BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bad News Britain

I'm healthy, my wife is healthy, my kids are healthy, they have a great start in life, my disabled son has been accepted at college, he'll be cared for by the state whenever necessary. I have a house, enough to eat and drink, I don't get cold in winter, I don't have to walk ten miles a day to get water, the kids used to get a bus to school, the shops are full of everything I could desire. I don't live in a country where I'm threatened with violence if I speak out against the government. I have more computing power in my dining room than was needed to put the first rocket on the moon. I watch DVDs, TV, digital radio. I'm going to have a holiday in a few weeks. If I'm ill or injured I can see a doctor in 2-3 hours, my teeth get checked every 9 months. I have a job. I have fuel delivered into my house through wires and pipes............BASIC THINGS IN MODERN LIFE PAUL.

Oil is going up, food is going up. Live with it, drink a bit less, give up something. There's a lot less traffic on the road so I have the feeling oil prices and road charging might be a real solution to our congestion problems......LIVE WITH IT???? ITS COSTING ME ABOUT £25 A WEEK MORE IN FUEL TO GET TO WORK AND SEE MY KIDS.....DRINK A BIT LESS???? IVE STOPPED GOING TO THE PUB AS MUCH BECAUSE ITS SO DEAR .......ROAD CHARGING IS PANTS PAUL ,WE PAY ROAD TAX,FUEL TAX ETC.....

Life in modern Britain is good..............stop friggin moaning and get on with it. There's a lot moe to life than the Daily Mail tells us about.....LIFE IN BRITAIN? WELL FOR ONE IM ENGLISH NOT BRITISH:p....ISNT GOOD ITS AWFUL(AND IF I STATE WHY I WILL GET BANNED OFF HERE AGAIN) I WOULD MOVE ABROAD TOMMOROW IF IT WASNT FOR MY KIDS HAVING TO STAY BEHIND.

................on the other hand Paul Ince :o.......GIVE HIM A CHANCE :P

Forgot to add where the hell in chorley can you see adoc in 3 hours? gps takes days and the casualty takes 5 hours at least and tell you theres nowt wrong with you even if your ligaments and tendons have ripped off.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problems facing us are not global; they effect three countries the US , UK & Canada. The credit crunch is due to collapse of the North-American sub-prime market with the only economies to be hit by this is the three above. You go to Russia, China or India and ask them whether they believe they in a recession.

Tell that to the Irish.

This country is too negative for me. I'm hoping to emigrate to New Zealand one day, once I have enough money. It's a positive, laid back place, and I'd much rather bring up kids there than here.

At least we're not in Zimbabwe, Burma, China etc.

Be careful what you wish for ...

You'll be on the other side of the World, you'll miss England in the end, no matter how ill-behaved the kids are.

NZ is full of sheep and bungee-jumpers and not much else. It would bore me senseless.

This country is too negative for me. I'm hoping to emigrate to New Zealand one day, once I have enough money. It's a positive, laid back place, and I'd much rather bring up kids there than here.

At least we're not in Zimbabwe, Burma, China etc.

China improves everyday, thinking of retiring there!

But France is superb for now

:rover:

Noone is claiming those aren't terrible stories, especially the first one. But the Mail whips up fear and hatred, it sensationalises tragic events to meet its own ends. How can someone hold a paper in any sort of a regard which devotes so much of its time to Madeleine McCann and Princess Diana. Maybe we might have to read their stories about how Polish immigrants are eating all of our swans? As a trainee doctor I can safely say the dozens of health stories they publish each week to scaremonger their gullible readers are complete and utter tosh and based on extremely spurious "research", if you can even call it that. If you believe them, everything gives you cancer.

I have more respect for Sun readers than I do for Daily Mail/Daily Express readers. They're both simple papers for simple people, but one is for simple working class people and the other for simple middle class folk.

www.mailwatch.co.uk

Noone is claiming those aren't terrible stories, especially the first one. But the Mail whips up fear and hatred, it sensationalises tragic events to meet its own ends. How can someone hold a paper in any sort of a regard which devotes so much of its time to Madeleine McCann and Princess Diana. Maybe we might have to read their stories about how Polish immigrants are eating all of our swans? As a trainee doctor I can safely say the dozens of health stories they publish each week to scaremonger their gullible readers are complete and utter tosh and based on extremely spurious "research", if you can even call it that. If you believe them, everything gives you cancer.

I have more respect for Sun readers than I do for Daily Mail/Daily Express readers. They're both simple papers for simple people, but one is for simple working class people and the other for simple middle class folk.

www.mailwatch.co.uk

You have little respect for the Mail and it's readers, yet you read it each week. Why?

You have little respect for the Mail and it's readers, yet you read it each week. Why?

I don't read it each week, I check the site mentioned at the bottom of my post a couple of times a week as both a source of amusement and because I find it interesting to see just how low the gutter press can reach.

Let me guess...you're one of the Mail's readers right?

No. Not at all. I can't be arsed with it one bit to be honest, and as such I pay it no attention.

Nor do I regularly view web pages devoted to it's content for my amusement and interest. I find that elsewhere.

It's just that you seem well read on the Mail's 'dozens of health stories they publish each week' - are you sure you don't read it?

11 years, I think he has a lot to do with it,

Manufacturing doing better! only the miniscule amount that is left

:rover:

Becoming Prime minister means he's immune from prosecution, if he is in the future deemed to have mis-managed the countries finances (so I have been told).

In business you appoint the best person for the job, you would never put a man in charge of the biggest finacial budget in Britain who is not an accountant, or has a strong fincial background - Brown has an MA so he studyed social science, and yet he's put in charge of billions of pounds, that baffles me, and always will, its the same with health and education. I've been in education for most of my life and the standard has dropped significantly, its a disgrace all to benefit figures.

I've lived in Greece, Holland, Scotland, and after finishing my latest degree will emigrate to the US. Britain is not a bad place to live, but we are taxed ridiculousy, on every front. I do remember the furor when petrol hit a pound a litre back in the 90's, now its well above that, and we do nothing but moan! I enjoyed my time abroad, much more than here.

It does not matter who's in charge of the nation, it will always go up and down. The part that I find completly bemusing is that we all accept it and keep a stiff upper lip, most other nations do not. People have lost faith in the system, proven by the lack of voters, but still nothing is done. Its time the people in this country realised we have the power and without us the politicians have nothing!

The system is flawed, the people have lost faith, not one party inspires or appeals, they have lost touch with us all. It will never get better till we all realise that we have a voice, and that together our voice is the loudest of all!

You are lucky you have your own house. I need a staggering deposit to buy my first home, so I am giving up a lot to save for that, a part of my life where I should be out enjoying myself, but I can't, as I have a car to run (ha ha) & money to try & save.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that house prices will probably fall enough for me to snap up a bargain.

But for those who have recently invested in their first property, I feel sorry for them.

You're rigyt it's probably harder than it's ever been and it worries me, how, if ever, my kids will buy houses, but then maybe they would be better off renting? My eldest pays £330 pm to live in a new build in central Manchester, seems good to me. BTW when I was 26 I lost my job the day after I signed the contract to buy my first house so I do know how hard it can be.

ABBEY:

I'm healthy, my wife is healthy, my kids are healthy, they have a great start in life, my disabled son has been accepted at college, he'll be cared for by the state whenever necessary. I have a house, enough to eat and drink, I don't get cold in winter, I don't have to walk ten miles a day to get water, the kids used to get a bus to school, the shops are full of everything I could desire. I don't live in a country where I'm threatened with violence if I speak out against the government. I have more computing power in my dining room than was needed to put the first rocket on the moon. I watch DVDs, TV, digital radio. I'm going to have a holiday in a few weeks. If I'm ill or injured I can see a doctor in 2-3 hours, my teeth get checked every 9 months. I have a job. I have fuel delivered into my house through wires and pipes............BASIC THINGS IN MODERN LIFE PAUL.
It's that we REGARD these as basic things in modern life that makes us so fortunate. Millions of people around the world have nothing, we have all this and still moan.

Oil is going up, food is going up. Live with it, drink a bit less, give up something. There's a lot less traffic on the road so I have the feeling oil prices and road charging might be a real solution to our congestion problems......LIVE WITH IT???? ITS COSTING ME ABOUT £25 A WEEK MORE IN FUEL TO GET TO WORK AND SEE MY KIDS.....DRINK A BIT LESS???? IVE STOPPED GOING TO THE PUB AS MUCH BECAUSE ITS SO DEAR .......ROAD CHARGING IS PANTS PAUL ,WE PAY ROAD TAX,FUEL TAX ETC.....

If we don't get vehicles off the road the country will eventually grind to a halt. Building more roads is not the answer, cutting uneccessary journeys is the answer. Traffic on the M6 is down 25-30% at peak times. All those people either found public transport or car sharing as a solution or their journey was avoidable. Your kids don't have a future if we don't tackle some of these issues now.

Life in modern Britain is good..............stop friggin moaning and get on with it. There's a lot moe to life than the Daily Mail tells us about.....LIFE IN BRITAIN? WELL FOR ONE IM ENGLISH NOT BRITISH:p....ISNT GOOD ITS AWFUL(AND IF I STATE WHY I WILL GET BANNED OFF HERE AGAIN) I WOULD MOVE ABROAD TOMMOROW IF IT WASNT FOR MY KIDS HAVING TO STAY BEHIND.
You've already said all the basic stuff is just what you expect to have, if that isn't good enough for you then I'd suggest you need to think about things.

................on the other hand Paul Ince .......GIVE HIM A CHANCE
I shall.

BTW if you need a doctor ring up on the day and they have to give you an appointment - I had two in three days a couple of weeks ago. Took my lad to A&E two weeks back on a Sunday, in at 8.00am and home by 11.00am....seems pretty damn good to me.

paul, if you could tell me how on earth i can feesbly do public transport on a wed night when i have my boys id listen.

rishton to blackburn for work....blackburn to hogton for 4.30......hogton to rishton rishton to hogton houghton to rishton for 8.30.

It aint gonna happen.

Hospital ,try going at teatime.

withnell drs when i was there was useless.

basic stuff....its 2008 not 1968 and basics are more yes but its progress. Its like where you say about walking 10 miles for water? theres no where in uk that you do that and lots of the people from these countries are moving here for all our freebies.

I think you will find out that the PM is NOT immune from prosecution about ANY matter.

If any Minister is guilty of a criminal offence he/she faces punishment like the rest of us.

You will never see a PM or senior minister prosecuted for mis-management of public money, there is always a failsafe in place in that he/she acted in the best interests of the economy.

For me, ALL Labour ministers should be held accountable for the current state of this country and ALL should be stoned in the stocks.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Bl**dy hell.

I want more! Not good enough. Send all the labour leaders to prison! In fact, I want to sit on my a**se in my detached house and be spoon fed gourmet food and drink pints of 20p a litre oil.

Reality check - we live in a capitalist country in a capitalist world. There's very little New Labour could do or can do about it (the Tories made sure of that). Sure, they've cocked a lot of things up but its our own responsibility to look after ourselves and make the most of what we've got. Markets move up and down and for economies to move forward they have to ride the good times with the bad.

We don't like being told what to do (cries of Nanny State) and yet when our own decisions might turn out to be bad ones (it is our own decision to buy a house isn't it?) then we go and blame the way the country is run.

For me, ALL Labour ministers should be held accountable for the current state of this country and ALL should be stoned in the stocks.

:angry::angry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: The mind boggles.

Bl**dy hell.

I want more! Not good enough. Send all the labour leaders to prison! In fact, I want to sit on my a**se in my detached house and be spoon fed gourmet food and drink pints of 20p a litre oil.

Reality check - we live in a capitalist country in a capitalist world. There's very little New Labour could do or can do about it (the Tories made sure of that). Sure, they've cocked a lot of things up but its our own responsibility to look after ourselves and make the most of what we've got. Markets move up and down and for economies to move forward they have to ride the good times with the bad.

We don't like being told what to do (cries of Nanny State) and yet when our own decisions might turn out to be bad ones (it is our own decision to buy a house isn't it?) then we go and blame the way the country is run.

Whats that? Someone actually talking some sense?!

Bl**dy hell.

What are we supposed to do?? Rent? Still paying the same, if not more than you would on a mortgage. Just paying the owners mortgage for them, then when they decide they want you out, its move on to the next one. Plus all that time renting hasn't helped in saving for the massive deposit required now. Hardly any mortgage lenders will do 100% mortgages now & very few will even do 95% so unless you have £10,000-£15,000 deposit ready, you are up a very well known creek.

Very easy for people who have a home, one that has shot up in value over the last four years to say "stop moaning, it ain't that bad," reality check time, it is, unless you are sat in that comfort zone.

The government do practically nothing to help. If I turned up in the back of a lorry, seeking asylum, I'd probably be housed, given a few quid to start up a business maybe. If me & my missus had a kid, we'd be housed & pay sod all for it. But no, I am an honest British citizen, a bloody hard working one too, I will eventually get my house, but it'll be a hell of a struggle, when I do I WON'T go round telling those in the same position to stop moaning.

What are we supposed to do?? Rent? Still paying the same, if not more than you would on a mortgage. Just paying the owners mortgage for them, then when they decide they want you out, its move on to the next one. Plus all that time renting hasn't helped in saving for the massive deposit required now. Hardly any mortgage lenders will do 100% mortgages now & very few will even do 95% so unless you have £10,000-£15,000 deposit ready, you are up a very well known creek.

Very easy for people who have a home, one that has shot up in value over the last four years to say "stop moaning, it ain't that bad," reality check time, it is, unless you are sat in that comfort zone.

The government do practically nothing to help. If I turned up in the back of a lorry, seeking asylum, I'd probably be housed, given a few quid to start up a business maybe. If me & my missus had a kid, we'd be housed & pay sod all for it. But no, I am an honest British citizen, a bloody hard working one too, I will eventually get my house, but it'll be a hell of a struggle, when I do I WON'T go round telling those in the same position to stop moaning.

The buy to let market saturated years ago. It's much cheaper to rent than buy and has been for several years. Letting out a new flat you'd be lucky to cover the cost of the interest so all that about paying someone's mortgage off just doesn't fly. Do the maths behind it and you'll see.

We are a nation obseessed with owning our own home. People keep referring to how life is better abroad, well a lot less people in Europe own their own homes than they do here, and they seem fine with it.

it. But no, I am an honest British citizen, a bloody hard working one too, I will eventually get my house, but it'll be a hell of a struggle, when I do I WON'T go round telling those in the same position to stop moaning.

Life's tough, and it's often a struggle. Always has been, always will be.

Live with it, get on with it.

Archived