BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Sign Chilean Superstar Carlos Villanueva

den

They could be the option to buy him at the end of the season. If there is, this sounds like a good bit of business. It's about time we brought in an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not if he is as talented as he looks. I would sign him. 3.5-4 for a player who could be as good as that? It's a steal and worth the risk. If he doesn't work out we won't have blown the bank, if he does...times that by 4 or 5 to buy him again.

If the loan deal has a first option for us with an agreed fee and it is all set in stone, then perfect. I just think you risk something going wrong that we don't need to. Let's say we have first option at 4, he does amazingly well and we agree the fee, but then he doesn't want to come to us because he knows Big Club X is interested. What do we do then? Get him on our books.

Do you pre-agree personal terms?

Not if he is as talented as he looks. I would sign him. 3.5-4 for a player who could be as good as that? It's a steal and worth the risk. If he doesn't work out we won't have blown the bank, if he does...times that by 4 or 5 to buy him again.

If the loan deal has a first option for us with an agreed fee and it is all set in stone, then perfect. I just think you risk something going wrong that we don't need to. Let's say we have first option at 4, he does amazingly well and we agree the fee, but then he doesn't want to come to us because he knows Big Club X is interested. What do we do then? Get him on our books.

Good Post, Well thought out.

Very risky scenario.

I agree.

Hopefully a permanent deal is penned into it, but what if the player decides he wants to go somewhere else? can he back out?

Feels like we have bottled it a bit.

Risky business, just like asking Castillo to do a trial.

Surely that has to have a future-fee already agreed, with us having first option (I think Wigan did the same with Valencia).

If not then that is shocking. My estimation of our negotiating powers dropped significantly over the Bentley sell-on clause saga...this would just rub salt in the wounds if it was a regular loan deal.

Not sure why everyone is so worried:

I guess will be that he will come over in the next few days and

1) If he looks the part we will sign him immediately after he beds in.

2) Or if we do have exclusivity of first refusal we will keep him on loan until the end of the season to make a decision.

I don't think anyone can fault Ince for not falling over himself to outright buy a player who he has only ever seen on a few DVDs. It would be of a Souness level of crack-magic to commit millions to a player who you have only seen the career highlights of.

Anyhow, great to see the ball rolling. That the transfer is a loan initially may mean we can commit the money for Castillo too without balling our chances for signing a rightback.

I cannot see anything in this Andrews business as we need the money for other things.

Im more or less certain that if the loan is in the bag then JW will of already negotiated our future fee - he has done that many times.

3 months time - if he's proving good enough, get him signed up. Makes good business sense for Rovers, they may have some concerns over his size and strength, might be the reason we havent committed £4m just yet?!?!?

IF they take a loan deal with pre=agreed fees, we do the biz right now.

Bentley came on a one year loan deal and we bagged him in January- simple.

Chill (e)

Here's hoping Sky have got it right for once.

PS, just listen to Hughesy- he got there before me

Im more or less certain that if the loan is in the bag then JW will of already negotiated our future fee - he has done that many times.

3 months time - if he's proving good enough, get him signed up. Makes good business sense for Rovers, they may have some concerns over his size and strength, might be the reason we havent committed £4m just yet?!?!?

If its pre-agreed fees and first refusal, then fair call. If its just a pre-agreed fee, then again Spurs or Liverpool could come in with the same fee and he might see them as having better prospects...

hopefully nothing turns up on the official site yet, as rovers would be crzy to take him on a loan and risk losing him in the summer. just pay them what they demand and give him a 4 year contract and were all happy

also we face stiff competition from andrews from other clubs, :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3834864,00.html

I think Nickos information is top class - and i dont doubt the guy one bit. He has given us so much information prior to it happening. Keep up the good work mate!

yeh keep the good work up nicko, we appriciate your contributions on keeping us up to date on what is going on behind the scenes, and keep the 11pm excitment going, it keeps us going for the day ^_^

The loan deal will be acceptable only if we have first priority to buy him after the loan spell has ended!

Some of the clips ive seen of this kid are amazing. Glad Ince is looking at these types of players, something Sparky didn't do!

Hope he does sign, that will shut up a few of the "Ince Haters"!!

Nicko you have any info on the loan deal?

Another thing would you class Carlos as a "rip-snorter" :lol:

The loan deal will be acceptable only if we have first priority to buy him after the loan spell has ended!

Some of the clips ive seen of this kid are amazing. Glad Ince is looking at these types of players, something Sparky didn't do!

Hope he does sign, that will shut up a few of the "Ince Haters"!!

Nicko you have any info on the loan deal?

Another thing would you class Carlos as a "rip-snorter" :lol:

yeh but it would be pointless for us to have 1st priority over him, what if one of the top 4 come 4 him then we know theres only one place hes going :rolleyes:

yeh but it would be pointless for us to have 1st priority over him, what if one of the top 4 come 4 him then we know theres only one place hes going :rolleyes:

We would have a deal in place to sign him at any point during the loan for the fee agreed and hopefully the players terms would be agreed. It wouldn't matter what other clubs did, similar terms to the Bentley deal.

You are assuming that this guy is going to be a world beater. More than likely it will take him a while to settle in to the english football style and tempo, he may come stronger towards the end of the season but i doubt he'll be a top star from day 1, he's not exactly at a big club. I would think rovers are using this as a very long trial on a player they would of, if need be, have gambled £4m on.

Archived