BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Sign Chilean Superstar Carlos Villanueva

den

Oh what a wonderful idea! Let's make a bigger splash about him than there is already, just in case there are any other clubs that hadn't noticed already and might be interested. We wouldn't want them to miss the opportunity now would we?

Its likely other clubs knew before the press did that we were looking at him. Clubs are bound to monitor the activities of other clubs in the transfer window and the word gets around between scouts and agents.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its likely other clubs knew before the press did that we were looking at him. Clubs are bound to monitor the activities of other clubs in the transfer window and the word gets around between scouts and agents.

Its a good point though. Hughes did say that he had been gazumped a few times at Ewood recently when looking at players. With the amount fo money flowing around the prem at the moment probs all 20 clubs could afford Villeneuva.... I would be suprised if there were not a couple of managers alerted to him by todays reports. His You Tube videos alone are enouh to probably make it worth getting a couple of DVDs in to watch them, which is pretty much what Ince has done.

It all probably adds up to making a trial quite difficult...

I fear that if we offer him a trial we may lose him.

If he is as good as the videos suggest and the gut feeling that he is worth a gamble at such a cheap price, then i feel we need to skip the trial and sign him quick.

I agree.

Can opposition scouts watch trialist's while training with us?

Anything that plays in midfield and is not Keith Andrews is good news to me.

I do have concerns if this were ever to happen. South Americans gernally don't work out in the EPL. I have the same concern for Castillo.

Granted Santa Cruz has been a hit. Other than that I'm struggling Juninho, Tevez possibly.

Solano has been pretty good at the Barcodes, Villa & West ham

Solano has been pretty good at the Barcodes, Villa & West ham

Isn't Valencia from round that way...?

Good coaching is the key. South American football is a world away from European and especially English football but if he's willing to put the work in to adapt his game, he certainly seems to have all the attributes to succeed, from what I've seen of the videos anyway.

I agree.

Can opposition scouts watch trialist's while training with us?

Well I am not sure you should sign anyone uless you can actually get a handle on how good they are beyond some highlights. Not sure what avenues Ince can explore which is quicker than a trial. Get all of his DVDs from last season? Consult some respected people in the game in Chile? Still doesn't guarantee to you that heisn't a complete numpty....

Also it could mean a situation where he signs for Blackburn, rocks up and hates the place. That's no good either. I think realistically it going to involve at least a couple of days of him being in Blackburn/with the squad in Germany before he signs.... any less than that and we are seriously exposing ourself.

Nickos, exclusive was about to blown, as he stated, thats why he released it.

If I can sniff out his exclusive at 1930hrs, from goal.com, I'm sure other journos could.

When I posted is this the man, Nicko did not respond, for reasons below I believe.

The damage is done.

JW will have a real battle on his hands now, to close this deal.

As much as many like the 11pm updates, in the current situation BRFC find themselves in, it does not help the cause.

Even Nicko, said today he wanted to keep the lid on this until Sunday, I think he should have done, but that would have cost him.

Well I am not sure you should sign anyone uless you can actually get a handle on how good they are beyond some highlights. Not sure what avenues Ince can explore which is quicker than a trial. Get all of his DVDs from last season? Consult some respected people in the game in Chile? Still doesn't guarantee to you that heisn't a complete numpty....

Also it could mean a situation where he signs for Blackburn, rocks up and hates the place. That's no good either. I think realistically it going to involve at least a couple of days of him being in Blackburn/with the squad in Germany before he signs.... any less than that and we are seriously exposing ourself.

I can understand that, however we could have a similar situation as Castillo where the agent and player aren't happy.

We could end up losing both!

Looks like Ince is sniffing around Sparkys left overs.

Apparently Sparky is still after this player after failing to get Ronnie from Barca.

So Man City could p1ss us off again.........

It seems like a bit of an unneccessary signing for City though..? They've already got Elano and Johnson as well as Ireland and that Jo doesn't look like someone who stays up top (from watching them last night against the Faroes). What they need is another Petrov, but right footed to stay on the right wing.

It seems like a bit of an unneccessary signing for City though..? They've already got Elano and Johnson as well as Ireland and that Jo doesn't look like someone who stays up top (from watching them last night against the Faroes). What they need is another Petrov, but right footed to stay on the right wing.

Your not suggesting bentley, by any chance.

Looks fantastic - Fast, tricky , scores some sweet free-kicks. Reminds me of Farfan.

Unfortunately though this could be a move where other clubs will come in for him too - Man city and the like. <_<

It's one the boss wanted. If he still wants him we will have to wait and see. But Sparky is yet to really put his stamp on things yet with his unheard of superstar signings.

Fingers crossed we get in first.

Hey everybody. As I said, I have a good friend who is from Chile and he had this (verbatim) to say about Carlos Villanueva:

carlos is a great player , number 10 , he is the playmaker. he is kind of small and skinny but hell , he is talented. he needs to go to europe , he is wasting his time in south america. great player , defenetly an asset. somehow similar to rosicky , a little bit shorter.

So make what you will of that. Which isn't much more information that we already kno, I guess :)

If that true then I hope that the loan deal includes the 'option to buy' clause in it.

We don't want to end up getting him used to the premier league, only for another team.

sorry for repeating whats been said, I must be getting slower at typing! :D

Surely that has to have a future-fee already agreed, with us having first option (I think Wigan did the same with Valencia).

If not then that is shocking. My estimation of our negotiating powers dropped significantly over the Bentley sell-on clause saga...this would just rub salt in the wounds if it was a regular loan deal.

Deal Agreed, according to SKy Sources.

A year long loan deal, subject to a work permit.

If correct it could be a really bad move.

What happens if he does well and we want to buy him at the end of the season so they charge a huge fee, or another club could be alerted if he does well and we lose him.

If the article is true why aren't we buying him outright?

Surely that has to have a future-fee already agreed, with us having first option (I think Wigan did the same with Valencia).

If not then that is shocking. My estimation of our negotiating powers dropped significantly over the Bentley sell-on clause saga...this would just rub salt in the wounds if it was a regular loan deal.

Good points.

The thing I noticed in one of the links was that Real Sociedad are in the Spanish 2nd Division. Should we be concerned about signing someone who was going to play at that level in Spain?

Archived