BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Press Conference Today

Anyone who thinks they are not still learning scares me. But I'm sure you know everything about your job....

No, I'm still learning. But not the minimum skill requirements for my job. I had those from before I applied.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Ince press conference tape reflected very well on Ince, JW and the club.

I had nightmares given the cocky inarticulte arrogance Ince has displayed in past encounters with the media so my expectation levels were very low but I thought he handled himself well.

Very pleased to hear his public commitment to try to keep Bentley and all his best players at the club.

I just had a squiz at the press conference on skysports.com

wow... the first black manager thing really needs to go away...! ridiculous.

it will be interesting to see how the whole "student of fergie - now in management" thing pans out.

all in all though i think it wil be an interesting and exciting year. Bring it on

I just had a squiz at the press conference on skysports.com

wow... the first black manager thing really needs to go away...! ridiculous.

Yes I watched the full 20 mins or so back last night and they did bang on about it a bit too much. Anyway, like I say it was around 20 minute conference about Blackburn appointing Ince and the Daily Star leads with:-

INCEY RAPS RON

PAUL INCE has slammed Cristiano Ronaldo for “souring Manchester United’s success story”.

Full story here

Its ridiculous

My daughter said that part of the rabbit trapped in headlights look at the start was because of the absolute barrage of camera flashes that went off as he walked in. I only saw the sky coverage but she was there and said that she came out feeling more excited than she'd expected about the season and the manager. There seemed to be a genuine warmth and respect between JW and Paul Ince. I thought ,from what I saw, that he spoke better than I expected. Not that he was eloquent but he wasn't overly hesitant either. It was the biggest amount of press interest they've had at Ewood in some time and so you have to forgive the guy for being nervous.

Yes I watched the full 20 mins or so back last night and they did bang on about it a bit too much. Anyway, like I say it was around 20 minute conference about Blackburn appointing Ince and the Daily Star leads with:-

INCEY RAPS RON

PAUL INCE has slammed Cristiano Ronaldo for “souring Manchester United’s success story”.

Full story here

Its ridiculous

The Daily Star has always been ridiculous. I dont know why you buy

it cocker. :rolleyes:

My daughter said that part of the rabbit trapped in headlights look at the start was because of the absolute barrage of camera flashes that went off as he walked in.

He was gulping water at the start and must still have had that horrible dry mouth feeleing caused by nerves cos he kept licking his lips throughout. The interview reminded me of a Dad and t'lad scenario..... and no quips about that please.

:rover: as one off the 27 to be bothered to go and meet the GAFFER,i must say he came across very well.he said he only drinks white wine :wacko: but would come out for a drink after the last game off the season <_<:brfcsmilie:

:rover: as one off the 27 to be bothered to go and meet the GAFFER,i must say he came across very well.he said he only drinks white wine :wacko: but would come out for a drink after the last game off the season <_<:brfcsmilie:

See if he'll share a 1978 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Montrachet with you, I'm sure he can afford it at roughly 12k a bottle.

:rover: that was about 12.30pm :brfcsmilie:

They arrived after the press conference. he'd turned up to pick his sister up from the press conference and popped into the ground to see what was going on. Only asked just to see if the actual crowd was 29 as opposed to the 27 you counted. We don't want the media thinking our crowds are too small now do we?

Well done Waggy and the 26/28 others. Always good to get the measure of the man face to face, unlike the amateur psychologist desk-jockeys filling this thread with nonsense.

I went down to greet Ken Furphy on his first day and was the first fan to get his autograph, which I lost long ago, before anyone asks why I didn't fly over and add to the throng

Well done Waggy and the 26/28 others. Always good to get the measure of the man face to face, unlike the amateur psychologist desk-jockeys filling this thread with nonsense.

The steward let Mr R and I in through the players' tunnel because Mr R couldn't climb the steps in the stand. The first person we bumped into was Lee, the look on his face was priceless!

Well worth going along - and got on Sky as well!

Archived