BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

I think he is a good signing...I dont think at this moment he is as good as Friedel but that will tip over soon enough to his favor...

Potentially world class, but he has always been since that Champions League season with Leeds against Milan and Barcelona!

Makes some spectacular saves but prone to stupid errors and I believe the media destroyed him last season...

If thats the case I would prefer he didnt ever play for England again. The english media are far too tough on england players/management and its not just the media, i feel its a small section of the england support too.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If thats the case I would prefer he didnt ever play for England again. The english media are far too tough on england players/management and its not just the media, i feel its a small section of the england support too.

I agree, it all comes down to that game in Zagreb where to be fair Robinson didn't do a lot wrong for that first goal the ball just bobbled over his foot. was just something that happens unfortunately!

I agree, it all comes down to that game in Zagreb where to be fair Robinson didn't do a lot wrong for that first goal the ball just bobbled over his foot. was just something that happens unfortunately!

He was badly at fault for the other goal though.

For 3.5 million, this has to be classed as a great signing.

England international,

Champions League and UEFA cup experience,

Its sad that Brad has left but we all new it was going tp happen within the next couple of years. 2.75 million for a 37 year old is a bargain.

Farewell Brad and thankyou.

Finally, how come there has been no comment from the man himself on his move here?

Probably the LET will have the exclusive interview with him which hopefully we will get to see soon - probably monday or tuesday

2.75 million for a 37 year old is a bargain.

People keep saying this, and maybe it is a good fee for a 37 year old.

But what does that even mean?! We wouldnt have accepted it if he left for £1.5 million...what does that money even buy these days? If it leads to us being two or three positions lower then it means that extra money we got will have totally been negated AND we would be more likely to lose our best players, not finish in Europe etc etc.

And while Robinson may be a better option two or three years down the line, you'd be hard pressed to suggest he won't be inferior to Brad next season.

and theres nothing to say Brad might have a mare and regret his move is there...

There's nothing to say that, but when it comes to making these decisions you have to pick the most likely scenario. Here, with Brad being one of the very best last season and Robinson being dropped by his club, its pretty damn obvious what that is...at least for next season anyway.

We were going to have to replace Brad at some time, but I didn't imagine it would be now. Robinson isn't as good as Friedal and has been suffering from a lack of confidence for some time. He wouldn't have been my first choice replacement, I would have prefered someone like Stipe Pletikosa. But hopefully he can get back to the form he showed a few seasons ago, which made him England's number one.

Was Robbie Fowler not Ince's first signing, or are we sweeping that howler under the rug? Anyway, Robinson is a big name (albeit has suffered bad form recently) so it is encouraging to see Ince can attract the well known but him being signed as a replacement to the outgoing Friedel clouds it over slightly. I'm sure we're all disappointed to see Friedel leave and I'm disappointed that people on here say it was his choice for the money - I'd like to believe he left seeking a final shot at qualifying for the Champions League before he retires.

No, he wasn't. Hasn't even signed yet. Might not sign at all. It's a trial, but it's getting treated like the end of the world.

Ince's comment in the article on the Robinson signing on rovers.co.uk seems to imply Fowler is a Blackburn player: "Robbie Fowler is here to prove people that he can score goals in the Premier League". Sounds like Ince at least considers him to be a Blackburn player already.

We were going to have to replace Brad at some time, but I didn't imagine it would be now. Robinson isn't as good as Friedal and has been suffering from a lack of confidence for some time. He wouldn't have been my first choice replacement, I would have prefered someone like Stipe Pletikosa. But hopefully he can get back to the form he showed a few seasons ago, which made him England's number one.

true but name some realistic names who have premier league experience that are as good as brad and that would want to come to rovers. so how can you replace someone one with someone better when when the person you have replaced is one of the best!!

Looking forward to seeing him on the pitch.. good signing and at that price a fair old bargain..

If you ignore the random gossip I really rate our deals so far..

Carlos: 500K for a 1year loan with option to buy (@3.5m).. no risk as far as I can see, established, young exciting international who was his countries footballer of the year

Brad: 2.75m for a 37yr old good business and I notice he only left AFTER robinson signed

Robinsson: Its not often an international keeper becomes available (who would be available when Brad would of eventually left?).. to nab him for 3m with 0.5m in extras is a bargain

Fowler: Little risk unless we put him on a contract, one thing to note was Warnocks comments, that fowler was always there to help out the youngsters.. maybe thats what Ince wants from him to help the likes of Matty and Co

Bentley: Want away player but we have not budged on our valuation yet

Naturally it could all go wrong in the next few weeks.. but the fact is based on what has gone so far I have a more positive outlook..

Rovers official.

"Brad was an excellent goalkeeper and he did an excellent job for this club and I'm sure he is well respected here, but I'm not coming here as Brad Friedel's replacement, I'm coming here as Paul Robinson.

"I'm coming here to show the Blackburn fans, the Blackburn people what I can do."

Good luck to him. [and that isn't a sarcastic comment].

Rovers official.

"Brad was an excellent goalkeeper and he did an excellent job for this club and I'm sure he is well respected here, but I'm not coming here as Brad Friedel's replacement, I'm coming here as Paul Robinson.

"I'm coming here to show the Blackburn fans, the Blackburn people what I can do."

Good luck to him. [and that isn't a sarcastic comment].

Every Rovers fan i've spoken to are really pleased that Paul Robinson has come to the club which is very good, but they seem far from pleased about Robbie Fowler.

Rovers official.

That's nice, Paul, but that is exactly what I am afraid of.

Archived