BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - Links Only.

den

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one I can find is this little snippet:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/default.stm

Blackburn defender Andre Ooijer, 34, is a target for AZ Alkmaar who want to use the defender in a swap deal with 24-year-old Australian winger Brett Holman. (Daily Mirror)

If we sign Recoba it will be as a striker I think. Cover largely. I can't really see the point. We have four decent strikers already - if we need a fifth it is another Roberts type of "main" forward. Recoba plays off the main striker, and we already have three of those Cruz, Derbyshire and McCarthy.

I can imagine his wages will be pretty big. How would the team formation change with a left sided player coming in?

I would think if the wages were going to be big, he'd have signed before now. My guess is he was holding out for more money, but now realises he won't get it.

If we sign Recoba it will be as a striker I think. Cover largely. I can't really see the point. We have four decent strikers already - if we need a fifth it is another Roberts type of "main" forward. Recoba plays off the main striker, and we already have three of those Cruz, Derbyshire and McCarthy.

Four decent strikers eh?

Dunno about that. We have one good striker, and two decent ones at the moment. Three if we're being generous with Benni. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that we should have at least one more GOOD striker. Someone like Olic. Good strikers are what we need, decent strikers are squad fillers imo. We'll never sign Recoba on huge wages. If anything it will probably be on a pay as you play a la Fowler. If the story has any credibility he will be signed for the role that was intended for Fowler, I'm sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Unsettled Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou, 23, is a £6m target for Barcelona. (Daily Mirror)

Interesting - if available he would be perfect to play alongside Roque

Yeah, right.

Ince has recently said we can't go for the likes of Stephen Appiah on a free because of their wages, so how we can gonna fork out £6m + wages for one of Chelski's players?

Archived