BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

I recall watching MK Dons on telly last year and the pre match interview with ex boss Martin Allen. At that time he said that Andrews was a great buy for them as he is a class above at that level. To my mind he'd need to be many classes above to even get on the bench in the Prem.

A poor poor decision by the new manager and at 1.5 million? Well, I'm dumbfounded.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do think a degree of trust has to be given to Ince, until he makes a mistake we have to assume he knows what he was doing. I'd have a more of a problem about this if we were talking about a defender or a striker, but Ince should know what it takes to be a midfielder in the premiership. He's played with the guy, trained with the guy and it wasn't that long ago that Ince was playing in the Premiership.

Sod it either sign the 4th Div lad or simply bung Freidel that 1.5 mill + wages in his back sack and the jobs sorted. Which action does anyone think will have most effect on results, points total, our credibility and our future contacts over the pond? :huh:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ielder_capture/

nicko, accroding to this the deal sounds fairly close, im keen to hear who he is, is it worth getting excited over :xmas:

From which country is Keith Andrews,sounds more like a rugby player than a soccer player....i cannot for the love of all things good,understand what we are doing with Castillo...ive heard that the guy is superb,in defence and is never afraid to attack,and he is able to play neat little passes....Juve wanted him,and i know that,well i heard that Hamburg,and Borussia Dortmund were after him

Just read this thread and "Approval of Paul Wince as manager" Funny thing as I was reading them "The Sound of Silence" came on the radio. I have never felt dread like it, especially due to the last two verses.

If a squad player he is, cheap he must be.

Anything over 250K and I am going to throw up.

I've had a couple of responses to the thread i posted on the 606 MK Dons forum, hoping for some more later:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A38448471

Hmm. Whatrs worrying about that is he seemed to bring players from Macclesfield wth him to the Dons and they didn't really work out.

The interesting thing about him is that he seems to be a creative player. I thought if we were signing from 3 divisions down it would be more like a hassling midfielder.

THere are echoes of Samba in this - complete unknown, virtually untested at a decent level. Although Samba did have the defence of being young.....

One argument you could make is that if he really is a decent passer, then the lower divisions are going to hamper his game.

I just hope this is a stroke of outrageous genius.

THere are echoes of Samba in this - complete unknown, virtually untested at a decent level. Although Samba did have the defence of being young.....

Samba had played 20 or so games for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga, that's miles away from where Andrews has been throughout his career.

I'm not totally against the risk, but £1.5 million is absolutely outrageous for a club like us to be spending on a player that played in League Two last season. £250k-£500k should be the absolute maximum.

The fact that Ince keeps going for people he knows terrifies me though, it narrows the options available to us terribly. I'm sure there will be players throughout Europe who will be better than Andrews and available for £1.5 million ish. Hughes had a knack of finding these players (no doubt after a lengthy search) whereas Ince seems to be taking the easy route so far.

Andrews is our captain and an ever present player last season he won't leave us to come to you as just a squad player.

Rubbish.

Theres no doubt he would rather be a squad player in a top 7 premiership side than a 1st team regular for league 1 Wimbledon.

Most probably but if you want to spaend what is reported to be 1.5 million for an untried at your level attacking midfielder our chairman won't stop you

It's a crazy sum - I'll certainly not argue with you on that, Badgemaker

Most probably but if you want to spaend what is reported to be 1.5 million for an untried at your level attacking midfielder our chairman won't stop you

Thats precisely the point mate, WE don't want to!!

As I've been trying to keep the faith with Ince over the past week or so, I must admit this deal seems totally pointless and it seems like Ince is doing his old teams a favour. I can understand the Brad for Robinson decision based upon age. I can understand the Castillo deal even if it does seem a little costly..............heck, I have even come around to the idea of Robbie Fowler being a squad player but this deal just doesn't make sense, even if Ince knows how to get the best out of him.

What does a 27 yr old former league two player have that Mokoena and Vogel don't? Even if he does have more to his game than these two, we still have these two players as well as Emerton and possbily Castillo for that position. This deal seems very strange to me, here's to hoping the deal falls through ................ :D

Archived