BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pennant

Larsson would be no better and given a straight choice between the two I'd rather have Pennant, he has some pace at least. As a team we are slow, The right wing role is the perfect oppurtunity to inject some.

Lennon stands above both of these as he is electric pace wise, but again he floats my boat as much as a naked 20 stone belly dancer!!

We will have to go abroad to replace Bentley, who though is a different matter!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Pennant fan. After long term injury last season, he looked refreshed and sharp towards the end of the campaign. He's the type of player we don't have at Rovers. He goes past people quite easily and is capable of a decent cross.....something which Lennon can be criticised about....

£3m is a bargain...!!! -_-

I'm a Pennant fan. After long term injury last season, he looked refreshed and sharp towards the end of the campaign. He's the type of player we don't have at Rovers. He goes past people quite easily and is capable of a decent cross.....something which Lennon can be criticised about....

£3m is a bargain...!!! -_-

Hit the nail on the head there Sparky Marky. Our midfield is full of workhorses, we need some pace. Has always impressed when given a run in the side anywhere. As for his attitude and off field problems, that would be a great opportunity for Ince to show us his man management skills.

Friedel out, Robinson in.

Bentley out, Pennant in.

Seems like we are doing a brilliant job at weakening our starting XI.

If Bentley goes for £17-18m and Pennant comes in for £3-4m I'd be relatively happy with that. That leaves a lot of money to improve several areas of the team.

If Bentley goes for £17-18m and Pennant comes in for £3-4m I'd be relatively happy with that. That leaves a lot of money to improve several areas of the team.

Remember Arsenal have a sell on clause. We could end up with just £10 million from the sale, minus £3 million for Pennant = £7 million. Though theres talk in the media that Liverpool want £6 million. £4 million won't buy a lot.

Perhaps look to Europe?

Can't think of many names and its not my job, but i reckon there would be some better wingers in Europe for a cheaper price.

Why aren't you working as a scout?

Do you not think bringing in Villaneuva is a risk, in that he might not adapt to the Premiership and continuing to buy players from Europe might not be a good idea?

He might be after somebody who he KNOWS can cope with the Premiership

Do you not think bringing in Villaneuva is a risk, in that he might not adapt to the Premiership and continuing to buy players from Europe might not be a good idea?

Of course he is a risk every player you buy can be.

I don't rate Pennant, Lennon or SWP and wouldn't like to see any of them come to this club. I'm sure in Europe we can find someone who is as good or better at a cheaper price.

I'm sure in Europe we can find someone who is as good or better at a cheaper price.

Such as?

Robinson in 3.5m Friedel out 2.75m

Bentley out 17m Pennant in 4m

would represent two pieces of pretty sensational business imo, the best available replacements with a large chunk left over to strengthen the rest of the side.

Just a shame about the bloody sell on clause (if it exists)

Such as?

Clearly not my Job.

Robinson in 3.5m Friedel out 2.75m

Bentley out 17m Pennant in 4m

In my opinion on paper we look weaker with those deals.

with a large chunk left over to strengthen the rest of the side.

Just a shame about the bloody sell on clause (if it exists)

We don't know how much money we will have to spend after the clause, we could end up with far less than we think. Pennant according to the press will more than likely cost £6 million.

I don't rate Pennant, Lennon or SWP and wouldn't like to see any of them come to this club.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ok i'll bite.

You rate Pennant, Lennon or SWP?

If so :lol:

The standard of debate on this board plunges even further. Wake me up when you're all back in school.

Pennant - Rubbish, don't waste 3m taking a risk. He won't get any better.

Lennon - £3m weellll okay if you insist. He has family up here and will improve.

SWP - non starter - he's off to Pompey on very high wages. Not worth the money.

Spend the whole £10m on someone proper and stop penny pinching.

Pennant - Rubbish, don't waste 3m taking a risk. He won't get any better.

Lennon - £3m weellll okay if you insist. He has family up here and will improve.

SWP - non starter - he's off to Pompey on very high wages. Not worth the money.

Spend the whole £10m on someone proper and stop penny pinching.

Who do you suggest?

I don't think that these 3 are just any premiership players that come to mind...they've all played for england, probably more times than Bentley. All three offer something that Rovers just don't have at the moment. Pace and trickery. I'd be pleased with any of these 3.....Seems that Harry knows a player and SWP is going there...is he not worthy of a place at Rovers? ;)

Archived