BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrews would be the Rovers worst signing ever....Come back Matty Holmes, Paul McKinnon, Ashley Ward, Larry Grayson you're all forgiven.

He hasn't even signed yet let alone play and yet he's the "worst signing ever" - he's not wasting any time this Andrews fella is he?

Pound for pound the worst signing ever has to be Kev Davies or Grabbi surely? This from the ever reliable Wikipedia on Grabbi - "he was signed by Blackburn Rovers for a record fee of £6.75 million in July 2001, but due to injuries and sheer lack of talent* he failed to repeat this progress, scoring just once in fourteen games. Grabbi's move to Blackburn is widely regarded as one of the worst transfers in the history of the English Premier League"

* :lol:

Anyway, I digress, back to reality. I've never seen Keith Andrews play in my life. Paul Ince a midfielder who has played at the highest level in England, and in Italy and at International level has.

While my expectations couldn't possibly be any lower I'm going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt and see if his first touch for us is any good, if it isn't I shall declare him our "worst ever signing". At which point I will also demand that the manager is sacked along with the Board and that they are all taken to Lord Square to hang amongst the rubble.

No Comment..

For those who think 1.2 million is a good value in todays current transfer madness. Think again, when was the last time a division 2 player moved for that much. I can say it doesnt happen much. And it doesnt always pay off, look at Eastwood.

Its like some kind of Ince cult...you must all follow me.

While my expectations couldn't possibly be any lower I'm going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt and see if his first touch for us is any good, if it isn't I shall declare him our "worst ever signing". At which point I will also demand that the manager is sacked along with the Board and that they are all taken to Lord Square to hang amongst the rubble.

Hanging?!?! What are you Gandhi? Break them on the wheel, give squad moral a boost.

No Comment..

For those who think 1.2 million is a good value in todays current transfer madness. Think again, when was the last time a division 2 player moved for that much.

Johnny Stead bucko.

Next. B)

You bloody walkover Bob.

I know - I'm all for giving people a fair crack of the whip. OK I'll strike a deal; if we sign Andrews and he still has that ridiculous barnetry (below - not for the faint hearted) then they can all go straight to Lord Square.

0,,10420~3360288,00.jpg

Bloody Nike kits my arse....

Just noticed that. I make that MK Dons and Stanley - and we end up with bloody Spall again. Makes you wonder what goes on at that supposed "Club Shop" we have down there. I blame Saunders.

Have to agree with Bob.

Give Ince a bit of credit. He has played at the highest level and he has seen Andrews first-hand.

Whatever we may think about signing an unknown to us, let's wait and see before hanging the guy out to dry.

Just wait till he signs officially.

Some fans on here are to quick to jump on conclusons about the manager and players we are being linked with. It's a win-win situation for them. If Rovers do well they'll say "oh I've never said Ince was a S*** manager blah blah blah" and if we do rubbish next season they'll say "see I told you!"

Just wait till he signs officially.

Some fans on here are to quick to jump on conclusons about the manager and players we are being linked with. It's a win-win situation for them. If Rovers do well they'll say "oh I've never said Ince was a S*** manager blah blah blah" and if we do rubbish next season they'll say "see I told you!"

That's absolute rubbish. Our posts are here, preserved and ready for you to quote if Andrews turns out to be a world beater.

I've been wrong about things before and I'll be wrong about things again, but it's a perfectly reasonable conclusion to jump to.

Anyone want to bet that Andrews will be our next captain?

Madness i know, but i can see it happen. I have that feeling... :rock:

If that happened and I was a Rovers player, I would be looking for the exit door, especially if I'd been there for a while and seen Ince bring this player in and immediately make him captain.

I would have thought it would be unlikely, but there seems to be an MK Dons man in the know lurking on our board, he told us Andrews was a certainty some time back and he's mentioned he might be made captain...

imagine some league 1 player telling santa cruz, samba, nelsen , dunn, and roberts what to do..

hopefully this is just for the squad-it is 7subs this season, and last season we did have a short squad..you never know-he could turn out to be like tim cahill-playing in lower leagues, and then performing well in premierleague..i wont be delighted with this signing-and its nothing to shout about, but i trust ince's judgement..

That'll be me although not begrudging Andrews for wanting to better himself he has already in an interview on Sky that he is too good a player for the 1st Division and on his day I can't argue with that but he is not consistent he also sometimes seems arrogant and when he came to us from Hull he was immediately made captain even though we had one already.

As far as i know no official approach and offer has been made although you have been in touch about the move to you.

Will he be made Captain when he comes to you I think he will.

Archived