BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mgp Best In The League

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now he's got his blonde hair back you'll be able to keep better track of him! He got about fairly fast at Macclesfield on Monday, but of course he didn't have "Gamst" on his shirt........................

Make or break season for Gamst i feel.

Whilst he started to show some goalscoring form towards the end of the season, his service to the strikers has been dire for some time.

Hopefully with a new manager he might get the kick up the backside he needs and we might see the Gamst of old that has been missing for a couple of seasons.

Well now he's got his blonde hair back you'll be able to keep better track of him! He got about fairly fast at Macclesfield on Monday, but of course he didn't have "Gamst" on his shirt........................

sitting 4 rows behind you, I thought he looked a bit quicker and also got up for headers better than I'd seen in a while

Maybe Bosingwa will tip Big Phil the wink and there'll be a £15 mill bid coming in from Chelsea?

I like MGP. Admittedly he can be a bit anonymous at times, but he has got a cracking left peg and he's great in the air. Still a good option for us, especially with a new lease of life under Ince.

MGP does a lot of work defensively, which is not his forte. He stopped scoring consistently(-ish) when he stopped ghosting in at the far post. If the defensive shackles were loosened a bit he could start taking up thos positions again.

Four in six sufficient of an improvement, jbn?

(MGP's Prem scoring record at the end of last season)

A definate improvement, but he still didn't look that great overall.

I think it is hard to argue that of the regular XI we put out last season he was one of the 3-4 worst players. Of the players who were not coming back from injury only McCarthy, Samba and Roberts had spells where they looked worse than Pedersen.

As others have said the first half of this season will have a huge effect on his future.

MGP does a lot of work defensively, which is not his forte. He stopped scoring consistently(-ish) when he stopped ghosting in at the far post. If the defensive shackles were loosened a bit he could start taking up thos positions again.

The main reason I tolerated his few mistakes was his desire to TRY and help at the back and chase back players. I can remember a few last ditch MGP tackles last season, that stopped a potential goal scoring opportunity for the opposition.

I think some of the criticism for mgp on here is terrible and uncalled for, cut the guy some slack.

Personally i think he is the best player we have at the club and we are very lucky to have him. He gives everything for the team, played most of last season through injury and still ran the furthest. He has so many skills to his game defensively and going forward and he is the best at set pieces at the club and that includes being ahead of DB.

He scores goals from midfield, has bags of technique, is one of the best in the air at the club and can show boat with the best of them. I wouldn't swap him for any other left sided player in the PL as he just brings so much to the table.

The fella will remain a legend in my eyes forever for what he done on the 24/09/2005!

Gamsten is just quality. Face it. Give the guy a break. I predict Gamsten to run riot this season, score 9 goals and 8 crosses. Rovers finishing a dissapointing 14th. Still waiting for a central midfielder that has creativity and the feet to make things he thinks of, work out.

I think some of the criticism for mgp on here is terrible and uncalled for, cut the guy some slack.

Personally i think he is the best player we have at the club and we are very lucky to have him. He gives everything for the team, played most of last season through injury and still ran the furthest. He has so many skills to his game defensively and going forward and he is the best at set pieces at the club and that includes being ahead of DB.

He scores goals from midfield, has bags of technique, is one of the best in the air at the club and can show boat with the best of them. I wouldn't swap him for any other left sided player in the PL as he just brings so much to the table.

The fella will remain a legend in my eyes forever for what he done on the 24/09/2005!

Second, third, fourth and fifth that. Presty :tu::brfcsmilie:

Gamsten is just quality. Face it. Give the guy a break. I predict Gamsten to run riot this season, score 9 goals and 8 crosses. Rovers finishing a dissapointing 14th. Still waiting for a central midfielder that has creativity and the feet to make things he thinks of, work out.

Second, third, fourth and fifth that. Presty :tu::brfcsmilie:

Don't agree with that ;)

Do agree with Presty though. Tireless and one of the best jumps in the PL, I think only Ronaldo can jump as high.

Crossing wasn't as good last season but towards the end he did show glimpses. Maybe if he does take a few more risks and gets in behind the defenders like he did against Fulham, he may get a few more goals in.

Could well be the most one paced player in the whole of the Premier League ( Alan Stubbs and Robbie Savage are the only two I can think of that are slower), He's tall with a good spring but rarely heads it anywhere threatening. Two good feet but can't beat a man to save his life, never composes himself just slashes the ball in as quick as possible. Boswinga must be on something really potent.

By all accounts Rovers have had a lucky escape from a horror tackle on MGP in the Hoffenheim friendly- MGP bruised but not broken or torn.

Obviously his new reputation as the EPL's best is preceding him to far flung places.

Ped only has two years left on his contract and no word on any response to the offer tabled a few months ago. The next one for the exit door.......

Oh I DO hope so. Cash money for him would be a result as good as cash for Mike Newell or Graeme Souness.

I thought Gamst was excellent against Benfica lastnight, he really put in some good work.

• 4 weeks later...

In fact 'The Special One' stated the following about MGP:

"He is destined for the very top. I respect Blackburn as a club but I think Pedersen will be playing for a top team in England very soon. He can score half a dozen goals from set-pieces, he works hard for the team and now, at 26, he has matured into a top-level player."

High praise from a top manager, MGP certainly has the potential to be a world beater but wained a lot last year.

In fact 'The Special One' stated the following about MGP:

"He is destined for the very top. I respect Blackburn as a club but I think Pedersen will be playing for a top team in England very soon. He can score half a dozen goals from set-pieces, he works hard for the team and now, at 26, he has matured into a top-level player."

High praise from a top manager, MGP certainly has the potential to be a world beater but wained a lot last year.

Are all these people blind? MGP is a good player but not good enough to be in a "top 4" side. Very Average cross. Good a set pieces but other than his last goal against Benfica. I don't see many others. He need a rich vain of form for him to be the player he was a couple of seasons back and even then there was room for improvement.

Archived