BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spuds Report Man U And Liverpool

Sky are just reporting that Spuds have reported Man U and Liverpool for tapping up and I think well done spurs. Fergie spurts off about Madrid tapping up and then Man U go and say they expect to sign Berbatov and they haven't.

Spuds have said they gave no permission for Man U or Liverpool to speak to either Berbatov or Keane.

The comments from Levy are brilliant:-

Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players,"

This comes after a series of events, dating back to last summer, which have shown Manchester United to be in breach of Premier League (PL) rules. As a result, we have today made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Manchester United.

Benitez made similar comments in respect of Robbie recently and we made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Liverpool earlier this week.

The behaviour of both clubs has been disgraceful. We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar, respectively, and that they should refrain from pursuing the player. Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us, outside of PL rules of conduct.

Our subsequent position has been severely compromised by both clubs making their intentions widely known and indeed making contact with the players and their agents, without the club's permission.

I have absolutely no wish to sell either player and to date we have not accepted any offer for either. However, when a player's head is turned and their commitment is absent, particularly when they occupy key positions such as that of striker, they become a negative influence in a team dressing room in which they were once a positive addition and influence

Love to see how this one turns out :lol:

Sky Report

It might be good for us in a way in terms of Roque or Bentley. Spurs are looking like they have to sell if they want to buy anyone else, if they ###### of Man United and Liverpool they are eliminating the only clubs that have been interested in Berbatov or Keane.

Its going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

It might be good for us in a way in terms of Roque or Bentley. Spurs are looking like they have to sell if they want to buy anyone else, if they ###### of Man United and Liverpool they are eliminating the only clubs that have been interested in Berbatov or Keane.

Its going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

And haven't they been doing almost exactly the same with Bentley for ages. When does expressing an interest become tapping up? they haven't been as bad but there's clearly been pressure on the situation from Spurs before they made a proper bid. Nothing will happen with regards to Man U and Liverpool. It never does.

All I can think of is shoes and other feet. And something about pots and kettles...

Nothing serious will happen, it never does. Transfer rules don't seem to apply to some clubs. To be fair though I'd imagine it takes a lot less tapping up to convince someone to sign for United than it does Sunderland, especially when they've spent 18 months out of their 2 years at Spurs telling the press that you want a move.

Surely we can report Villa with regards to Brad?

They haven't been given permission to talk to him, we're not happy with them pursuing him, yet all of a sudden he's aware of a doubling of pay and extension of his contract if he goes?

Surely we can report Villa with regards to Brad?

They haven't been given permission to talk to him, we're not happy with them pursuing him, yet all of a sudden he's aware of a doubling of pay and extension of his contract if he goes?

I wonder if we would have a case as clearly Brad's head has been turned.

I know its just rumours, but there is the rumour going around about Randy Lerner possibly funding Brad's football schools after he hangs his gloves up. Doesn't Lerner have ties to Cleveland where Brad is from?

Not a good day for Manu :D:lol:

Something that seems to have been missed completely by the eyes of the media, Patrice Evra has been brought up on charges for what happened after the Chelsea game:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/Ne...ell_charged.htm

Edit: Hang on a moment! How comes Chelsea and Manu weren't brought up on charges of failing to control their players. What happened after the Chelsea vs United game was far wose then what happened with MGP. So why are they concentrating their Wrath on the player and coach, as apposed to the whole team as they did with us?!

This reference by Spurs shows just how disastrously the summer which started so brightly is going for the WHL club.

2008 started with two absolute coups- Woodgate and Modric being captured DESPITE offering lower wages and lower transfer fees than Newcastle.

However, the hubris has gone completely sour. They planned the rest of the summer like they were masters of the universe showing virtually every member of the squad bar about ten players that they were not required AND assuming they would effortlessly get £30m+ for Berbatov plus huge numbers for all their cast-offs whilst clicking their fingers and bringing in the likes of Bentley for under £12m.

The cry baby run to the EPL over tapping up shows they know that Man U can and will sweat Berb out of them for something like £20m of which £15m will be Manc IOUs of highly dubious value.

But the huge damage to the WHL psyche is the way Rafa only needed to click his fingers at Robbie Keane and he was all but out of the door immediately. This from Liverpool whom Spurs had targeted as the weak link in the Top 4 and believed they were certain to replace in the CL 2009/10.

The Spuds chickens are coming home to roost as they conduct a fire sale of players at 50% discount to purchase prices whose egos and confidence Ramos' brutally realistic assessments of their abilities has destroyed whilst Keane and Berbatov are massively disruptive on Spurs' Portuguese training camp if the Independent reports today are true.

There are worse positions to be in but when they have sold Keane, Berbatov, Bent, Robinson and the Sunderland 4, Spurs will have less than £60m (after agent and player cuts) to buy three forwards and a right winger. The big issue they will have is facing either busting the tightly controlled WHL wage structure or to go shopping in unorthodox places. My hunch is that the longer Rovers hang tough, the more likely Spurs are to be forced out of the Bentley chase by Rovers insisting on £17m cash.

My hunch is that the longer Rovers hang tough, the more likely Spurs are to be forced out of the Bentley chase by Rovers insisting on £17m cash.

As an outsider who is sick of "big clubs" treating my team like a doormat too, I hope you do stick out for £17m. Squeeze their balls until they squeal!

This reference by Spurs shows just how disastrously the summer which started so brightly is going for the WHL club.

2008 started with two absolute coups- Woodgate and Modric being captured DESPITE offering lower wages and lower transfer fees than Newcastle.

However, the hubris has gone completely sour. They planned the rest of the summer like they were masters of the universe showing virtually every member of the squad bar about ten players that they were not required AND assuming they would effortlessly get £30m+ for Berbatov plus huge numbers for all their cast-offs whilst clicking their fingers and bringing in the likes of Bentley for under £12m.

The cry baby run to the EPL over tapping up shows they know that Man U can and will sweat Berb out of them for something like £20m of which £15m will be Manc IOUs of highly dubious value.

But the huge damage to the WHL psyche is the way Rafa only needed to click his fingers at Robbie Keane and he was all but out of the door immediately. This from Liverpool whom Spurs had targeted as the weak link in the Top 4 and believed they were certain to replace in the CL 2009/10.

The Spuds chickens are coming home to roost as they conduct a fire sale of players at 50% discount to purchase prices whose egos and confidence Ramos' brutally realistic assessments of their abilities has destroyed whilst Keane and Berbatov are massively disruptive on Spurs' Portuguese training camp if the Independent reports today are true.

There are worse positions to be in but when they have sold Keane, Berbatov, Bent, Robinson and the Sunderland 4, Spurs will have less than £60m (after agent and player cuts) to buy three forwards and a right winger. The big issue they will have is facing either busting the tightly controlled WHL wage structure or to go shopping in unorthodox places. My hunch is that the longer Rovers hang tough, the more likely Spurs are to be forced out of the Bentley chase by Rovers insisting on £17m cash.

I think in Ramos the underachievers, clubbers, drinkers and womanisers have actually met someone who will see this through. Unfortunately the WHL faithful have there blind favourites and will ensure he gets a rough ride. Eventually I can see them becoming the next top 4 club if Ramos can put up with the rough ride in between now and getting there.

Of course when Spuds lose Berbatov and Keane they wont be using their army of fans in the media to unsettle RSC will they.

You can almost taste the irony in this. Who are bigger offenders than Spurs? You couldn't make it up.

i bet spurs have tapped up players in the past-they tapped up john bostock didnt they??

everyone does it in the game-okay it isnt nice when its your teams players, but everyone does it-i think spurs have some cheek moaning because no doubt they have tapped players up along the way...

Of course when Spuds lose Berbatov and Keane they wont be using their army of fans in the media to unsettle RSC will they.

TalkSport just had "Spurs Hour" (or was it two? it felt like it) with Graeme Roberts and some Spurs supporting presenting nobody. Roberts revealed some "exclusives" - Bentley will be off to Spurs for £15m ("Oh that's a fantastic deal for Spurs, Englands right winger for years to come" etc) . Berbatov to Man Utd for £25m. He also "revealed" that Spurs would be looking at David Villa by way of a replacement.

Good to see that someone close to Spurs, an ex-player and Captain, isn't making their interest known. The last thing anyone wants is for them to be accused of tapping players up. Which would never happen.

Anyway if Spurs get Bentley and Villa then that's their careers stalled for a bit.

Looks to me like both Berbatov and Keane will end up staying at Spurs next season. Can't see Fergie or Rafa wanting to deal with Spurs because of this report to the premier league.

Surely you can see that Spurs will try and use this as leverage to boost the prices of both players or maybe this is Levy's tactic to ensure the players are still with the club

Spurs can go **** themselves, every time the window opens they blanket the media with player transfers to see what they can stir up within other clubs.

Archived