BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

is osorio first choice right back were looking at seen as hes been mentioned a number of times, cant recall any one else being mentioned apart from belleti which was paper talk

Osorio is on the list, I don't think there is an order. The ones they know least about will be watched a couple of times. The ones they know about only have to be checked one more time.

It's not a crisis - you have many who can fill in there. But I believe you will choose and sign one before it gets serious and the seasons starts.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko, In your 11pm bulletin, will you have any developing news with regards to David Bentley and/or Brad Friedel?

An article in the the daily mail's sport section (online) suggests MON has been 'tying up the capture' (brad friedel) this afternoon.

(I'm not sure if everyone doing searches like this would slow the site down though)

It would, (and does). Which was why I'd disabled it yesterday.

Clicking the LO-FI version at the bottom may be a better way ! Its how I normally read threads

I told you there was a pretty exciting right winger who said 'no' but there is another midfield-attacker who is just as good. No names until it moves on.

You have had Fowler and Castillo already, bursting blood vessels here...give us a breath to let the next one develop properly.

Overall I would say the progress is quite good. It's got to happen fast because it's new management, but I do like some of the names that are filtering through to me.

Warning - you might NOT like one of the next ones coming in, but that's the way it goes.

You will get those details later...don't push in the meantime.

let me guess mk dons captain, i forgot what his name was :rolleyes: pretty pointless especially if ince forks out a million for him

well done EWOOD you got there before me

I prefer the old Nicko thread but this will just get edited any second!

Anyway Nicko, I'm not sure if this has been answered ive looked through but havent found anything. Which players HAVE travelled to Germany?

Any news on our new Academy coach after the Liverpool fella rejected us?

There's a bit of stupidity going on right now, it will get sorted.

All of the players have gone.

The Liverpool guy Shannon was going to be RESERVE team boss. I don't know who they want for that now.

I told you there was a pretty exciting right winger who said 'no' but there is another midfield-attacker who is just as good. No names until it moves on.

You have had Fowler and Castillo already, bursting blood vessels here...give us a breath to let the next one develop properly.

Overall I would say the progress is quite good. It's got to happen fast because it's new management, but I do like some of the names that are filtering through to me.

Warning - you might NOT like one of the next ones coming in, but that's the way it goes.

You will get those details later...don't push in the meantime.

Does that Warning apply to the midfield-attacker or a different midfielder you are on about?

Nice one Nicko...After all this is a Rovers supporters site...I'm sure the moderator welcome supporters from other clubs but not to have a go eh..

Supporters from other clubs are welcome to post on this site. However, they are not welcome to come along simply to question Nicko about their own club. They ARE welcome, as long as they behave themselves to post on any other topic.

If they want to discuss Bentley with the rovers fans, or Friedel, then there are other threads where they can do that.

Midfielder. It won't be a surprise by the looks...

:lol:

seriously how much are rovers going to pay for andrews, ince seems to have more love for him than anything else, maybe were buying him for our fa cup games the first few rounds where we play against teams of his standards :angry:

seriously how much are rovers going to pay for andrews, ince seems to have more love for him than anything else, maybe were buying him for our fa cup games the first few rounds where we play against teams of his standards :angry:

Nicky Marker mk2 ........though Nicky Marker was quite useful !

I would definately agree that to announce a signing of Andrews would cause pandemonium amongst this board, the INCE out thread would be in full swing, Blackburn and darren would be more high profile than Bridgend and upteen thousand tickets would be winging their way back to Ewood.

:rolleyes:

anyhow, going to miss your views Nicko as I am off to far sunnier climes in the Caribbean. If they have the t'internet available I may just pop in for a view but I have promised Mrs Roverite to give my fullest attention to the family holiday before the season starts in earnest.

Whatever you do Theno, dont frighten him off, Nicko may write for a labourite red top but he is a friendly sort of chap.

Tally ho :rolleyes:

Andrews and Fowler in one transfer window?

It is seriously getting beyond a joke!Players like that get rave reviews in that league If their any good!

Mk fans say hes good BUT only at that standard and doubt he could do it in a higher league!

Andrews and Fowler in one transfer window?

It is seriously getting beyond a joke!Players like that get rave reviews in that league If their any good!

Mk fans say hes good BUT only at that standard and doubt he could do it in a higher league!

comon mate, do you think is really going to start him, when were loooking to bring in castillo, and another couple or much better quality players than andrews, who knows he probably come on in the last couple of minutes every game, would be very sweet if he came on against everton in the 1st game of the season where the score is tied, and cracks one right in the top corner, though the chances of that happening are next to none ^_^

comon mate, do you think is really going to start him, when were loooking to bring in castillo, and another couple or much better quality players than andrews, who knows he probably come on in the last couple of minutes every game, would be very sweet if he came on against everton in the 1st game of the season where the score is tied, and cracks one right in the top corner, though the chances of that happening are next to none ^_^

But why buy him if he isnt going to improve us?

Reid, vogel, tugay, mokoena ,dunn, castillo, right winger, Andrews, MGP, gallagher,Treacy!

What is the point?

we need toget rid of at least 4 of them!

Im still confused :blink:

Nicko, is Andrews the midfield-attacker you were on about in your earlier post??

Sorry :unsure:

No, you obviously haven't seen him play... ;)

There is an as-yet-un-named midfield/attacker target.

You have Castillo coming in and Andrews [yes, afraid so] is also very much lined up.

But why buy him if he isnt going to improve us?

Reid, vogel, tugay, mokoena ,dunn, castillo, right winger, Andrews, MGP, gallagher,Treacy!

What is the point?

we need toget rid of at least 4 of them!

MGP, Dunn, Castillo , Bentley/New Signing

That looks to me our next seasons midfield. Vogel, Tugay and Reid on the bench. Mokoena will be a "carling cup" player and the likes of Treacy and Gally won't get much of a run out!

Don't see where Andrews will fit into that.

No, you obviously haven't seen him play... ;)

There is an as-yet-un-named midfield/attacker target.

You have Castillo coming in and Andrews [yes, afraid so] is also very much lined up.

Is he the one that is as good as the previous "top talent" that said no to us?

How far is the progress with him and will you be revealing him at 11?

Cheers Nicko!

MGP, Dunn, Castillo , Bentley/New Signing

it ain't great, MGP simply does'nt offer anything anymore and dunn ain't so great either! I'd have to find a place for vogel simply because i've more faith in him not wasting possession than any of the others. Room for improvement would be an understatement.

Where in God's name will Andrews play?

What does his signing mean for Dunn, Vogel and Reid not to mention Tugay and Mokoena? How many central midfielders do we need especially if we sign Castillo who looks like he should be starting at least after he settles...

Id rather we went for a quality winger or attacking midfielder.

PS. I know this is off-topic but its being reported that Benfica have signed Aimar now...

Archived