BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Breaks

We have found cheap flights to Krakow and a really nice looking hotel with good reviews for 3 nights - works out really cheap!

Has anyone been there? Just trying to find out more information before commiting

We have found cheap flights to Krakow and a really nice looking hotel with good reviews for 3 nights - works out really cheap!

Has anyone been there? Just trying to find out more information before commiting

Do it.

Been twice, once with the football crowd, when we played there.

Once with wife, for a bit longer.

Just do it.

When Ive got more time will let you know what we got up to.

But it was brilliant (we went Monday to Friday) - I believe at weekends it is a little different.

I am off to Prague 18th Aug for my pals 40th with the wives ! Got the flights jet2com for a total of £100 for 4 of us and the hotel has cost exactly the same for a 3 night break so its a 4 days trip for a total outlay of £200 per couple.

4th time I been there and think its great especially as its a midweek break rather than the weekend where it is full of drunken idiots !

You will like Krakow, Hannah.

Which hotel is it?

I've stayed at the Amadeus, The Crown Piast & The Polonia.

The Polonia was crap.

Just got back from the weekend break in York.

Very nice place, plenty to do and a good night life. Plenty of hen do's there and saturday night very busy!

Would recomend to anyone looking for a good uk city break and a good night out.

Only in Paris would you be charged 20 euros for what can only be described as cheese on toast!

But no, I agree that Paris is a very good idea for a city break if you're looking for lots to do. Me, my girlfriend and another couple visited in May and it was great (apart from queueing for th'Eiffel Tower). It is expensive but, unlike Rome, you won't get bored and you'll probably want to visit it again.

Bit of advice for city-breaking - don't use sites like Expedia or Last Minute, they generally have the same tedious list of hotels that are in a position to afford to be listed on those websites - have a look on Trip Advisor and look for the smaller, sweeter independent hotels - this applies to any sort of city break! Or if you can't be bothered, I guess popping into your local travel agency works.

Go to one of the 2 Parisian China towns to eat, great food good value

:rover:

You will like Krakow, Hannah.

Which hotel is it?

I've stayed at the Amadeus, The Crown Piast & The Polonia.

The Polonia was crap.

I've stayed in the Polonia, it's pretty crap. Not that I spent much time there.

Not quite sure why you'd want to go with your missus though.....

My girlfriend is Chinese so I get enough of that at home! Not that I'm complaining of course :closedeyes: A cheese on toast on the Seine will do me fine.... just as long as there's more than three squares of ham in it and it doesn't cost 20 euros.

You can get the "menu" here for €20

Les Jardins de Mandchourie

34, Allée Vivaldi, 75012 Paris

Excellent Laioning style food (not Cantonese)

:rover:

Archived