BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tele's Rubbish

Bit bored of Top Gear now. I want Charlie Brooker back on BBC 4 please. There are some good shows on that channel, such as The twenties/thirties in colour, and a programme about Stax records that I watched tonight. There is also The Daily Show on More 4, which a former housemate introduced to me as well.

UFO tends to be on early afternoon on ITV 4 sometime.

The problem is that there are so many channels, there is a whole load of repeats/crap to fill the gaps so it feels like a desert of quality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a copy of an e-mail I've just sent to Channel 5:

Dear Channel 5,

Whilst your website said the above address is for quieries, and this is no such thing, I feel that this is as good a place as any to make my heartfelt request. Please can you start showing International King of Sports on Sunday afternoons once more. It has been approaching 5 or 6 years since it was on Channel 5, and it should be relaunched in order to rival the BBC's Olympic coverage. It would be a perfect antidote to the seemingly inevitable news that the winner of the 100m sprint has cynically taken a cocktail of drugs in order to boost performance, or the human rights abuses in China that paved the way for the stadiums to be built. International King of Sports had none of that negative atmosphere, just top sportsmen and women trying to run 100m backwards as fast as possible. You are proving that there is a market for such sporting contests as you have bought the rights for Superstars, despite the lukewarm reception that welcomed Johnny Vaguhan's efforts a few years ago on the BBC. Put it this way-Would you rather watch Kelly "I've won two gold medals" Holmes drone on about her previous achievements, or a grown man deliberatly trying to throw his face into a big crash mat? I know what my answer would be.

Bring the fun and brilliance back to Sunday afternoons and resurrect International King of Sports.

Yours Faithfully

Billy Castell

Quite like that.

I miss Scrapheap Challenge and International King of Sports on Sunday afternoons. And Ren and Stimpy.

BBC 4 has some good stuff, and UFO on ITV 4 is entertainingly dated.

I'd forgotten about International King of Sports. It was mint. International skids. Look here

I've got Virgin Media and between BBCs 1,2,4, BBC HD, Channel 4, More 4 and Dave always seem to have enough to watch that's interesting, though when alone I spend most of my time in Liberty City. B)

Just sat down to watch tele on a satuarday night-

BBC 1 its casulty- rubbish and should of been finished 10 years ago.

BBC 2 its have i got news for you-repeat and Blairs still Prime Minister

ITV 1- Foyles War- sounds like a long story of how people lived there lifes in the war.

4-Big Brother- Worse than wiping your bum with sandpaper

5-NCIS- Sounds like another version of CSI which is on after it.

Came on here to say whats on tele at the moment is awful and its not just been tonight, its been like this for ages.

Before anybody points out that you need to get Sky we've got it and its rubbish. We have Sky + infact and its only good for recording Police Camera Action.

Anybody else feel the same?

Sir you have my sympathy!

Unless you like watching soaps,crime drama`s,big brother or x factor type shows,then you might as well not bother watching tv.

If i watch 2 hours a week then it will have been a good week. :(

Tele is garbage... my women is watching the most offensive programme with a very offensive person on it. Goks Fashion thing with a very camp fella talking about clothes. This man ( and I am not even sure he is one) has teeth which are so whitend they look blue.

This is an hour or airtime that could be filled with sport or even just a picture of a brick wall.

Archived