managers we've had. I can't think of any top Premiership managers (except maybe 'Arry) who can't formulate a decent sentence.

Interview is here if anyone is interested: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7471285.stm

I'm not sure but did not Souness say when he was appointed rovers manager, that he had calmed down a lot and if we don't believe him he'd fight em in the carpark - something like that.

I just tried to listen to a bit of an Ince interview on the BBC website, he was asked whether he felt extra expectation to perform since he was the first Black English manager in the Premiership. The start of his answer went...

"Erm...yeah course I do, y'know...y'know, and I'm excited about it, y'know obviously, people like Johnny Barnes 'n that..."

I couldn't handle it after that. It might sound alright in League Two, but you expect a little bit more class for a Premiership manager. What a complete contrast to the last two managers we've had. I can't think of any top Premiership managers (except maybe 'Arry) who can't formulate a decent sentence.

Interview is here if anyone is interested: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7471285.stm

Give the guy a break. He's clearly not at home answering tough questions about racial issues. I thought he did a good job trying to get off the topic quite quickly.

I understood the requirement to be a UEFA stipulation, so I would imagine that the Welsh FA would be quite acceptable to them.

If 3 is the case then can anybody else smell more than a whiff of bullsh1t?

Nice baseless speculation. Are you Philip in disguise? Not only is it a UEFA stipulation, but it is a Premier League stipulation. The ENGLISH FA is the one who told him where it would be acceptable, not UEFA - we're not in Europe this year, remember.

Nicko will not like being referred to as chief of the lynch mob I shouldn't think. What is it about you mancs that has to needle him so much?

Hmmmmm..... So if we are to believe his excuse then we need to dig a little deeper...

1. Who booked him in to observe the course and why knowing that it was completely pointless?

2. Why were the guys at Aberystwth not given even a courtesy call to say that he wasn't going to attend? Damned bad form that...... and I'm sure that we or he will still get a bill for the day. If we pay it then imo we are guilty as charged.

3. When did BRFC / Ince find out that the course was unacceptable to the English FA? I understood the requirement to be a UEFA stipulation, so I would imagine that the Welsh FA would be quite acceptable to them.

Gordon, it's completely irrelevant, he now has 2 and a half years to get the qualifications I think he said in an interview afterwards, and it is a term of his contract.

Well he seems widely respected within the game.

I thought we'd appointed someone to try and win football matches. If we wanted someone who enjoyed performing in front of the cameras perhaps we'd have been better hiring Graham Norton!

Gordon, it's completely irrelevant, he now has 2 and a half years to get the qualifications I think he said in an interview afterwards, and it is a term of his contract.

Might be to you Rev but lying to the fans and the worlds press (if it is indeed so) on your first day is shameful and probably a sign of much worse to come. I do think that we need to find out more facts cos whilst you may choose to accept a base liar as BRFC manager I do not.

Nicko will not like being referred to as chief of the lynch mob I shouldn't think. What is it about you mancs that has to needle him so much?

Hmmmmm..... So if we are to believe his excuse then we need to dig a little deeper...

1. Who booked him in to observe the course and why knowing that it was completely pointless?

2. Why were the guys at Aberystwth not given even a courtesy call to say that he wasn't going to attend? Damned bad form that...... and I'm sure that we or he will still get a bill for the day. If we pay it then imo we are guilty as charged.

3. When did BRFC / Ince find out that the course was unacceptable to the English FA? I understood the requirement to be a UEFA stipulation, so I would imagine that the Welsh FA would be quite acceptable to them.

btw just noticed Alan Nixon has raised and answered some of these issues here...

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=629749

Manc rover ..... Do you believe everything that you hear? Take a good tip from me to help you through life... Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. You must have come down with the last shower of rain. :rolleyes::P

As Gordon seems to be doing a more than adequate job of making himself look daft I was going to leave it for now as I don't want to be the meat in a Mellileu Nodrog sandwich!! However for the purposes of clarity I clearly wasn't referring to Nicko as the chief of the lynch mob.

I didn't think it necessary to explain but then we have recently seen people fuming at the news that Ray Mathias stands in the dressing room while the players throw biscuits at him, so I felt it important not to leave things to chance.

I'll let Manc Rover reply to your last point if he feels it worthy.

Might be to you Rev but lying to the fans and the worlds press (if it is indeed so) on your first day is shameful and probably a sign of much worse to come. I do think that we need to find out more facts cos whilst you may choose to accept a base liar as BRFC manager I do not.

Bit strong that Gordon. :unsure:

I know you've never wanted Ince but there's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that anything he said in the Press conference wasn't correct.

He wasn't asked directly about any non attendance. He was asked whether he was doing his badges with the English or Welsh FA and he said the English because they insisted it had to be with them.

I merely presumed that was the reason for him not attending to observe part of the Welsh course. Plus if John Williams has approached the PL chairmen for consent on the basis that it is a condition of his contract he gets the qualifications within a specified period, the Welsh thing is a complete non issue.

Plus if John Williams has approached the PL chairmen for consent on the basis that it is a condition of his contract he gets the qualifications within a specified period, the Welsh thing is a complete non issue.

Absolutely Rev.

:wstu:

What on earth are you on about? You clearly didn't want Ince as our manager but are you going to persist in acting like a child who has spat his dummy out for the remainder of his tenure?

As for base liars, I also note that in the past you have been willing to stick your flag in Lucas Neill's corner, and he claimed he left Rovers for West ham for footballing reasons and not for cash!

Why try to cause unrest amongst the fans for a club you claim to support...what exactly are you trying to achieve?

:

As for base liars, I also note that in the past you have been willing to stick your flag in Lucas Neill's corner, and he claimed he left Rovers for West ham for footballing reasons and not for cash!

I never ever condoned that statement.

I think we need to give him a chance, Blackburn will have the biggest cash pot for transfers they have had for long time and if we get big money for bents we will have even more. If he has even half the eye MH had he could make some good signings.

What a bad and from BRFC's point of view embarrassing press conference. I have still seen nothing since sunday which gives me any confidence whatsoever in the coming season. Can anybody say that he looks like a leader of men? The General that we need to give cofidence and inspire the troops?

Must say I've rarely seen anyone so nervous and out of his depth than Paul Ince at that press conference. The press must have picked up on it and will be sharpening their knives now. Even I began to feel a certain level of sympathy for him.

it lasted about a millisecond.

Must say I feel a bit better about Ince after the whole press conference!

I did too after watching it in its entirety and digesting it I think it went quite well.

Granted he was nervous at the beginning and then he gradually warmed to it. He sounded confident enough in what he wants to do.

Have to say I was proud of the way he kept brushing of the "First Black" sensationalist headline attempts.

The most comforting thing I got out of it is how comfortable a relationship Ince and Williams seem to have.

Lets hope for great things to come.

What a bad and from BRFC's point of view embarrassing press conference. I have still seen nothing since sunday which gives me any confidence whatsoever in the coming season. Can anybody say that he looks like a leader of men? The General that we need to give cofidence and inspire the troops?

Must say I've rarely seen anyone so nervous and out of his depth than Paul Ince at that press conference. The press must have picked up on it and will be sharpening their knives now. Even I began to feel a certain level of sympathy for him.

it lasted about a millisecond.

Someone needs a hug.

From the LT

Ince is desperate to get his teeth into his new job and, once today's formalities are out of the way, he insists his first priority will be to persuade David Bentley and Roque Santa Cruz that their futures lie at Ewood.

"Any manager starting his first year in the Premier League wants to keep his best players, so I'll be speaking to Bentley and Santa Cruz, and indeed all of my players, and then we'll go from there," said Rovers' new boss.

"It's hard to form an opinion until you've spoken to the players directly, but of course I want to do well this season, and I want to start off well at Blackburn, not just for myself but for the people who have stuck by me, and for the fans.

"And getting rid of your best players is not the best way to go about that."

I still find it hard to believe that some fans would prefer cash rather than top players.

Archived