BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Sign Chilean Superstar Carlos Villanueva

den

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If true, and it's looking that way, then this is superb business by John Williams. A one year loan deal with an option to buy at the end of it.

The only potential problem with it is that if the guys obviously a class act he would then have the option to sign for someone else. But I suppose even if we bought him outright he could still be off after a year. So is football at the moment.

The only potential problem with it is that if the guys obviously a class act he would then have the option to sign for someone else.

Why? That would surely be the deal - we have him on loan (no doubt paying his club for the privilege) and then we get to have the first option to buy him - no one else. The fee would probably be agreed up front as well.

Why? That would surely be the deal - we have him on loan (no doubt paying his club for the privilege) and then we get to have the first option to buy him - no one else. The fee would probably be agreed up front as well.

Oh, right, if that's the case... Sweet then :)

Carlos Villanueva.

First we need to get rid of the nick name, Pineapple has to go, (new topic) perhaps once it has been made official by JW.

To me the type of players Ince needs, for thr type of football he has said we will play, are starting to emerge. (:excl: one)

Some one recently likened it to a Rolf Harris painting.

With a bit more tinkering, we could have the best side outside the top four, what the hell top two.

If we can get off to a flyer, in the pre-season games, (winning mentality) and hit the league running, top six is still there to be had.

Villanueva & Castillo have given me a great feeling of optimism. Who's next in the evolution of Inces's world.

It might Europe after all next season, and just maybe even in the champions league. :blush:

With a bit more tinkering, we could have the best side outside the top four, what the hell top two.

It might Europe after all next season, and just maybe even in the champions league. :blush:

Slow down there...

Very excited about this guy coming in but it's going to take much, much more than that to break the top 4.

Slow down there...

Very excited about this guy coming in but it's going to take much, much more than that to break the top 4.

Someone, has to show a bit of optimism on here.

It's like 15-20 new signings for the players, everyone has to prove a point, and keep proving it, or there warming the bench.

I don't think Ince will accept anything less than total commitment, and effort.

Goals galore, or should that be Pussy.

Its interesting.if we have carlos V and Castillo in midfield,with either bentley or a new right midfielder.and we can get in a right back(osorio) and we keep Fowler,and if friedel leaves and Robinson comes in,then we have a blend of experience and youth which is good for the progress of the team.

Someone, has to show a bit of optimism on here.

It's like 15-20 new signings for the players, everyone has to prove a point, and keep proving it, or there warming the bench.

I don't think Ince will accept anything less than total commitment, and effort.

Goals galore, or should that be Pussy.

There's optimism and there's plain foolish. I'm as excited about Villaneuva as I was disappointed by the potential signing of Andrews but if you set your hopes for getting into the Champions League then you're doomed for disappointment. Top 10 next season would be good, top 8 very good, top 6 would be exceptional.

There's optimism and there's plain foolish. I'm as excited about Villaneuva as I was disappointed by the potential signing of Andrews but if you set your hopes for getting into the Champions League then you're doomed for disappointment. Top 10 next season would be good, top 8 very good, top 6 would be exceptional.

OK, realist head on now.

Win the mickey mouse cup, semi's in the FA, :huh:

6th-8th league :rover:

Did I say realist.

Guest Kamy100

Guys we need to calm down. While it is exciting that Carlos appears to be on the verge of joining us and looks like a superb player, have to be cautious because of the nature of the Premier League, it is going to take time for him to settle in. Been talking to people I know in South America and there is no doubt that he is one of the rising stars of South American football. They also say that he is not a traditional midfielder, he mostly given a free role, if we get him I suspect that it will be Roque up front with this guy playing off him.

I still get this bad feeling that someone will come in with a late bid and pip us to the signing of this guy, but agree that it is exciting times and like the calibre/style of players that Ince is looking at.

I still get this bad feeling that someone will come in with a late bid and pip us to the signing of this guy, but agree that it is exciting times and like the calibre/style of players that Ince is looking at.

Yeah - Hughes. He seems to want to destroy us. In fact, I never thought that Hughes had any real feelings for our club.

In all honesty it is a bit unreasonable to expect footballers to have any affinity with Rovers (Dunn and Derbyshire aside of course!).

So the next best thing is to provide as good a working environment as possible,in that respect i think Rovers can rival any club in the league,which is probably one of the reasons why Friedel has stayed at Rovers for so long.

After being linked with a few nobodies of late, I was very sceptical when I heard this guys name. However, on the basis of these videos, I'd say he looks an absolutely cracking player with bags of skill, a real flair player. I am seriously excited about the prospect of him signing for us.

If I were Ince, I'd buy this guy on the basis of those videos!

Also, does anybody know if this is a loan move with the option of a permanent transfer at the end of it? I'd presume it were... Also, does anybody have any idea what that fee might be? Cheers guys.

Archived