BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im delighted with the signing of Robbo. I remember that game against Croatia.was it not for him England would have been humiliated.english fans who gave him hell for that miss kick, must be ashamed of themselves. There was no danger, so neville shouldnt have sent that back pass, secondly if it wasnt for that bobble he would never have miss kicked. It happens to the best of keepers, and unfortunately keepers take the blame most of the time.lets get behind him, lets show the guy we appreciate the fact that he signed for us, and lets cheer him on, even if he makes a few mistakes. We dont want to do what spurs fans did, and thats jump on his back when he made a mistake.here's to a great next 5 years.europe here we come,Englands number 1 Englands number 1 Englands number 1

Although not a fan of Robinson I can only wish him well. He has a golden opportunity to regain his form and confidence and win back his international place. Certainly a five year contract should help restore his confidence and convince him that he has joined a club that believes in him.

Brad is a hard act to follow and has undoubtedly become the 'greatest' keeper in the club's history. His consistency, week in and week out, has been remarkable. I hope his last few years in the Premier League at Villa are hugely successful for him.

As I said, I have been a strong critic of Robinson but it is vital that even if he makes a mistake or two in his early matches, the crowd get behind him. Like Ince, he was not my first choice, but now he is a Rover is deserves our full support.

Robinson is as big of a fialure of a pleyer as you can get. Failed both his country and his club. We're giving him a chance - to fail and us.

And guess what will happen, my dear friends, if by some miracle he does indeed recapture his form and makes a save or two?

He'll be on Sunderland's door steps begging to be saved from our measly salary the second the next transfer window opens.

We're on a terminal lose-lose situation with whoever we sign.

i dont know how you could call him faiilure . yeh he's had some bad times but hasnt everyone one why isnt anyone remembering the quality saves he's made the things he has done and to be honest if your calling someone a failure before they have put your teams colours on it shows your not confident and if your not confindent in the team then i dont no why you support rovers.

just chher up and smile

:D

Two Spurs views:
The thing about the Spurs opinions that i'm taking the most for, is that all of them wish him well and are consoling themselves with the fact that he HAD to leave. They seem to be of the opinion that he is being made a scapegoat, and are happy with that in the hope that it may release the team from their poor form of last season.

The other point that i'm hearing quite regularly is that "the price is absolutely ridiculous, but i expect that thats going to be part of the Bentley deal".

If we either don't sell Bentley, or get the full 18m asking price after this, then we really have robbed them blind.

I've never really been one of Robinson's biggest fans, but he's clearly a decent enough keeper - There's no doubting that we've taken them to the cleaners on this one (unless an "off the table agreement" has been made alongside it)

Also nice to see that we are employing the same tactic pioneered by our appointment of Friedel; namely ensuring that our latest number 1 between the sticks has a head shaped and carefully styled like a tennis ball.

Apparently it assists the aerodynamics.

The thing about the Spurs opinions that i'm taking the most for, is that all of them wish him well and are consoling themselves with the fact that he HAD to leave. They seem to be of the opinion that he is being made a scapegoat, and are happy with that in the hope that it may release the team from their poor form of last season.

The other point that i'm hearing quite regularly is that "the price is absolutely ridiculous, but i expect that thats going to be part of the Bentley deal".

If we either don't sell Bentley, or get the full 18m asking price after this, then we really have robbed them blind.

I've never really been one of Robinson's biggest fans, but he's clearly a decent enough keeper - There's no doubting that we've taken them to the cleaners on this one (unless an "off the table agreement" has been made alongside it)

when you say the price is ridiculous do you mean its to high or not high enough

As in the Spurs fans i've spoken to think that the price should really be around six or seven, but they expect that to be a hidden deduction in the Bentley deal - That he'll go for around 14 because we've ahem "decided we had to let him go".

They can accept him going, they think the price is ridiculously low, but that it can only be so low because it is some sort of deal sweetner on further transfers.

Oh please don't call him that. Next thing is some wag will start referring to him as 3.14159.....Probably Theno! ;)

I thought you'd only rem that as 22 over 7 Fife! :P

Far too intellectual a connotation for our glorious leader though Fife. The only nickname that springs immedietely to mind re: Paul Ince is in comparison to an edible 'delicacy' which originated in Bury. ^_^

Far to intellectual a connotation for our glorious leader though Fife. The only nickname that springs immedietely to mind re: Paul Ince is in comparison to an edible 'delicacy' which originated in Bury. ^_^

:lol:

My two biggest concerns for the last couple of seasons have been how we'd replace Hughes and Friedel. I didn't expect we'd have to do both in one pre-season. We've replaced Friedel well - with an international keeper 9 years his junior.

I do not feel the same way about the blood sausage.

to be honest, I have been feeling down and out regarding BLackburn and a depressing summer, people thinking they are too big for Blackburn and wanting to move to lower league teams, makes you think what the point

at least this is a posivitive step, i really hope he hits some form, I still think we need a big signing (midfielder attacker) to say "yep we deserve to be in this league and top half" but i don;t expect it

I'm not too disappointed if it's true that Brad wanted to go for the final pay day. We were going to have to replace him eventually and it was a matter of when NOT if his form would start to wane. They tell all the good pros to quit at the top. Time will tell if Brad's Ewood career ended on the crest of the hill.

Regardless, we would only have been getting 1 may 2 years of of good years out of him only then to face a potential dearth of quality goalkeepers being available and having to pay through the nose. 3.5m for a keeper of Robbo's stature is not bad. It would be diffiicult for him to have a more horrendous year than last year so my confidence he will improve is high.

Whether he gets to Brad's levels is another matter but Brad spent a few years playing behind some dodgy defences under Souness and last year we were hardly stingy at the back. The amount of extra practice will vastly improve any goalkeeper as a player. I'm convinced Brad's outstanding WC2002 performance was as a result of it :lol:

Great signing in my opinion, gutted to lose Brad but very much softened the blow by signing Englands number one.

Ok the lad went thru a brief poor spell but that was purely a confidence thing, a move back North and the feeling of being wanted again will definately push Robo back to that England number 1 shirt.

I'm absolutely amazed at the reactions of some people but hey ho I guess each to thier own, lets face it how many England Internationals with over 40 caps would you ever expect Rovers to sign!

Welcome to Ewood Paul, looking forward to singing 'Englands number one' already and good luck to Brad you are a legend Sir!

Indeed.................. unless we have allowed Spurs one of our usual sort of "clauses" allowing Spurs a 97.85% cut of any future sale profits!.

also I hope people aren't preparing already the excuses for Robinson. He doesn't need time to settle in, he's a GK. He can either do the job or he cant. He isn't getting more than 3 games to prove himself for me.

Stick him on a calorie-limited diet, bang him full off caffine before each game and he'll be fine.

Tell him to keep away from Chris Samba & Ryan Nelsen.

It'll work out OK

also I hope people aren't preparing already the excuses for Robinson. He doesn't need time to settle in, he's a GK. He can either do the job or he cant. He isn't getting more than 3 games to prove himself for me.

As many as 3?

I thought youd already condemned him?

Robinson is as big of a fialure of a pleyer as you can get. Failed both his country and his club. We're giving him a chance - to fail and us.

And guess what will happen, my dear friends, if by some miracle he does indeed recapture his form and makes a save or two?

He'll be on Sunderland's door steps begging to be saved from our measly salary the second the next transfer window opens.

We're on a terminal lose-lose situation with whoever we sign.

So to summarise, Robinson is the worst keeper we've had since at least Fettis, Ince is probably the worst Rovers manager ever and we'll be relegated next week. Can someone remind me how we have been doing in the 2008/9 season so far?

So to summarise, Robinson is the worst keeper we've had since at least Fettis, Ince is probably the worst Rovers manager ever and we'll be relegated next week. Can someone remind me how we have been doing in the 2008/9 season so far?

I don't blame Ince for anything. And so far all our best or supposedly most loyal players have stated they want to leave us, some of them have done so and others are waiting on the door.

I am actually happy with this signing, although sad to see Big Brad leave, i am contented that i actually met him last home game of the season.Nice bloke and wish him the all the best.

Come on Robbo, you shining light

I think he is a good signing...I dont think at this moment he is as good as Friedel but that will tip over soon enough to his favor...

Potentially world class, but he has always been since that Champions League season with Leeds against Milan and Barcelona!

Makes some spectacular saves but prone to stupid errors and I believe the media destroyed him last season...

Has alot to prove and back in the North West, so I dont see any reason why he wont be a success. Definitely one of the five-seven best in the league...

Finally, how come there has been no comment from the man himself on his move here?

I think he is a good signing...I dont think at this moment he is as good as Friedel but that will tip over soon enough to his favor...

Potentially world class, but he has always been since that Champions League season with Leeds against Milan and Barcelona!

Makes some spectacular saves but prone to stupid errors and I believe the media destroyed him last season...

Has alot to prove and back in the North West, so I dont see any reason why he wont be a success. Definitely one of the five-seven best in the league...

Finally, how come there has been no comment from the man himself on his move here?

Archived