BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans' Forum 22/7/08

From those minutes:

Firstly, would it be possible to show highlights of previous matches against the away team before games, particularly Rovers’ wins? .

That wasn't what I asked for at all. I asked whether the club could show highlights of games from yesteryear, not simply games against the particular club that we were playing on that day. There's over 100 years of BRFC history to go at. I also suggested that the club did interviews with ex-players.

Anyone on the FF sort that out please?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From those minutes:

Firstly, would it be possible to show highlights of previous matches against the away team before games, particularly Rovers’ wins? .

That wasn't what I asked for at all. I asked whether the club could show highlights of games from yesteryear, not simply games against the particular club that we were playing on that day. There's over 100 years of BRFC history to go at. I also suggested that the club did interviews with ex-players.

Apologies if we didn't represent your views properly Den. As the club have taken the idea away to think about, no decision has been made yet. I'll let Tom Finn know about the specific points you make so that he can consider everything together.

Apologies if we didn't represent your views properly Den. As the club have taken the idea away to think about, no decision has been made yet. I'll let Tom Finn know about the specific points you make so that he can consider everything together.

Thanks O2G. :)

From those minutes:

I asked whether the club could show highlights of games from yesteryear, not simply games against the particular club that we were playing on that day. There's over 100 years of BRFC history to go at. I also suggested that the club did interviews with ex-players.

That's a great idea den. I was watching a Youtube clip yesterday that someone had done which was excellent. Amongst other old footage was a game at Ewood against Burnley that Rovers won 3-1. The crowd scenes were superb, especially when Rovers notched in front of the Blackburn End and an overall crowd of 53,000. Games like that on the big screen would be fantastic.

From those minutes:

It was however what I suggested after reading your Idea Den, so thanks for putting it forward, a little bit of Psychological warfare during the warm up never hurts!

I think that Williams' attempts to deceive the support was an absolute disgrace. How he and his cronies had the brass-neck to claim that 'football is for fans' whilst knowing that the product would be inferior, and then bumping the price up by 10% anyway, is absolutely disgusting.

He is guilty of treating the supporters with contempt. So I'm going to treat him with contempt as well. <_<

Do I take it then that you are one of the missing 2,000 season ticket sales, or are you a hypocrite who only wants to come on here and vent your spleen?

If thats the case then I am sorry you should not be on this site. As you obviously do not have faith in a Chairman and Chief Executive Officer who has worked tirelessly for the benefit of the club and in my view whatever player sales/buys have been made and sanctioned by JW have always been astute.

Given the trustees quite obvioulsy want to distance themselves from the club finance has been a major problem and if you care enough about your club you'll do whatever you can to support it.

Can I suggest you join the band of true supporters or leave Ewood Park to those who truly believe in it and all the staff therein.

Don't wish to be rude, but is that all that was asked?

I would have thought there were far more pressing matters to discuss than season ticket sales so far.

We have lost our entire backroom staff and replaced them with mostly 4th division staff. We are in the process of selling two of our three best players, with mounting speculation over the third. Replacements so far? Robbie Fowler on trial, maybe Paul Robinson, a promisin but unknown Chilean (if he actually arrives, see Castillo) and lots of rumours about Keith Andrews.

I would have thought this represented an ideal opportunity to request assurances from the club that we are actually trying to progress from last year and are not embarking on a fund raising/cost cutting exercise.

The fact that season tickets are not doing aswell as expected is not the big story of the summer so far, it is just a symptom of the largely negative news that we have been getting and a lack of optimism for the coming season.

Have you no faith????

Ok, Mark Hughes (thanks Mark) left because we don't have mega millions to throw away i.e 25 million on Ronaldhino etc.

Most of the fans at this club are realistic enough to know that we will struggle to attract the Renaldo's of this world, however, when we can sign players the quality of Santa Cruz, Samba, and Warnock and also bring players through a fantastic academy set up i.e. Derbyshire to name but one, I don't see too much wrong.

By the same token I have no problem with Brad leaving (after all he is 37) and is rated as one of the top goalkeepers in the premiership. Let me ask the question... What did we do as a replacement? Oh yes, We replaced Brad with a top quality 41 capped England goalkeeper, 9 years Brads junior for a nett fee of 1 million pounds!!! Very bad business!

We have signed a South American, world class midfielder all be it on loan for the season with a view to purchase, yet again, bad business.

We plucked David Bentley from the doldrums at Arsenal and turned him into a reasonable midfield player. Signed for 500,000 and we are set to receive in the region of 15 - 17 million for his services to Spurs. Bad business!!!

It is no hidden secret that the club is seeking fresh blood to play in the right back position, but by all accounts Brett Emerton has moved up to be played at right wing, (Bentleys former spot, when he played in his true position) and was responsible for providing a superb goal.

I think somewhere in this message I am trying to point out that given the limited funds available to the manager and his backroom team, (a true fan has faith in the appointments of the board), I do believe that neither Paul Ince, new as he is to the club, or John Williams would ever sell us down the river. So at least give the new manager and the board particularly the Chief Exec a chance for the start of the new season. Or are you another of the 2,000 season ticket holders deserting the hallowed ground?

Have you no faith????

Ok, Mark Hughes (thanks Mark) left because we don't have mega millions to throw away i.e 25 million on Ronaldhino etc.

Most of the fans at this club are realistic enough to know that we will struggle to attract the Renaldo's of this world, however, when we can sign players the quality of Santa Cruz, Samba, and Warnock and also bring players through a fantastic academy set up i.e. Derbyshire to name but one, I don't see too much wrong.

By the same token I have no problem with Brad leaving (after all he is 37) and is rated as one of the top goalkeepers in the premiership. Let me ask the question... What did we do as a replacement? Oh yes, We replaced Brad with a top quality 41 capped England goalkeeper, 9 years Brads junior for a nett fee of 1 million pounds!!! Very bad business!

We have signed a South American, world class midfielder all be it on loan for the season with a view to purchase, yet again, bad business.

We plucked David Bentley from the doldrums at Arsenal and turned him into a reasonable midfield player. Signed for 500,000 and we are set to receive in the region of 15 - 17 million for his services to Spurs. Bad business!!!

It is no hidden secret that the club is seeking fresh blood to play in the right back position, but by all accounts Brett Emerton has moved up to be played at right wing, (Bentleys former spot, when he played in his true position) and was responsible for providing a superb goal.

I think somewhere in this message I am trying to point out that given the limited funds available to the manager and his backroom team, (a true fan has faith in the appointments of the board), I do believe that neither Paul Ince, new as he is to the club, or John Williams would ever sell us down the river. So at least give the new manager and the board particularly the Chief Exec a chance for the start of the new season. Or are you another of the 2,000 season ticket holders deserting the hallowed ground?

clappik5.gif

Archived