BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fan's Forum 22/7/08

The agenda-setting meeting for the next Fan's Forum takes place tomorrow evening (7/7/08). If anybody has any ideas or issues that they wish to be considered for agenda items then please add them to this thread.

Thanks spark - I'd be interested in the club's official response to questions about the red numbers and lettering apparently missing from this year's home kit. Hopefully the club will be selling the red & black halved 3rd kit and not have to answer for that as well.

I was just about to ask the same question about the red lettering.

Also, has any work been done at Ewood Park this summer (apart from shop refurbishment and the new pitch).

I live in hope of a new tannoy system or some upgrading as although the announcements from Radio Rovers are fine the announcements from pitchside and the big screen are very distorted. However that has been the case for so long despite the official insistence that things are fine I don't hold out too much hope.

Although it looks as if the launching of the shirt will be too late for comment (will see how it goes) I would like to ask if more than two players could be on hand for shirt signing for these events - understandably it was a hot day and Tugay and Roque had done a sterling stint but I couldn't help noticing that quite a few supporters, many of them with children were turned away - if another two could have taken over this situation would have been avoided. Not very encouraging to youngsters who have turned up to see their heroes.

edit: as disgruntled rightly points out. Samba and Brad were there I believe before Tugay and Roque and of course there have to be limits but it was a shame that folks had to be turned away for want of an extra half an hour's signing.

Could we not have some footage of rovers games yesteryear, pre match? I remember Everton showing footage of games gone bye and that went down well.

A cracking idea that,especially showing classic victories against the team we are playing.

Imagine the look on the city fans faces when we show Garners hat-trick against them at Ewood :rolleyes:

Could we not have some footage of rovers games yesteryear, pre match? I remember Everton showing footage of games gone bye and that went down well.

Thats a cracking idea showing us whipping the current opposition in previous games during warm-ups etc, would help build atmosphere and maybe strike a pre-match psychological blow!

Top plan my man!!!

Or another suggestion, - why not put together some interviews with ex-players? There must be lots of ex players who would be more than willing to have the club do a career profile/interview for the big screen. There are two that stand out immediately and deserve some recognition.

Or another suggestion, - why not put together some interviews with ex-players? There must be lots of ex players who would be more than willing to have the club do a career profile/interview for the big screen. There are two that stand out immediately and deserve some recognition.

Maybe amalgamate the 2 ideas,firstly show the game then maybe interview somebody who played in that particular game?

The agenda-setting meeting for the next Fan's Forum takes place tomorrow evening (14/7/08). If anybody has any ideas or issues that they wish to be considered for agenda items then please add them to this thread.

If you go tomorrow evening mate you'll be there on your Andy - 14/07 is a week tomorrow!

Maybe amalgamate the 2 ideas,firstly show the game then maybe interview somebody who played in that particular game?

Show us beating the opposition during the warm and have the interview when there back in the changing rooms, its a good idea and at the same time some of the younger fans would learn abit of Rovers history

If you go tomorrow evening mate you'll be there on your Andy - 14/07 is a week tomorrow!

LMAO, great spot!

Fear not, the Fans Forum members know that the meeting to set the Agenda is tomorrow and the Fans Forum itself has been moved to Thursday 22nd July as the meeting scheduled for 14th clashed with the Macclesfield match. All sorted and arranged last week. <_<

Please mention the fact that the teams are only on the Jumbotron for about two minutes while the match is being played, as not everyone wants to buy a programme.

Seconded. The teams are rarely, if ever, put on the big screen during the first half. If the club want me to look at the screen to see the adverts they need to put something on there that I actually want to know about, i.e. who is playing for the opposition. it would be good to have the referee's name as well.

Anything to possibly build a better link with fans such as myself across the pond. There's really no official supporters club for us non-UK fans. I have a friend here in Fort Worth, TX that's an Arsenal supporter and he has his club card and all that. It seems that pretty much everything they offer is geared at the local UK residents, but largely ignore outside the UK and with the way the premiership is growing outside of the UK, it seems they could do something to try to jump on that bandwagon.

As far as supporter's club as a whole, maybe something where joining the club gets you 5-10% club store and you get a free Blackburn scarf when joining. The scarf would do wonders to get some atmosphere back in Ewood since it seems devoid of scarves these days from what I see on TV at least.

Thats a cracking idea showing us whipping the current opposition in previous games during warm-ups etc, would help build atmosphere and maybe strike a pre-match psychological blow!

Top plan my man!!!

I am friends with somebody who has some influence over what happens on the TV on match days and will pass these suggestions.

Hi all,

I will be attending the fans forum on 22/7/08 but cannot make tommorrow night could someone bring up the subject of the takeoverit seems as tho with all the farrago of finances we have lost one of the best young English managers and his very good backroom team all due to financesand the fans need answers on potential bidders and what is going on

thanks and hope to see many of you on the 22/7/08

Laters all.

Hi all,

I will be attending the fans forum on 22/7/08 but cannot make tommorrow night could someone bring up the subject of the takeoverit seems as tho with all the farrago of finances we have lost one of the best young English managers and his very good backroom team all due to financesand the fans need answers on potential bidders and what is going on

Laters all.

British manager, he is Welsh.

How to you attend these fans forums?

Hi all,

Laters all.

english manager lost?

who ?

Archived