BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Castillo Set To Join Blackburn Rovers!

Okay I'll break this down slowly..this really is nowhere near as big a deal as this amount of discussion suggests, but since it seems pretty hard to get a simple point across to you I'll persist..I do like a challenge.

So as well as being able to read so much into a throwaway interview, you excel at trying to be patronising. You are obviously a very talented individual. However, your attempts at putdowns are more than a tadge wasted on me. Save your fingers for typing something worthwhile.

My ex was a Brazilian lass.. its more of a cultural thing, its just the approach that they take.. In Brit speak he was basically saying he wants to do a damn fine good job for us, I dont think any of us in our right minds would expect the chap to stay on if he is world class, and Latin chaps tend to be allot more up front about it..

From my perspective at least the chap is confident enough to hope to use us as a springboard to bigger things, shows he at least feels he is going to make it in the big time :)

The best part is yet again we hear from people outside our club just how professional we are.. I am more than happy with our reputation in the league and this is another fine example, its just a shame there are not more clubs around like ours.. :)

Brazillian! :)

ex? :(

Only a Lancastrian could describe a latino girlfriend as a "lass". Well done!

Castillo obviously has no Rovers alliegience save any contract he might sign for us. It would be naive in the extreme to expect him to fall in love with the club and stay forever. If he gets his wish and a move to a "bigger" club then he's done a job for us and we'll probaly make a few quid.

Sadly, not Roy of the Rovers stuff but 21st century football.

So as well as being able to read so much into a throwaway interview, you excel at trying to be patronising. You are obviously a very talented individual. However, your attempts at putdowns are more than a tadge wasted on me. Save your fingers for typing something worthwhile.

I just responded with the same as what I got....if you'd actually quoted the substance of my post you will have got something worthwhile. Still...good to be selective isn't it?

Brazillian! :)

ex? :(

Only a Lancastrian could describe a latino girlfriend as a "lass". Well done!

Yeah and still cut up by it a year later.. long story that sounds almost too far fetched to tell but thats the story of my life.. annoying part is she is a footy fan (although a spuds fan) and not what anyone would call uggly lol..

Castillo obviously has no Rovers alliegience save any contract he might sign for us. It would be naive in the extreme to expect him to fall in love with the club and stay forever. If he gets his wish and a move to a "bigger" club then he's done a job for us and we'll probaly make a few quid.

Sadly, not Roy of the Rovers stuff but 21st century football.

But I have a feeling that they do end up loving the club, afterall we have had quite a few return, brilliant comments in most articles about our professionalism.. and hell despite a glowing history (as one of the most successful original clubs) except for winning the league once in the last 10 years, none of us could say we are a glamour club and frankly that just makes me a proud rover that we do so well despite the 21st century world around us!!

All I can say is I hope Jack is proud of what he has left.. he desrves it and I feel that in JW he left us with a brilliant legacy who has followed in Jacks way.

With Castillo and Villanueva signing, I reckon Vogel will be gone by January if he doesn't get a regular first team spot (and I suspect he won't).

Not sure about that Vogel he is a clever lad.. and like ooijer plays with his brain rather than set strengths.. I feel he may get a decent run in the team maybe even as the castle's partner in midfield.. just depends on how ince plays his team 4411, 442, 4132 or ? <shrug>

IMO, there is a positive side to all this.

Even if they do leave at the end of the loan periods, for bigger and better things.

Back in there home countries, rovers are now being watched, probably by many who have never even heard of us.

If fellow players see them move onto bigger things, after spending time with rovers, there is a fair chance that others would follow.

These two guys, may be the first south Americans, to play in the blue and white halves on loan, but it does not mean they will be the last.

If they can get us into a top 6 finish, who knows what will happen.

I'm not bothered with this really. Not seen anyone complain that he trated his current club just like he said he would ours, so it seems like some people are saying that it's fine to treat clubs like springboards, as long as it's not Rovers? ;) I would've preferred him to keep his trap shut, but his intentions would've been the same whether he had said anything or not.

The important thing is what Alejandro of the Second Castle (As one online translator put it) does on the pitch. If he plays well enough to have a CL club in England/Italy/Spain/Germany interested, then that means he's done well for us and that we'd most likely recoup the transfer fee, and then some.

I'm not bothered with this really. Not seen anyone complain that he trated his current club just like he said he would ours, so it seems like some people are saying that it's fine to treat clubs like springboards, as long as it's not Rovers? ;) I would've preferred him to keep his trap shut, but his intentions would've been the same whether he had said anything or not.

The important thing is what Alejandro of the Second Castle (As one online translator put it) does on the pitch. If he plays well enough to have a CL club in England/Italy/Spain/Germany interested, then that means he's done well for us and that we'd most likely recoup the transfer fee, and then some.

Quite true.

Better to have had tasted the sweet, than no sweet at all

Archived