BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ince Excited To Be At Rovers

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

Paul Ince was officially unveiled as Blackburn Rovers manager at a lunch time press conference.

Ince insisted that he was not scared and was looking forward to the challenge of managing Rovers he said: "I'm not scared of many things and there is no fear factor here. It should be exciting and I'm excited. It means the world to me to be here.

"I want to excite and entertain the fans and if they have seen my teams and how I like to play, I hope they will be excited by the prospects for us."

Ince also confirmed that he wanted to keep hold of his best players, including Bentley and Santa Cruz "I want to keep my best players - Bentley, Santa Cruz, all of them. I will be speaking to those two players and the rest of my players and go from there."

He was also continually asked about being the first British black manager in the premier league, he however played this down "It means a lot but it also means a lot that I am in the Premier League.

"I am proud of where I come from but I'm also proud to be in the Premiership."

"I am happy to be a role model for anybody whether they are black, white, yellow, pink or purple. I'm proud of where I come from and I'm proud of my roots."

John Williams also confirmed that the Premier League had given Rovers special permission to bring in Ince and that he would get his coaching badges "On behalf of the Premier League I would say that they rightly made us work very hard to get Paul and we had to give certain undertakings because quite clearly Paul didn't meet the requirements of the rule.

"It was a bit like that film, Groundhog Day. You'd wake up thinking Paul was a candidate and you go to bed thinking he's not. He couldn't finally be a candidate until dispensation was given.

"The case was made that Paul had served his apprenticeship in the lower leagues and had been busy with that since he stopped playing and we gave the undertaking that Paul will get the licence.

"Paul has signed a contract of employment with Blackburn where that undertaking is a contractual term. It's not something we'll just try and get done. He's under contract to Blackburn that he will complete that timeframe and we in turn have given that to the Premier League."

Ince also confirmed that he would be bringing Ray Matthias and is looking for a coach with Premier League experience. Ince has signed a three year deal.

Archived