BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Evening With Alan Nixon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Ste B @ Jul 17 2008, 18:26 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should be a laugh.. Though I'm sure somebody will put their hand up to say "Nicko.. please can I go the toilet"

Well at least if Brownie is true to his trade their will be no U18's. In fact if there is a good response maybe we can make it over 25's.

It seems admin are going to be awash with free beer at the Hordens.

What next? The Mirror sponsoring the board? <_<

No free beers, I even make my kids pay for their j2o's !

Ste and Glenn are having free tickets for my Evening with David Speedie and thats about it !

I would support this wholeheartedly because it's a brilliant initiative, and Blackburn pubs need all the initiatives they can get just now (short of ripping off BRFC with dodgy satellite transmissions of Rovers home games).

Brownie kicked this whole topic off by outlining his plans for ex-players (the likes of Speedie) to take questions at the Hordens before this "Evening with Alan Nixon" came to the fore. If the one leads to the other, then it's fantastic execution by Brownie.

For now, Nicko offering to do this at a Blackburn pub is worth far more than his contributions on this internet site. It's got my support, and if I can help beyond buying a ticket / turning up, then let me know.

I've been told John Williams has the first question.

Any guesses? :D

Yep, could be a potentially brief night:

So Alan, who's your "mole" within the Club?

"You know I can't reveal that."

Alan what's the latest transfer news?

"I can't say anything on that until the paper comes out in the morning."

:)

Seriously though, sounds very interesting, I'd be up for it.

Just like old times, when we would discuss just what what a c*nt Saunders is.

"Alan, you must have interviewed some big names over the years down at Rovers, the likes of Shearer, Dalglish so on and so forth, I expect you also spoke to Jack on a few occasions as well. Was Dean Saunders really the Overlord of All Evil?"

Alan what's the latest transfer news?

"I can't say anything on that until the paper comes out in the morning."

"So you can't say much until 11.00 then Alan?"

"No - can't say a word."

"OK, right. Anyone fancy a pint?" Clever Brownie, very clever.

"Alan, you must have interviewed some big names over the years down at Rovers, the likes of Shearer, Dalglish so on and so forth, I expect you also spoke to Jack on a few occasions as well. Was Dean Saunders really the Overlord of All Evil?"

"So you can't say much until 11.00 then Alan?"

"No - can't say a word."

"OK, right. Anyone fancy a pint?" Clever Brownie, very clever.

Quality Bob, just quality.

I've been told John Williams has the first question.

Any guesses? :D

"Nicko can you tell me if you know whether this pub as well as Feni club and the Fieldings et al intend to screen live broadcasts of BRFC home matches inext season when the match is being played out live less than two miles down the road and we are struggling for crowds?"

"Nicko can you tell me if you know whether this pub as well as Feni club and the Fieldings et al intend to screen live broadcasts of BRFC home matches inext season when the match is being played out live less than two miles down the road and we are struggling for crowds?"

Quality 'Drog! :D

Is that in case the golf gets rained off theno? ;)

By the way - yes I'd look to attend.

Archived