BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pennant

Schweinsteiger - I think he's be less than £10M and is top grade premiership material - fit, powerful and scores.

Yes, it will be easy for us to sign the player rumored to be Ronaldo's replacement...

Even if we'd have a chance to tempt him away from Champions League football for the pleasure of a mid-table finish, he's going to cost at least 12 million, if not more.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't get why we would want this guy, he's a complete idiot, With the sale of Bentley we must aim higher

Such as ?

It would be nice to replace Bentley with another Rolls-Royce player but we'll probably have to settle for a Mondeo.

Such as ?

It would be nice to replace Bentley with another Rolls-Royce player but we'll probably have to settle for a Mondeo.

Come on, We pay scouts to search for good players, Pennent is not one, it's an easy move, anymore than 3 mill and we're being ripped off, obviosly someone like Bentley will be hard to replace but not impossible. Who's MK dons right Winger hehe

Pennant, please say it ain't so, I am getting a bit concerned about the bloke I actually wanted as Manager.

Milner or Lennon please if Liverpool are looking for 6 mil, and I suspect the will be, a big waste of money that.

Milner! Good shout - needs the Newky knocking out of him but had huge potential until Barcodes helped his career along. Lots of ex England players about waiting to be reformed isn't there?

I would not want Pennant anywhere need Ewood or Brockhall... he's not good enough... in fact Brett could do just as good a job on the right wing as Pennant.

If Lennon was coming than we would have done it as part of the Bentley deal.

Milner is good for me... Van Der Vaart... in our dreams!

Have always liked Pennant and would be thrilled to have him here.

Am heartened that Harry is one of our competitors for his signature, as he is usually a pretty good judge of players.

I have said this previously and will say it again, Pennant is an exceptional talent.

Wenger would not have kept him for so long if he did not have talent. 14 months ago he was the man of the match at the Champions league final vs AC Milan, he is only 25 years old with bags of European and premier league experience. I find it amusing when people on here would be happy with an unknown Russian who has never played outside of his own country but not Pennant!

I really hope we stay away from pennant! But knowing rovers we will most likely buy him for some ludicrous fee like £6m...

When you look at our squad its obvious that we need at least 3-4 new quality players in, yet we haven't anyone (only replaced a goalkeeper). This is about the least exciting start of the season for a long time...

I have said this previously and will say it again, Pennant is an exceptional talent.

Wenger would not have kept him for so long if he did not have talent. 14 months ago he was the man of the match at the Champions league final vs AC Milan, he is only 25 years old with bags of European and premier league experience. I find it amusing when people on here would be happy with an unknown Russian who has never played outside of his own country but not Pennant!

Talent unfortunatly is not all that is required, Pennant was signed by Wenger when he was 15 for silly money and huge deal was made of it. He did Well at brum but has failed to make the grade at Pool. I am not convinced Pennant is the right sort of person for our club.

Vladimir Bystrov, is highly rated his pace is frightening, he's played in europe and was a key reason in getting russia to the Euro's.

Check him out:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jERUo8wmqfM

I really hope we stay away from pennant! But knowing rovers we will most likely buy him for some ludicrous fee like £6m...

When you look at our squad its obvious that we need at least 3-4 new quality players in, yet we haven't anyone (only replaced a goalkeeper). This is about the least exciting start of the season for a long time...

I don't think we've started yet let alone finished - think it takes a while to install and set up a new management team- I doubt if Ince has even formed an opinion yet of the players he has. Target areas came from the previous manager. I'm sure things will look up soon.

Papers seem to suggest we are going to pay £6 million for Pennant, which in my opinion is way too much.

If you consider reports that we are getting between £7-10 million for Bentley with the rest going to Arsenal, spending £6 million for Pennant seems a stupid deal. It wouldn't leave us with much left to strengthen in other areas.

Papers seem to suggest we are going to pay £6 million for Pennant, which in my opinion is way too much.

If you consider reports that we are getting between £7-10 million for Bentley with the rest going to Arsenal, spending £6 million in Pennant seems a stupid deal. It wouldn't leave us with much left to strengthen in other areas.

Personally i think we will take this money and strengthen the original areas of interest first. Emerton has been tried on the wing to pretty good effect. Obviously some money might be put aside for a winger but i think we can expect this right back and holding midfielder first.

If you consider reports that we are getting between £7-10 million for Bentley with the rest going to Arsenal, spending £6 million for Pennant seems a stupid deal. It wouldn't leave us with much left to strengthen in other areas.

Don't you realise that Rovers' forte is doing stupid deals? A La Bentley sell on clause.....

I actually think Pennant would be a good addition to rovers....more of a direct threat to defenders with pace and trickery. Myabe £6m is too much.

Pennant is unsavoury character but maybe he'll do a Bellamy. Our squad is, as far as I know, united and comport themselves well, so Pennant may be kept on the narrow by his colleagues.

After all, Bellers came with a rep.

Archived