BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pennant

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when performing for birmingham jermaine pennant earned himself a move to liverpool-a top 4 club who regular appear in champs league..

when performing for blackburn david bentley moved to tottenham-a team who dont even play in champs league..

david bentley is a top footballer, but there must be a reason why pennant got a move to liverpool and bentley only to tottenham..

Yeah about ten million or so reasons...

Fact is that if Bentley had been available for 6 million like Pennant then he would not have gone to Liverpool anyway....as United and Chelsea would have both been after him. I am not the biggest of Bentley on here but even so he is worth far, far more than Pennant at the present time on merit.

I can't think of many players out there that we could lure to the club that are available and better than Pennant. He can beat a man, has a bit of pace and a good cross on him. He'd be a great asset to the first team. It's just a shame that he's such a contemptable human being. I suppose beggars can't be choosers though.

Eh Shirley, it's all gone quiet since the Arse made a move for Alonso?

You at home thinking how good Rigters is?

If we had only made our move on Saturday, we'd have beaten Arsenal to the punch and would be buying Alonso shirts by the truckload today.

I don't remember when he's done badly for Liverpool. 3/4ish million and he'd be a great signing for me.

I'm far from being a Pennant fan, but for £3-4 million i'd be tempted to take a look at him if i was Ince.

The problem is Rafa has his own valuation for players that is usually way overpriced. I can see Rotation Rafa looking to try and recoup nearly all over the fee they paid Birmingham for Pennant's services.

If they want more than £4 million we should look elsewhere.

Ince has said we have reid and emo who can play there so I don't think there will be a big rush to sign anew one, we'll bide our time and get the right one. Even if it takes till January it would give him and his scouts some time to find quality for an acceptable price.

I'm happy to wait for the right player if need be.

Ince has said we have reid and emo who can play there so I don't think there will be a big rush to sign anew one, we'll bide our time and get the right one. Even if it takes till January it would give him and his scouts some time to find quality for an acceptable price.

I'm happy to wait for the right player if need be.

Can't help but think that is just part of the transfer strategy. I wouldn't be surprised if we have approached another club for someone, and been given a ridiculous price. Putting out a message that we have cover makes us look less desperate to replace Bentley - and hopefully less likely to be taken for an over the top fee. Can't help but feel that it is Pennant we are after - and are just waiting for Rafa to see sense over the fee.

I think it's part of the transfer strategy, but I also think Ince is going out of his way to say nice things about everyone in the squad. He obviously wants an entirely fresh slate and wants the likes of Reid, Dunn, Zurab, Derbyshire and Mokoena to know that their place in the team is there for them to win.

TBH I think he may look abroad, Rafa seems to think all his players are worth mini fortunes, even if he doesn't rate him. I do wonder what he puts in his tea at times, he may however still be adjusting to life without his Siesta.

Ince will get the sitter in first its the most important part of the jigsaw at the moment it will also give him time to make the right choice for RW if emerton doesn't shine. We have to get pace in somewhere possibly even in two of the attacking roles. I do wonder how much Pennant gets at pool though, surely he's on quite a bit, I wouldn't give him much more than 20K plus bonuses, he'd want at least 4 years so even at 5M it adds up to quite a bit. Emerton will get his chance he likes playing there give him the first 3 games and then see.

Archived