BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

In the 8 years he's been here, there has been no offers for him, and now all of a sudden there's 2 bidders.

Not strictly true. Man Utd wanted him back when they got Van Der Saar but Brad turned them down saying that he didn't feel he could manage the CL games on top of a premiership campaign, as we know he has very high fitness levels even to today.

I would think there has been other interest over the years but Brad and Rovers management have told them to forget it. He is/was so happy here.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Ince is looking at getting in a younger goalie, fair enough (although we still have Brown, Fielding and Nielsen waiting in the wings). But I think it'd be better phasing in the younger goalie in over the next couple of years rather than kicking Friedel out straight away. Brad has been a revelation at Rovers and has kept us in games when we could've been well beat. Getting rid of Friedel now would do more harm than good.

I hope it's just a case of a couple of offers coming in but Rovers dismissing them. Some kind of press release from Rovers about the speculation, if its just that, would help in keeping us informed.

Couldn't agree more. It's true that he's getting older and at some point will have to be replaced, so it makes sense to look to the future, but not right away.

I don't understand what's going on. Has Ince actually decided that Brad isn't up to it? Not a good start to your managerial career in the Prem <_<

I simply can't accept that Wince feels selling Brad is the right thing to do for BRFC. Surely any half wit would know that selling a club icon is going to be hugely unpopular and potentially a grave mistake...if we are languishing come christmas and Brad has moved Wince's position will be in serious jeapordy. I would like to know how many points last season can be directly attributable to Brads performances and therefore how much revenue this equates to in terms of league position. I'll bet it equates to more than £2.5m.

Where are the board on this...surely they should be advising the half wit?? Are we seeing the first posturings of an inexperienced yet very, very cocky git?

I have never been so jacked off as a Rovers fan over the 38 years I have been a season ticket holder. Yes there have been other departures but those guys wanted to move on. By all accounts Brad wants to stay but Wince wants to move him on!!

Has no-one actually stopped for a second to think that the villain of this particular piece might just be Mark Hughes and not Paul Ince?

He's worked with Brad for the last five seasons and knows how good he can be.

I might well make a cheeky offer for Brad too if I was Hughes.

If I was Ince, I too would have been thinking about goalkeepers. We have a 37-year old who, as jim MkII rightly says, could go downhill rapidly, plus an ex-manager who might well slap in a bid and nick him in an instant, then behind Freidal we have a kid who has played 1/2 a game.

Problem waiting to happen.

If I was Ince, I too would have been thinking about goalkeepers. We have a 37-year old who, as jim MkII rightly says, could go downhill rapidly, plus an ex-manager who might well slap in a bid and nick him in an instant, then behind Freidal we have a kid who has played 1/2 a game.

Problem waiting to happen.

We all know Friedel will go into decline but he's not yet. Selling brad and then spending more of our none exsistent funds on another keeper who's not in the same bracket, does not make sense. We can worry about it later, I have no prob with a loan to add competition, but not to replace. Brad is a big enough man to turn round and say enough is enough, I'm not up to it anymore, but he has not yet nor will soon. Others obviously agree otherwise there would be no bidders!

Has no-one actually stopped for a second to think that the villain of this particular piece might just be Mark Hughes and not Paul Ince?

He's worked with Brad for the last five seasons and knows how good he can be.

I might well make a cheeky offer for Brad too if I was Hughes.

Blimey Simon.... you've changed your stance somewhat!

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=357300

:P

If friedel is to be replaced,it should be a keeper thats a regular for his club.its no use taking a keeper,that spent most of his time as 2nd choice.if thats the case,we mite as wel promote jason brown.i wonder what he must be thinking.he must have thought,he would be the natural successor to friedel,with fielding or nielson promoted as under study.

If friedel is to be replaced,it should be a keeper thats a regular for his club.its no use taking a keeper,that spent most of his time as 2nd choice.if thats the case,we mite as wel promote jason brown.i wonder what he must be thinking.he must have thought,he would be the natural successor to friedel,with fielding or nielson promoted as under study.

If we had a cyborg made of Schmeichel, Seaman, Southall in their prime, I would still be disappointed with Brad leaving.

Its not just what he does on the field, we have better prospects for the future with him than with most other keepers.

We have a bloody fantastic keeper already. The problem is that our half wit manager can't see it.

Just come online for the first time in a while. Has Ince said he wants to sell Brad? That he thinks he is not fantastic? Have we accepted a bid? If none of the above has happened then i'm not going to over-react...yet :)

We all know Friedel will go into decline but he's not yet. Selling brad and then spending more of our none exsistent funds on another keeper who's not in the same bracket, does not make sense. We can worry about it later, I have no prob with a loan to add competition, but not to replace. Brad is a big enough man to turn round and say enough is enough, I'm not up to it anymore, but he has not yet nor will soon. Others obviously agree otherwise there would be no bidders!

I didn't say I'd be selling him this second, but equally, 'We can worry about it later' is hardly a sound strategy when the summer transfer window is your only chance to buy quality.

Just come online for the first time in a while. Has Ince said he wants to sell Brad? That he thinks he is not fantastic? Have we accepted a bid? If none of the above has happened then i'm not going to over-react...yet :)

I almost feel it as a moral affront that we are even considering the fact.

We have just today signed Brad Guzan (to be reported tomorrow) for £1.5m. He's a young American goalkeeper, and rumour has it that we are signing Brad Friedel as number one to help this guy come through over the next couple of seasons. Obviously it's an easy thing to say, but the rumours are gathering pace - probably because Blackburn haven't denied the story about Brad? Unless I've missed something.

NO NO NO NO NO NO DO NOT SELL FRIEDEL THE BLOKE IS A LEGEND INCE MIGHT AS WELL RESIGN JUST AFTER BRAD LEAVES CAUSE HE WILL LOSE THE RESPECT OF THE DRESSING ROOM,FANS AND SOME OF THE BOARD :angry2: I HAVE MADE MY POINT I AM GOING TO CONTNUE TO MOAN ABOUT FOWLER WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived