BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to an article in the Daily mail, O'Neill spent the afternoon tying up a deal for Brad Friedel.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...e.html?ITO=1490

(Past the picture)

That would be correct. But 'trying' is still the word.

is that the end of it then? deal dead?

Aimar wanted to come yesterday, then his agents can't agree today and say they are going off to Lisbon to sign for Benfica.

Your guess is as good as mine what happens tomorrow.

As always, money will talk.

Nicko, Is one of the players you said this morning Castillo? leaving 2 more un-named?

Castillo is one of the midfield players. I think there is a second in the pipeline - which you will get later. And, strangely, there is ANOTHER who I can't name at the moment. It is possible in this guy's case that he would have another 'free' role in the side.

Sorry lads but if Nicko is going to tell blatant lies on here about my club to sell a few more copies of his shabby newspaper (only 55p), he should be able to be questioned about it.

Oh yeah, 'Wullie' is it?

Blatant lie that you made a bid for a player which was accepted by the club and the player - and then you can't sort out his wages.

Blatant lie that your local paper followed up today.

Do what Birmingham City did today...

Oh yeah, 'Wullie' is it?

Blatant lie that you made a bid for a player which was accepted by the club and the player - and then you can't sort out his wages.

And Get Bent.

touche :lol:

to be fair, and i'm not suggesting your lying at all, but the fact that anal oliver (the clueless ###### for what he is) followed this up means nothing, he hasnt got a clue since his dail;y meetings with freddy were over.

he probably just read it on here.

if he was that much in the loop, his paper didnt do too well on the guthrie and spiderman signings.

come to think of it, no journo did.

Castillo is one of the midfield players. I think there is a second in the pipeline - which you will get later. And, strangely, there is ANOTHER who I can't name at the moment. It is possible in this guy's case that he would have another 'free' role in the side.

Will this be in your 11 o'clock bulletin?

so nicko are we looking at possibly 2 central midfielders and 1 right winger, what do you mean by the "free role" fella is he another mokena whos not much use in the squad :rock:

I thought this was A rovers supporters site?

You are absolutely right. From now on - regretably - it's Rovers matters only.

My choice.

You don't like it, do one.

This is YOUR site, I'm only visiting. But it's your info and questions that keep me here.

Sorry for any nice folk who have joined in, but it's only Rovers-related from here on.

Nicko,

Any substance, or has someone just earned his lunch voucher.( could explain spuds stalling, apart from the 17mill of course)

Capel hints at Tottenham transfer

Diego Capel admits he would consider leaving Sevilla to "grow as a footballer" if Tottenham can agree a fee with the Spanish side.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...3827184,00.html

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=779424

so nicko are we looking at possibly 2 central midfielders and 1 right winger, what do you mean by the "free role" fella is he another mokena whos not much use in the squad :rock:

I think there is a distinct chance you will change your formation...that's not confirmed, but it would explain why there is a push for different types of midfielders.

Maybe the manager - as an ex midfield player - just likes collecting them.

I think there is a distinct chance you will change your formation...that's not confirmed, but it would explain why there is a push for different types of midfielders.

Maybe the manager - as an ex midfield player - just likes collecting them.

I think thats a strong possibility.

I believe Ince played a 4-5-1 system at MK Dons, or a 4-4-1-1 behind a lone striker.

I'm quite happy though that Ince has identified our main area of weakness and is looking to strengthen. Castillo sounds like he will bring some steel to the midfield, something we lacked last season.

(just gonna throw a few names that fit the description not all realistic)

Benayoun

D'allasandro

Aimar

Arteta

All need a team to do all the hard work for them while they drift in/out of a game!

Removed a fair few posts. We are taking no prisoners at the moment. I have left the majority of this page as it's all relevant to Nicko's decision to stick to rovers issues. So from now on please stick to topic.

Wullie you have been warned.

Oh yeah, 'Wullie' is it?

Nice one Nicko...After all this is a Rovers supporters site...I'm sure the moderator welcome supporters from other clubs but not to have a go eh..

Stuttgart have not played yet this season...but if you check that will change on Saturday... ;)

is osorio first choice right back were looking at seen as hes been mentioned a number of times, cant recall any one else being mentioned apart from belleti which was paper talk

Any big names nicko? who are those players you keep telling us are exciting? Are we likely to make a move for any of them?

I told you there was a pretty exciting right winger who said 'no' but there is another midfield-attacker who is just as good. No names until it moves on.

You have had Fowler and Castillo already, bursting blood vessels here...give us a breath to let the next one develop properly.

Overall I would say the progress is quite good. It's got to happen fast because it's new management, but I do like some of the names that are filtering through to me.

Warning - you might NOT like one of the next ones coming in, but that's the way it goes.

You will get those details later...don't push in the meantime.

I've mentioned this before but I'll add it again as some people may find it useful on this thread.

If anyone coming onto the thread wants to see what Nicko has been on about then just click on his name and choose 'find members posts'.

As he tends to quote what he replies to, you can very easily just catch up with what he has been posting about during the day without the twaddle (or the frog pictures ;) )

The only problem is before searching for the posts you sometimes have to wait a few seconds else you get the flood control warning. Once you've done it though you can actually bookmark the search results page and select that every time.

(I'm not sure if everyone doing searches like this would slow the site down though)

Archived