BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BRAD FRIEDEL - I understand Villa have now said they WILL pay the £2.5 million fee, but want it done by the weekend. This has been discussed further today and Martin O'Neill is desperate to do it.

PAUL ROBINSON - Rovers have been on to Tottenham and are trying to buying him ON HIS OWN which is a good move. They don't want to discuss the Bentley sale. They only want Robinson just now because of the Friedel bid. I think the club would like to help Friedel and do Robinson as soon as possible. I believe Rovers would pay around £3.5 million for Robinson...over to you Tottenham.

CASTILLO - Is convinced he is coming to sign, I think there may some messing with the fee, but in the end I believe he will sign, Paul Ince wants him, so if the fee is right then it will happen.

ANDREWS - People I trust tell me this deal is done. It is just a matter of when it is announced. I said something about a 'good day to bury bad news' last week and that is almost certainly the case. You have to let the new boss sign who he wants and see how it works out.

So that is potentially THREE players in and ONE out for Rovers...with Bentley still to be decided.

Thanks Nicko!

That aint too bad. I think Rovers may announce the Castillo and Andrews deal together. Maybe Robinson aswell if that deal is sorted.

£3.5million is a good price. £1million extra and we're getting a quality and younger keeper.

Can't argue with that. Ince looks busy!!

£3.5million is a good price. £1million extra and we're getting a quality and younger keeper.

That £1 million extra just gave us Andrews :D

Robinson will cost the same as Roque did, and that's where the comparison stops. I seriously doubt Levy will accept that offer anyway. Who's next in line if Spurs don't accept, Nicko?

Andrews?! This is getting beyond a joke.

This is worse than Fowler, sure I was angry when I found out about Fowler but at least he was free. From what I've read Andrews will cost 1.5 million. What the hell is Ince playing at?!

Nicko, Did rovers pay compensation for Ince? If so how much? Maybe buying Andrews is it!!!

• Backroom

Sounds pretty certain Brad is going then, Nicko? Bitterly disappointed by this, I think Brad's got another 2 seasons left in him and I honestly thought he'd be here until the end.

Firstly read the rules on the topic please! It's been a long night, with plenty of warnings.

PAUL ROBINSON - Rovers have been on to Tottenham and are trying to buying him ON HIS OWN which is a good move. They don't want to discuss the Bentley sale. They only want Robinson just now because of the Friedel bid. I think the club would like to help Friedel and do Robinson as soon as possible. I believe Rovers would pay around £3.5 million for Robinson...over to you Tottenham.

CASTILLO - Is convinced he is coming to sign, I think there may some messing with the fee, but in the end I believe he will sign, Paul Ince wants him, so if the fee is right then it will happen.

ANDREWS - 'good day to bury bad news'

Thank god they are treating the deal serperately but spurs are going to have to move a fair distance from that £6m, what are the chances? Especially with Rovers desperate for the move.

Castilo has to be a good one, by all accounts he will add steel to the midfield. So the germany trip is just a ploy for him to come over, discuss terms and meet his new team mates?

I am not even going to say my true opinion on the Andrews news. It'll have to be buried very deep.

You are absolutely right. From now on - regretably - it's Rovers matters only.

Sorry for any nice folk who have joined in, but it's only Rovers-related from here on.

Well done laddie, I had visions of every other clubs fans on here bothering you once word got round.

BRAD FRIEDEL - I understand Villa have now said they WILL pay the £2.5 million fee, but want it done by the weekend. This has been discussed further today and Martin O'Neill is desperate to do it.

Re: last night's '11 o'clocker' - thanks to Ben2000 for that excellent phrase btw: wouldn't selling Friedel prior to bringing in a replacement weaken our bargaining position in respect of Robinson and the rest of the market?

'Needs must' and presumably Spurs would know that?

In Ince we trust.... we have no other choice! But signing Andrews is a massive case of hope over experience and again makes me worry about boss's favourites in the changing rooms which was my huge concern about Fowler.

We are all probably feeling schadenfreude or whatever at Hughes having gone to thye Thai horror show at the Manchester Caketins but all credit to our former Manager for delivering a squad with such professionalism and massive esprit de corps that they have taken the near 100% change of everybody that matters (thankfully not the magic hands of Dave Fevre unless he was doing a Robbie Savage on the team coach!) in their stride and apparently all bouncing on their return to Ewood.

BUT, adding Andrews and Fowler for positive effect smacks of Ince fixing something that isn't broken. And we should not underestimate the enormous effect Brad has- the big man has real gravitas, a quality rarely found in a professional footballer and if he moves, the gap would be huge.

I am not against the move, paying a £10m deal for a 37 year old is a big gamble by Villa and we all saw how Shilton and Seaman carried on to the point that their appearances between the sticks became little more than cruel parodies.

I personally, think the move will founder on Daniel Levy at Spurs- we have got to get him to unbundle Bentley AND drop the Robinson price by 40% AND make a decision in 24 hours. If JW manages that, we should build a statue to him as well!

Finally, I would be happy and was happy with Nicko giving news of the rest of the Prem. Newcastle screwing up a second signing over wages is ENORMOUSLY significant to Rovers. It means that the barcodes are leaving the super wage packet league and joining the rest of the Premiership mortals and is taking yet another inflationary pressure out of the EPL pressure cooker which benefits Rovers and our chances of maintaining a long term top half position.

End of the day- what Ince does is the 90% determinant of Rovers continuing to prosper and boy are we sweating watching that one but I had never expected the money froth to blow off the top of the Premiership THIS summer. That is huge news which the press herd has not noticed.

If what nicko said about the "free role" player move materialised, i'll be very excited.

Offhand, i can't really think of any bad player in such a role. To play in such a role, the player must be at least as skillful as bentley.

Nicko - any idea when we will get more details about this player?

The only new thing that has come up is this Warnock story. Intriguing.

Keegan DOES want a left back, but as of last night he was still looking for one.

Warnock is respected by many, but if the offer was £3 million I suggest it has no chance.

And after the way the Toon screwed up Aimar - plus many others - I would not count on them making the right offer.

One to watch, I suspect, because the tale seems to have been leaked in the north east.

Nicko Atletico want to sell Seitaridis their Greek right back. He has gone off the boil with a few injuries but he is still young and was a quality right back a couple of years ago...Anything in the pipelines at all?

I like him but the general feeling is that he can't defend. Villa went to watch him recently and came back with that view. But you could do worse in my opinion.

I remember that in 2004 he was absolutely brilliant.

I dont think you can have a full back that is equally good in defence as in attack, but he is one of those with a relatively balanced proportion. For instance Paulo Ferreira is totally geared towards defence...I wouldnt mind either he or Osorio coming in.

I still cant believe we are wasting even one pound for Keith Andrews...

nicko, do you think spurs will go down from their asking price of 6million to 4/3.5million for what rovers want robinson for, also am i right in saying that villa want this done by midday tommrow in order to register fridel in time for the start of their intertoto cup :rover:

If Villa are afraid of getting knocked out of the Intertoto Cup hinging on who their goalkeeper is, then they have problems!

no, i think its not like that if fridel isnt registered by the deadline tommorw then he will the first round of the intertoto and maybe the second if they go through

Archived