BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Sign Chilean Superstar Carlos Villanueva

den

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything that plays in midfield and is not Keith Andrews is good news to me.

I do have concerns if this were ever to happen. South Americans gernally don't work out in the EPL. I have the same concern for Castillo.

Granted Santa Cruz has been a hit. Other than that I'm struggling Juninho, Tevez possibly.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hwnYEb87Sy8

My god...hopefully he can do that regularly for us this year.

But that's in training, on a dry pitch with his teammates tackling or rather not tackling him. The question has to be can he do that on a soggy pitch in freezing cold weather when the best defenders in the prem are actually trying to take the ball off him.

Anything that plays in midfield and is not Keith Andrews is good news to me.

I do have concerns if this were ever to happen. South Americans gernally don't work out in the EPL. I have the same concern for Castillo.

Granted Santa Cruz has been a hit. Other than that I'm struggling Juninho, Tevez possibly.

The little fella at Brum last season was decent. As was Asprilla. And Mascherano. Quite a few decent ones.

I'm well up for this. Ince seems to be being clever here, only problem is if you have only seen the player on DVD presumably you need to thoroughly check them out face to face to check ou their temprement and ability in different conditions. But then if we try to take him on trial first someone else might nick him....

Also interesting to see he is left footed. Should MGP be getting a bead on?

We could have a completely different four in midfield come the first game of the season....

But that's in training, on a dry pitch with his teammates tackling or rather not tackling him. The question has to be can he do that on a soggy pitch in freezing cold weather when the best defenders in the prem are actually trying to take the ball off him.

The boy seems to have talent when he plays real games too.

Very happy with the link to this player.

Hopefully all players the manager wants and scouts is like this one.

The boy seems to have talent when he plays real games too.

Very happy with the link to this player.

Hopefully all players the manager wants and scouts is like this one.

Looks like he can play anywhere across the midfield behind the striker in that video. Also he has a bit of pace about him which we desperately need, as well as outstanding dribling technique....

The DVD thing is worrying. Hopefully he will be open to a trial. And being from the same part of the world Cruz must be an absolutely massive name down there to reference.

I don't think that the manager can fly all of the world looking at players. I would feel more comfortable with him seeing a DVD as opposed to just word of mouth.

Our scouting system seems to be very good.

Hughes always saw players in the flesh before buying. Probably part of the reason we only got good uns in...

Knowing the wide and varied readers of this MB, there's probably another ten premier league clubs looking his way now.

Would it have been better keeping it quiet until he was on the verge of signing?

I doubt anybody is getting their scouting info of a fan's forum tbf.

Tho Sven seemed to play a lot of Football Manager.

Time to phone or text Tim Vickery tonight on the world football phone in, see what he thinks of him and whether he can make the prem. :rock:

Oh what a wonderful idea! Let's make a bigger splash about him than there is already, just in case there are any other clubs that hadn't noticed already and might be interested. We wouldn't want them to miss the opportunity now would we?

please god let it happen!

It's already getting less likely by the minute. Reason? see my reply to RVR!!

Oh yes! And to all those who dont believe there are any other clubs' scouts on this MB.....have you checked the number of "guests" at any given time on Nicko's thread?

Archived