BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

I know nothing about this Andrews either, but I will trust those that have and who obviously think he is capable of meeting our needs in midfield. How can anyone sensibly dismiss him out of hand when they have never seen him play? That is nothing more or less than blind prejudice.

I've read some of the MK Dons boards and they can't believe he has been linked to us and for over £1 million. These are the people who have been watching him week in week out and they reckon he is championship standard at best.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if this "good day to bury bad news" that nicko is saying is true, what does that say about our current regime?! I think someone else mentioned this in the thread before nicko did too so it sounds like it could have some basis.

"Burying" news of our new signing because they know it wont make the fans happy? Trying to pull wool over our eyes? If this is what they're like already then help us all...

Seen as most the posts are deleted or edited from Nickos thread.

27yr old from MK dons. What are your views on the players?

Thanks Blue n wite rover, that's exactly what we want. Someone prepared to take the info from Nicko's thread and bring it into the general m/b discussion.

I'd be gutted if ince did that. Think about it you Santa Cruz, Bentley or someone like that and Paul Ince brought in his fat mate from MK Dons, you'd wanna leave streight away. If that started to happen then Inces player mates would start picking themselves.

Assuming this doomsday scenario that you seem to have made up your mind will definitely happen comes to pass, where would that leave the reputation and career prospects of Paul Ince? Do you really believe he is that stupid that he is going to kill-off his own managerial career before it has even got going at the top level of English football? :rolleyes:

People will jump on my back, but what the hey. Should this transfer go through, it will only prove what a naive decision appointing Paul Ince was. We finished 7th last season, and should be aiming to take it up a gear. Instead we've entered a real transitional phase which is catering Ince's fledgling career while he brings in below-par signings. If Ince goes on to bring in some real gems and finishes in the top-half then I'll eat humble pie till it comes out of my ears.

Yep, it's still early days...but you only get once chance to make a first impression.

People will jump on my back, but what the hey. Should this transfer go through, it will only prove what a naive decision appointing Paul Ince was. We finished 7th last season, and should be aiming to take it up a gear. Instead we've entered a real transitional phase which is catering Ince's fledgling career while he brings in below-par signings. If Ince goes on to bring in some real gems and finishes in the top-half then I'll eat humble pie till it comes out of my ears.

Yep, it's still early days...but you only get once chance to make a first impression.

I certainly won't jump on your back.

We had Laudrup, we had his agent saying he wanted to come even after the initial interview and even after he would have found out the size of the task and the funds.

We bottled it over some clauses to let him go to Spain? So what? I'd rather have had him manage us for a season, do well and then move on, than have a season of League Two tripe, having to sack our manager and pay him off with a big sum at the end of it.

I know we haven't kicked a ball but this for me is the worst of Ince's questionable decisions so far. Would you see Villa, Everton, Spurs or Portsmouth sign a League Two player?!

He's a hidden gem.....

That's what it is.... just a hidden gem....

Probably the signing of the season...

A hidden gem.. *mutter mutter mutter*

We bottled it over some clauses to let him go to Spain? So what? I'd rather have had him manage us for a season, do well and then move on, than have a season of League Two tripe, having to sack our manager and pay him off with a big sum at the end of it.

Cannot disagree with that. If a manager wants to leave he won't need a clause in his contract anyway, and seeing as he was a free agent it would've been okay to not get the same amount we got for Hughes and his staff.

But Ince is our manager now, and until he does fail miserably we should all support him and have faith in John Williams' judgement. I've been excited and disappointed over several big-money signings made in the past - maybe it's the other way around this time.

super

im not on the "ince out" camp, but my bus is heading there :(

our former boss left for city, and tired really hard for ronaldinho, one of the best players on the planet (when he is fit of course).

he do not look at our squad, other than maybe the keeper, but he doesnt really care.

our new boss is looking at mk dons for management and players. hoorah!

if this chap is 27, and still have not tried himself anywhere near the premiership he cant be good enough. scouts would for sure have gotten him a long time ago if he was anything at all.

please prove me wrong!

our former boss left for city, and tired really hard for ronaldinho, one of the best players on the planet (when he is fit of course).

he do not look at our squad, other than maybe the keeper, but he doesnt really care.

please prove me wrong!

To be fair, that wasn't Hughes that was trying really hard for Ronaldo, not a fair comparison.

But still, Ince is showing his naivety already.

I'm not going to call for his head if he signs Andrews, but i will be seriously wondering why we have signed him and the fee involved.

£1.5 million if true sounds ridiculous for a league one? player.

League Two.

With all the best will in the world it's going to be such a huge step up too.

By the way, I'm surprised there's not been more reaction to what nicko said about them trying to 'bury' this signing so the fans wouldnt notice it so much. That for me is a VERY worrying sign.

It's not worrying that they want to "bury" it, they simply realise that it isn't the biggest name for a first signing and that the fans expect more. If Ince really thinks he is good enough then we'll have to trust him, but 1.5 seems a lot.

I'm not going to call for his head if he signs Andrews, but i will be seriously wondering why we have signed him and the fee involved.

£1.5 million if true sounds ridiculous for a league one? player.

Watford offered 700k only a month ago, and even that's to much.

With all the best will in the world it's going to be such a huge step up too.

I agree it will be a big step up for him, playing with some top quality players e.g. two champions league winning strikers, going to some of the biggest grounds in football and then there is the adjustment to the higher standard of training and fitness required.

Theres nothing we can do though, Ince is going to sign him so we will have to wait and see what happens.

I'm not optimistic

It's not worrying that they want to "bury" it, they simply realise that it isn't the biggest name for a first signing and that the fans expect more. If Ince really thinks he is good enough then we'll have to trust him, but 1.5 seems a lot.

I think it is worrying, they shouldn't try and pull the wool over our eyes.

If Ince is confident in this signing he should be bold and announce it and let Andrews prove the fans wrong, not sign him and hide it away.

If Ince is confident in this signing he should be bold and announce it and let Andrews prove the fans wrong, not sign him and hide it away.

The pressure is rising on all fronts for Mr Ince.

We had Laudrup, we had his agent saying he wanted to come even after the initial interview and even after he would have found out the size of the task and the funds.

Exactly.

Success is so fleeting for clubs like us, why not take a risk with an established big-name manager instead of taking an even bigger one with Ince, unproven at the top level.

It's like Chelski being linked with Phil Scolari but ending up with Chris Coleman.

worlds gone mad! halfwits payed megamoney for lower league garbage last year(chopra,king,kamara), and its inflated all prices. No league one player should ever cost 7 figures especially when he's 27 so you are'nt even paying for potential.

This must go down as the least ambitious start to a new job of any manager ever!

The pressure is rising on all fronts for Mr Ince.

Both very good points. Personally I'm unimpressed we appointed Ince as manager in the first place, we haven't seen or heard anything of the sligtest interest from Ince or the club which is a real shame but indicative of the situation we find ourselves in. My gut feeling is fourth division manager, fourth division player. For large numbers of fans Ince has everything to prove and very little to gain, if Andrews is the first signing and the club are trying to hide this it speaks volumes for their concerns about the fans' view of our summer to date.

There was a time when Ossie Ardilles and Steve Archibald arrived at the club. That was exciting, but ageing ex-Liverpool strikers don't have the same effect when you're in the PL.

The summer is a period when we need to build interest and excitment, there is very little so far.

Archived