SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Sign Chilean Superstar Carlos Villanueva

den

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might be something in this!

SANTIAGO, July 18 (Reuters) - Chile international midfielder Carlos Villanueva is to join English Premier League Blackburn Rovers, his club Audax Italiano said on Friday.

"The directors of Audax Italiano informed that this morning they reached a complete agreement with Blackburn Rovers for the transfer of Carlos Villanueva for the 2008/09 season," the club said on its website

Audax Italiano Official website

Interesting link there Den

I ran the blog page about Villanueva on that site through a translator and came up with this:

"The next Wednesday finally begins to materialize the dream of playing in Europe when a team of enrolling in the trip to Blackburn Rovers of England, his new football home, then that Audax Italiano agreement this morning with the club stipulates that British the loan for one year from poultry, with a purchase option after that period."

Ignoring the poultry crap from the translator this part of the text is interesting:

"stipulates that British the loan for one year from poultry, with a purchase option after that period"

So in other words a year long loan with the option to buy at the end of it?

Also found this which i assume is an interview with him about the deal:

How do you find yourself before the confirmation of the transfer?

I am happy because thank God I was given the opportunity to migrate again and I hope that this might not happen anything strange as what happened before going to Real Sociedad and thus can realize everything.

Do I look forward to this offer so then, after they failed what the Royal Society?

No. I thought that I would be six months, until the end of the Clausura tournament. The fact arrive at Blackburn makes me very happy. It is a great step in my career and I will try to do our best to make use of the purchase option.

You always expressed an interest in going to Spain to play because mentions that he could do to better your football How do you English football?

The truth is like the same thing. The idea was to go to Europe and the Premier league championships is one of the most demanding and important in the world. I hope to take this opportunity and be able to stay many years in Europe.

What do you know of Blackburn Rovers, your new house?

It was all so fast that I have not had time to get to investigate Internet. What we know is that if a team from the English Premier League and that I will be the selected partner Paraguayan Roque Santa Cruz.

What are your goals in this new challenge?

My goal is to make use of the purchase option, stay there many years, playing steadily and make a name in England.

What you said your family about it?

I have not had much time to talk with my family. Everything has been very rapid. I have no time for goodbyes, since audax arrived to Santiago on Monday, but all that we organized on the occasion of my course transfer to Real Sociedad worth by this time.

Online translators aren't great but i think you can understand some of it.

That's a fantastic interview - he wants to prove himself so we buy him, then play with us for many years and make a name for himself in England. Excellent!

I know its from a translator which aren't 100% accurate, but i agree he sounds like he is looking forward to the move and wants to play well for us so he can make the deal permanent.

Yeah agree a very good interview. He looks like a small lad stepping into a big world. By the way the part where he said he was going to have to do some reasearch on the internet about Blackburn rovers made me laugh and think he really wants, someone who can bother to do his research, get to know the club is fantastic. Does anyone know when hell join rovers preseason i know sometinhg about this was mentioned in todays LET.

Sounds like a quality signing....just one possibly worrying quote taken from wikipedia!!

"Villanueva had quick players around him at full-back and in attack, and it brought the best out of his elegant passing."

At Rovers the quick players would be............ :blink:

Him...er...him and err.....him

Its going to be a gamble and i think it will take him some time to adapt to the league and being in a foreign country. You have to keep in mind its not just the football aspect he has to adapt to its the social differences, being a long way from home etc.

But i think its worth a gamble, the lad looks like he has the attributes and the potential to be very good.

On the plus side we have Roque here and possibly Castillo both south americans who can hopefully help him adapt a bit easier both on and off the field.

Carlos Villanueva tonight, Google search: Blackburn fans

Search results: Nicko's thread. Keith Andrews. "Ince! Pah! I wanted Sam Alladyce! Golf it is then!"

Carlos Villanueva tomorrow: It maybe a great mistake in my career and I will try to do our best to make use of the poultry option.

(I'm super excited about this signing, something to brag about- finally!)

Blackburns little own Messi! Fantastic.

Cant wait to see him in action. We have been looking for a playmaker for ages, and if we can get him - we have got one, and also a very good free-kick taker.

Also quite excited about this Castillo fella too. INCE - So far, so good!

Just seen this....

"The 22-year-old playmaker has been lighting up the Chilean league with his elegant passing and keen eye for goal, which has seen him find the net no less than 50 times in 125 appearances for his club."

Chilean to sign up

If we have got this kid on a loan deal with a fixed purchase option then that would be a superb piece of business by the board.

a) We get the chance to assess him over a season

B) It doesn't affect our current transfer budget

I hope he has a bit of pace!

On a sidenote I wonder if Chris Coleman has recomnmended this guy, Given that he was supposed to sign for Real Sociadad 6 months ago, it would tie in roughly with his stint as manager there.

Whilst the (potentially 2) South Americans could be super players and certainly more reasonably priced than a lot of the British dross being transferred for silly money, I do hope the next signing or 2 have some premier league experience (and I don't mean from 1995 Mr Fowler).

You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.”

Pablo Neruda (Chilean poet, diplomat and politician, Won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1971, 1904-1973)

And he is coming...

And so, to the sound of muffled hooves, the hordes are gathering.

We Are The Rovers

The last time Rovers fans were this excited about a midfield signing. I think it was possibly Morten wasn't it?!

I know we get linked to players we don't know allot about, players like Castilla, and you think, is he going to be good enough...

But reading about this Carlos chap, and seeing his videos, you cant help but feel genuinely thrilled he's coming!

I cant help that Ince has hit the jackpot with this one...

He is doing exactly the same thing with the kitty if all the rumours are true.

He's bringing Castilla in for a closer look, trial wise, then will make a decision. He is then bringing in Carlos on a year long loan, so in theory, we could use the 4 million that we would normally spend on Carlos, use it in another area, and then use this coming seasons TV money to buy him next summer if he has a good season?!

Edit: Just to add, i can't be there at Ewood to greet him when he joins. So for gods sakes guys, to the people who can get down to Ewood, give him a good welcome. Make him fall in love with the club! Give him the welcome Santa Cruz got!

If true, and it's looking that way, then this is superb business by John Williams. A one year loan deal with an option to buy at the end of it. So it's up to the player to prove he's good enough. Not only that but even though we have the new Sky money Williams has again reinforced the fact that the "Walker Years" are well and truly over and negotiated that we pay him in chickens for the first twelve months. If he's any good I'm willing to chip in for some beans.

I have seen the video links on here and i agree villaueva looks sensational , i dont wanna sound like whinger , but 3.5m sound far too cheap . i really hope ince and his backroom staff have really done their homework on this guy

I have seen the video links on here and i agree villaueva looks sensational , i dont wanna sound like whinger , but 3.5m sound far too cheap . i really hope ince and his backroom staff have really done their homework on this guy

Go and have a chat with the guy whingeing about Rovers bringing him in on a loan instead of splashing the dosh immediately and sort out a compromise position between the two of you.

Archived