BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans' Forum 22/7/08

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that Williams' attempts to deceive the support was an absolute disgrace. How he and his cronies had the brass-neck to claim that 'football is for fans' whilst knowing that the product would be inferior, and then bumping the price up by 10% anyway, is absolutely disgusting.

He is guilty of treating the supporters with contempt. So I'm going to treat him with contempt as well. <_<

And another pillock goes into the "clueless idiot" bin ...

I think that Williams' attempts to deceive the support was an absolute disgrace. How he and his cronies had the brass-neck to claim that 'football is for fans' whilst knowing that the product would be inferior, and then bumping the price up by 10% anyway, is absolutely disgusting.

He is guilty of treating the supporters with contempt. So I'm going to treat him with contempt as well. <_<

Has Vinjay found another target? :o

6. LED advertising screens have been installed along the "TV profile" i.e. along the Fraser Eagle touchline and up to the back of each goal.

Were spashing out the money now although only doing 3 sides we might of got it a bit cheaper. :D

6. LED advertising screens have been installed along the "TV profile" i.e. along the Fraser Eagle touchline and up to the back of each goal.

Well the "dodgy" advertising cynically aimed at Riverside ST holders has led me to develop an addiction for Rippleheads Ice cream and spend a fortune on clothes that are too small for me from a town centre boutique, not to mention listening to BBC Radio Lancashire until the early hours.

All this while fans in the other 3 ends are enjoying their Nike wear, and Carlsberg.

please put some trust in the Fans Forum. JW is the type of guy who will tell you a lot, however if you breach that confidence then the briefings will stop, JW has his heart and soul in Rovers as do the FF members and I do not expect the FF reps to tell us all that was discussed.

my real concern is the the drop in season ticker holders...can any one really see us pulling back those lost 2K ST holders in 4 weeks? We will be lucky to get another 20; this is not the fault of JW but the economic situation and the crap football that we have had to endure under Sparky last season.

my real concern is the the drop in season ticker holders...can any one really see us pulling back those lost 2K ST holders in 4 weeks? We will be lucky to get another 20; this is not the fault of JW but the economic situation and the crap football that we have had to endure under Sparky last season.

I too am concerned about the fans who might not renew, but would you expect the goings-on of the last couple of weeks will have encouraged fans to buy their tickets?

Can somebody explain,the last bit to me please.the bit about the club overseas? Thanks

One of our overseas fans (from the US) suggested having a club for overseas fans, with membership giving some benefits (a badge or scarf or whatever) so that they can feel more part of the club even though they cannot realistically get to Ewood. It was along the lines of something Arsenal do - he has a mate who belongs to theirs. We put it to the club and it sounds like they are keen to do something as soon as they have some time i.e. later this year.

One of our overseas fans (from the US) suggested having a club for overseas fans, with membership giving some benefits (a badge or scarf or whatever) so that they can feel more part of the club even though they cannot realistically get to Ewood. It was along the lines of something Arsenal do - he has a mate who belongs to theirs. We put it to the club and it sounds like they are keen to do something as soon as they have some time i.e. later this year.

I would join in a heartbeat. Wish Rovers could also host a friendly every season in the US, I am more than sure we would have sponsors falling all over themselves to pay for the flights.

please put some trust in the Fans Forum. JW is the type of guy who will tell you a lot, however if you breach that confidence then the briefings will stop, JW has his heart and soul in Rovers as do the FF members and I do not expect the FF reps to tell us all that was discussed.

Rev is right. JW comes along about once a year and talks about a wide range of issues - some are in the minutes (which Lee will be posting on the club website when he's back from Portugal on Tuesday). Some Rev has stated in his post above. Some others you will have to recognise that we can't make public in a Forum such as this. You will just have to buy me a few pints :lol: . In other meetings we rarely if ever talk about football matters

PB - don't be surprised if quite a few of the 2,000 do renew - certainly a lot more than 20. Every year a small but significant number only renew at the last minute. I doubt we will get to the 15K+ we had last year but I don't think we will be too far away. That will be for me pretty impressive given the economy, the management changes and subsequent uncertainty at the club during the close season and the hysterical whingeing of many of our newer members, notably on Nicko's thread.

Sorry lads I know its already been said but WHAT ARE YOU ON!!!!! JW is a stand up guy, his hearts white and his blood blue.

What did they have to say about my idea that they show games from rovers in the past, on the big screen, before the game?

Or failing that, they do interviews with ex-players.

Den that was raised, in accordance with your request, and is being forwarded to the appropriate person at Rovervision, Alan Yardley I think.

This 15,??? season ticket sales being quoted for last season, does it also include the half season ticket sales aswell if I remember rightly? I know the half season ticket sales weren't astronomical but they would be a decent chunk of the 2000 outstanding season tickets that the club are talking about. The old matches/player interviews on RoversTV on a matchday on the jumbotron and on the concourse would be a cracking idea and a potential money spinner for the club if the fans decide to get down to Ewood a bit earlier on a match day which should result in sales increases in the kiosks, here's hoping :rover:

This 15,??? season ticket sales being quoted for last season, does it also include the half season ticket sales aswell if I remember rightly? I know the half season ticket sales weren't astronomical but they would be a decent chunk of the 2000 outstanding season tickets that the club are talking about. The old matches/player interviews on RoversTV on a matchday on the jumbotron and on the concourse would be a cracking idea and a potential money spinner for the club if the fans decide to get down to Ewood a bit earlier on a match day which should result in sales increases in the kiosks, here's hoping :rover:

Good point, from memory I think the 15316 also included half season sales.

From memory, these aren't usually massive, (7-800 mark) but they go a lot better if we're in the top 6 at Christmas as opposed to bottom 6.!

15,316 included half st sales, which was just over 600 I believe.

Hopefully with more new ST holders (any indications how many?) and those that have been ST holders but havent renewed, we will have more walk on fans maybe?

Yeah thats what I was thinking/hoping there is a waryness going round with the regime change which may or may not have an affect on the renewals but as Rev said a good first half to the season can work wonders on the numbers applying for a half ST and if, as Incey has promised we will be playing attractive attacking football I would hedge my bets and say I wouldn't be at all surprised if we match or better last seasons numbers. One of my bugbears of the Hughesy era was the failure on many occasions were a large 'home support' had turned out (Bayern Leverkeusen being one) yet the football on show was lacking to say the least and on numerous occasions I came away from the ground feeling that opportunities were being missed to sell ourselves to potential future fans/revenue!

Here are some of the key points form the latest Fans' Forum, held on 22/7/08. If you wish to discuss any particular item, I suggest you use the relevant thread rather than post on here, otherwise it will get very cluttered. If there isn't one, start it!

7. The club were keen to follow up the Forum's proposal for a club for overseas fans (which came from a suggestion on here). As soon as the season ticket sales were complete, the club would develop a plan.

Thanks for bringing this forward. I was the one that brought it up. I know some clubs already have regional supporter organizations such as each of the big 4 have an American supporters club, etc. Definitely will be interested to see what they come up with.

Also, concerning the online shop, anyone know if there's an ability to get a points card for those of us that are only going to order online such as myself in America that can't walk in the store and physically get a card and thus a card number to enter to accumulate points. I'd definitely be interested in starting to accumulate some points to possibly use toward tickets when I eventually make it across the pond to Ewood.

15,316 included half st sales, which was just over 600 I believe.

Hopefully with more new ST holders (any indications how many?) and those that have been ST holders but havent renewed, we will have more walk on fans maybe?

Hughesy: Do you mind my asking? What's your fascination with our ST sales? You constantly ask about them and seem to know the number exactly....

I think the Fans Forum is fulfilling a useful function and all credit to them and JW for having mutual respect and confidence in going beyond the things which should be allowed in public during the meeting.

I find the briefings on here from only2garners informative and helpful.

Archived