BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Emerton Sign New Deal

Guest Kamy100

I'm glad he's signed a new contract because he will always put in a decent shift but I worry if he is the future on the right wing; he's very frustrating and lack of quality end-product will be highlighted even more as he's replacing Billy Bigtime.

Maybe Ince can turn him into a decent CM, he's got the athletic attributes for a decent box to box man.

thats great news he's a quality player but im worrying if he'll get in the team next season. with ince looking for a rightback where is he going to play?

This has to be a joke????? There can't be a player whose happy and wants to stay!! my only guess is he's added a 2.5 million release clause

bubble what are you on about cause people can be happy and want to stay. its just like any normal job, if u like it there you stay there. you dont say your happy then leave..

-_-

I'm happy that he's been given a new deal. He was very good at both right back and centre midfield last season and is very valuable to the squad. However, I hope to God that he isn't being lined up as next season's right midfielder!

The day I attend Brett Emertons' Testimonial a small part of me will die.

Thats a bit harsh. Definately amongst our top half a dozen players last term, versatile and always gives his all.

As good a servant as anyone in recent years.

We have had better talent at the club but it soon buggers off, and we have certainly had a lot lot worse.

My biggest disappointment over Emerton is that we have never really had a massive chant of Emerton, Emerton Emerton...like the Everton fans sing, but replacing the word Everton with Emerton. Never has a single song been so taylor made as this one.

Maybe if he played like Shearer or Benni then we would have. But then he would have buggered off by now. And his name would be different too. Which spoils all that.

I am also pleased that Emerton has resigned. I think his runs from right back supplementing the right wing are a real cutting edge weapon.

Also pleased with the support shown for him on the thread. Sometimes think there are too many glass half empty contributors

I think Brett Emerton is a good flip side the a common argument we get around here about signing players who ''may use us as a stepping stone etc.''

Emerton came to us as the next big thing, yet he doesn't strike me as having the personality/ambition of some other players, which stops him being able to make it to the next level which players of equal or even less ability have reached.

An interesting thought, would you rather an Emerton type player arrives and hits blistering top form for two years and is sold gor 500% profit or would you rather they meandered in and out of form, showing glipses but often fustrating and eventually turning into a makeshift right back for the best part of the decade?

Archived