BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barack Obama

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying the man isn't smart, but he isn't the messiah that many make him out to be. He has still failed to put forward many of his policies and he has so far managed to survive mainly by saying "hope", "change" and "yes we can" a lot. He's played the system well, no doubt about it, but America electing him would show them to be just as stupid as when they elected Bush. I'm sure that he would do a much better job than Bush, but no one should get so far on catchphrases and being young and different.

This argument that Obama's not hot on policy is confusing. His website and non-stump speeches are, naturally, chock full of details. To claim that America electing him would be stupid, when placing him next to the dinosaur that is John McCain, is strange.

You seem to infer that this election is somehow an anomaly and all past elections have been contests between weighty, austere political veterans with little to no charm but plenty of dusty, policy-heavy rhetoric (a charge levelled at Obama when the Democratic race was still Hillary's to lose). Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, Carter and even Dubya were all elected based on their freshness and ability to stand apart from the status quo. The fact of the matter is that Americans approach general elections differently. Character, charisma and the ability to inspire will always be decisive factors. Obama isn't the first charming person in elected office. Nor will he be the last.

What a pratt that Jesus-pusher is. Whatever he is, that man is not a Christian.

Well at least he's not advocating violence in pursuit of his vision of Christianity .

There are far worse religious fundamentalists out there , Philip . They make this bloke look like a lamb .........best not mention who they are - I wouldn't want to upset the fascist apologists :unsure:

I'm not saying the man isn't smart, but he isn't the messiah that many make him out to be. He has still failed to put forward many of his policies and he has so far managed to survive mainly by saying "hope", "change" and "yes we can" a lot. He's played the system well, no doubt about it, but America electing him would show them to be just as stupid as when they elected Bush. I'm sure that he would do a much better job than Bush, but no one should get so far on catchphrases and being young and different.

The same can be said for David Cameron, but it won't prevent him from leading the Tories to a landslide victory in 2010.

Obama will be elected. He might only be President for a few weeks, but he'll be elected nontheless. It will only take one racist loonball to get the job done.

There could be trouble ahead...

The same can be said for David Cameron, but it won't prevent him from leading the Tories to a landslide victory in 2010.

Obama will be elected. He might only be President for a few weeks, but he'll be elected nontheless. It will only take one racist loonball to get the job done.

Racist loonball. :rolleyes:

You underestimate the military's desire to win in Iraq my friend.

Two things will happen,

1) Obama will radically change his view on Middle Eastern Policy and win the election.

2) Obama will not and loose by a "small" amount in the Electoral College, possibly New Hampshire, but that has been used before, look for a western state this time.

If he was smart he'd get a Mexican VP, either that or Bush. No one would ever assassinate him then.

:lol:

Or that gay bishop. Or the Governator, which would create an interesting constitutional dilemma. Would Obama create a US version of the NHS?

I also believe that Obama would become all 'patriotic' and forget to withdraw from Iraq, support Israel without question or hesitation etc. thus following the tried and trusted Middle East policy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not seen the latest polls, but Obama has had a lead in virtually all of the polls the entire time. Having said that, when you hear poll experts talk they say that the way Obama is leading indicates that come election time it will be too close to call.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Dems had a remarkably gaff free week last week.

Michael Palin looks like a joke waiting to happen for the McCain campaign though. As an ex-beauty queen , there's got to be some phoowar stuff up on the internet sometime soon.

Obama played it safe with his nomination for VP. McCain on the other hand did exactly what he's been ragging Obama about and picked a candidate who has sack all experience with international politics; the governor of Alaska. The M65 corridor serves more people than she governs. I can't work out why he's done it; maybe for something else to look at on the road.

The choice of Biden is excellent. The selection Palin on the other hand is a very cynical attempt to snare Hillary supporters still ###### off that the Dems weren't mad enough to give her the gig. Obama looked the real deal on Thursday but frankly I'll believe his election when I see it.

I think Obama made the "safe" choice with Biden, which I disagree with, considering the point of his candidacy is that he isn't the normal candidate. Meanwhile, I think McCain made the risky choice (maverick younger politician) that I wish Obama had made.

From what I can make out McCain picked the lumberjack because she's very conservative, which will appeal to gun-toting anti abortion types. And Biden got in because he knows a lot about foreign policy apparently. And he wouldn't be standing at his side looking like he is plotting an asassination attempt, unlike Hillary. That Edwards geezer must be getting bored now. He was 2004's 'Obama', was put forward as a potential VP, and again he doesn't get the call.

Who'd you have as Obama's VP American?

P.S. I'm going to say McCain will win with a slim majority. Obama will get people happy, and then they'll vote Republican.

Biden was my choice after the Edward affair ruined all chances of him going in for VP. I think McCain made a huge error, as speedie pointed out, picking someone with little to no experience as his VP when one his biggest talking points has been Obama's lack thereof. Everyone knows why he did it; to get the Hilliary fencesitters and to make his election historical if or when he wins. Quite impressed with Obama's speech to end the DNC, hopeing to hear a solid rebuttal and speech at the RNC. This will be a close one.

Let's hope there are no tricks and cons like the altering of voter registration in 2000. I'd want a good clean contest. It may happen now Karl Rove has gone. Didn't know about Edwards' shagging about. No chance of a comeback then. Who is Richardson? Another question for you, can anyone be the VP? Or does it have to be a Senator or state governor? And here's something to consider, if the rules were changed about nationality, could we have seen President Schwarzenegger?

McCain has balls up on one score. Now he can't talk about Obama's lack of experience, as he can reply 'well if you choke on a Werther's Original or fall out of the bath the new President will have less experience than me. And what experience she has will be in governing mooses and a state with the population of an average Man Utd match.'

Archived