BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Moving To England

Hello Good Evening and welcome!

i am considering a move to England in a year or so. Hopefully i could live somewhere around Manchester - so i can go to ewood in the weekends.

what is the approx price if a want to rent a flat of around 50 square meter?

i would prefer a job a mac operator/designer or typographer. i work at a paper now. what can i expect? is it a lot of jobs available? what does it pay?

thanks for helping :)

i am considering a move to England in a year or so. Hopefully i could live somewhere around Manchester - so i can go to ewood in the weekends.

i would prefer a job a mac operator/designer or typographer. i work at a paper now. what can i expect? is it a lot of jobs available? what does it pay?

Depends on location and what standard. If you were to live on the outskirts of Manchester in a one-bed apartment, furnished to a average standard prices will range from between £350-450 pcm. However if you want a central location in Manchester or in the quays with a good level of furnishing be prepared to pay anything between £600-900 PCL or if you are from the states ( $1200-1800 pcm).

As for Jobs; Jobs in Manchester tend to pay more than anywhere in the North aprt from Leeds. However there is usually quite alot of competition for the good Jobs; as ive found out myself

Dont do it. Seriously, dont.

Depends on location and what standard. If you were to live on the outskirts of Manchester in a one-bed apartment, furnished to a average standard prices will range from between £350-450 pcm. However if you want a central location in Manchester or in the quays with a good level of furnishing be prepared to pay anything between £600-900 PCL or if you are from the states ( $1200-1800 pcm).

As for Jobs; Jobs in Manchester tend to pay more than anywhere in the North aprt from Leeds. However there is usually quite alot of competition for the good Jobs; as ive found out myself

thanks!

im from norway, and it would probably be for a year or two, so i dont need anything spevial. :) i will not have a car, so i depend on buses etc to get me from a to b. is that a problem you think? right now i live in oslo, which is london when it comes to housing prices, so im not bothered by high rent. i will have to look at the jobs though. thats what it all depends on i guess.

thanks anyway:)

My own experience is there are deals to be had either in the outlaying areas or the city centre - prices are pretty much the same in either area. A new build two-bedroomed appartment, furnished and serviced but not utilities (gas, electric etc) should not cost more than £650 pm.

Archived