BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Possible Scam

I have just received an email perported to be from the Halifax B.S. asking for details of my internet accounts. I do not have an account with Halifax!

Has anyone else received this?

Banks do not ask for details over the internet. I am just suggesting that anyone who does receive it is very careful.

Does anyone know if it can be reported somewhere?

Never reply to any e-mail requesting your details, even if you do have an account with the bank which the e-mail is purported to come from. Your providers will never ask for those details via an e-mail.

Common scam, 'phishing' is used to get you to divulge your details and thus gain access to your accounts. The e-mails usually take you to a web-page which will look satisfyingly familiar but isn't what you think it is.

Delete all such e-mails.

I have just received an email perported to be from the Halifax B.S. asking for details of my internet accounts. I do not have an account with Halifax!

Has anyone else received this?

Banks do not ask for details over the internet. I am just suggesting that anyone who does receive it is very careful.

Does anyone know if it can be reported somewhere?

You've only just got one?

I get about 10 a day now.

Just checking my email and it's Natwest this morning. Also some nice people are offering to "help me make her squeal in delight." :rolleyes:

Yeah i get a good few of these a day.Just delete straight away, do not click on any links.

I also tend to get alot of emails from bank managers of some remote country that have accounts for people that have recently died, and want me to give them my account details so they can move the dead persons fortune.

Archived