BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Masters Football

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no reason why the equaliser should have been disallowed. It was a free kick and Atko tapped it in.

Cant see any reason why it would have been disallowed. Now back to the stone wall penno ;)

Thats right actually, however it should never have been a free kick apparently....Didn't see it myself though.

Surely now we have hhis ex players association thing we should have the contacts to be able to put a decent team in this. I only recognised 4 of the names from yesterday. We should be able to call on the likes of ripley, wilcox, and people of that ilk. Be nice to actually have a chance of winning it. I'd. Love to see tugay playing in it nex year, be worth the entrance fee for that alone.

I went last night. At the post-match party, I said the same thing to Gary. He said that Flitty was too busy, Rippers and Wilcox can't play because their knees are gone. Tugay was apparently asked- Gary thought he was playing but then he wasn't. Anyway, next year Gary is going to do a ring round in advance to try to persuade a few of them. Marlon Broomes and Peter Thorne were also out with us, and they both said they'd play in a couple of years- once they're old enough (in Marlon's case) and retired (in Peter's case)

I thought of you when I saw Gary croft was playing jan.

Tugay would be a different class at that type of game. We should be able to field a great team really.

Truthfully, though, the only people who play in it are ones who either love the club, need the money or really fancy playing again. That rules out most modern premiership footballers.

SAS- only repeating what I was told. (In turn he was only repeatig what he was told by the organiser)

What a poor showing by the Rovers fans....from what I could see, there was only about 20 in the entire arena....great fun though....watching Bumley get a pasting by notlob....

Welcome to the Premiership knobheads....!!!

The tournament clashed with our away friendly in Leeds this weekend, where there were plenty of Rovers fans.

The tournament clashed with our away friendly in Leeds this weekend, where there were plenty of Rovers fans.

Leeds finished at 5, Masters started at 8 ... I'm sure it was possible to do both. And tickets for the Masters were available back in April, months before the Leeds game was even on the schedule.

However you look at it, there's a definite apathy with Rovers fans. Bolton, Oldham and Burnley all had several hundred fans there on Sat, alongside all the plastic Mancs of both persuasions - but as Sparky said, there were maybe 20 Rovers fans in the entire place.

Sparky - you owe me a pint :P

well that makes it a shameful showing at the MEN then.....1000 only at Leeds...I thought you was on about thousands.....I'm tellin you that there was probably 30 rovers fans at MEN....to me that's a disgrace,....comparing to the rest...

Did you go????????

Leeds finished at 5, Masters started at 8 ... I'm sure it was possible to do both. And tickets for the Masters were available back in April, months before the Leeds game was even on the schedule.

However you look at it, there's a definite apathy with Rovers fans. Bolton, Oldham and Burnley all had several hundred fans there on Sat, alongside all the plastic Mancs of both persuasions - but as Sparky said, there were maybe 20 Rovers fans in the entire place.

Sparky - you owe me a pint :P

There may well be an apathy, but having a friendly on in a different city on the same day, regardless of the logistics of attendance is a valid factor.

I would argue as well that out of all the teams that enter, Rovers may well have the biggest gap between the quality of the side we could put out, and that of the side we actually do put out. The Mancs have it on their doorstep and the Dingles are still buzzing off the novelty value of visiting superior stadiums than they are used to, like the MEN Arena.

For Bolton, Oldham or the Dingles, the Masters teams probably represent an improvement on what they are used to. ;)

When you have been brought up on a diet of Shearer, a Saturday night takeaway of Ashley Ward can be a little hard to digest.

When you have been brought up on a diet of Shearer, a Saturday night takeaway of Ashley Ward can be a little hard to digest.

Nah mate, your supposed to see it for what it is....great skills, cauldron of an atmosphere, the place was jumping(which we never see these days anyway) and it don't matter if you win or lose...

Cheers Tris...I'll see you at an away game this season and sort it..

;)

well that makes it a shameful showing at the MEN then.....1000 only at Leeds...I thought you was on about thousands.....I'm tellin you that there was probably 30 rovers fans at MEN....to me that's a disgrace,....comparing to the rest...

To be fair, the masters is the masters, and its poor masters, gary croft??? He used to train me football at the BRIC as he couldnt get in the first team.

If it was the masters we would have top players that got us in the top 5 of the prem consistently, where are they ???

Though you may like these...

6s82hg.jpg

This photo is a disgrace by all accounts, but you Rovers hippies will like it I'm sure.

AS usual Bumley are outnumbered by Rovers :P

p.s....the dingle on the left has a shiny head because it kept rubbing on the 'special bus' window as he was licking it :rolleyes:

Archived