BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

I really like what Robbo has been saying about his move, his ambitions and Rovers. It's really exactly what you want to hear at this stage. Now I'm not naive enough to believe everything a footballer says, we've seen all too often that they can change their tune in a heartbeat. However I tend to lend more credibility to Paul than I usually would other footballers. He's had highs (Playing in the WC, being first choice keeper for a top 10 (On paper anyway) international team etc), but he's also had some real lows in the past year, having seen how easy it is to lose all that. I think that if we can help him regain his confidence, and make him feel at home here, that he will appreciate what it is he's got here.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, the best thing he can do now, in no particular order is.

Keep his gob shut.

No press interviews.

Lose some weight. :D

Train like his life depends on it.

Prove to date he's been having a laugh. :lol:

Then we judge him on his Rovers performances, and not his previous.

2.5m for a 37 year old keeper, wish we bought him! Oh hang on a minute........we really could have paid him more. Robbo's in good form just in time for the new season! No wait, thats wrong....its all wrong. All this garbage spouted about what great business this was, does no one remember richard wright, if the new "young" keeps is terrible you end up spending a forune to buy a better one. the defence having confidence in the keeper is now a thing of the past for us!!!!!! :angry2:

Robbo's fine. Don't forget he hasn't had much of a pre-season training wise.

I'm sure he would have been training at spurs prior, but he has missed games especially towrds the tail end of last year with him being dropped.

He also has a new back line to contend with who at the same time have to get used to his way and commands.

He'll be fine, eventually.

Agreed, give the lad a chance, all keepers need training, a half decent relationship with his back 4, games and confidence.

He's probably lacking all aspects currently, later on this season all the doubters will be eating their words!

How can you blame Robbo for the goals conceded? Was he the only player on the field.a goalkeeper can only do so much.he needs to feel confident about the players in front of him.

How can you blame Robbo for the goals conceded? Was he the only player on the field.a goalkeeper can only do so much.he needs to feel confident about the players in front of him.

Brad Friedel very rarely had a decent defense in front of him. We counted on him to put out miracle after miracle each game. Now that we have no one to do that, we see the results.

And yes I saw the goals. Friedel would have saved at least 2-3 of those.

Brad Friedel very rarely had a decent defense in front of him. We counted on him to put out miracle after miracle each game. Now that we have no one to do that, we see the results.

And yes I saw the goals. Friedel would have saved at least 2-3 of those.

Just like the FOUR he didn't save against Coventry or Birmingham last season!

You can't say for sure that he could have saved any. He saved a penalty yesterday but was at fault for the goal. It looked like he was directing traffic flapping at the ball and trying to get back to the goal.

Give the lad a chance!

Archived