BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Expectations For The Coming Season

I expect one a hell of a season.

First of all I expect us to play rather attractive attacking-oriented football which will entertain us a lot.

I also think that we will end between 6-10th place and Benni Mac will have a horrible season.

I think that both Olsson and Judge will prove that they are something for the future.

When I think about he following season, I have gotten another 2 "hate-teams" during this summer window; Which of course is Manchester ###### and Tottenham.

I am really looking forward to these games and really hope we finish above both of them in the EPL. I wish Bentley and Mark Hughes all sadness and disaster they can get.

Up the Rovers!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at this table doesn't give us much historical hope of a good start.nothing we didn't know already other than last years improvement on that tradition.

Sky sports article show us and nufc as worst starters over last 5 years

10 pts from first 5 games would be a fantastic start and help all of us.In fact, I believe that to be the most optimistic beginning as it could very well be 4 points from first 5 matches(Euro chasing form on the first versus relegation form on the latter)

Everton v Blackburn (tricky)

Blackburn v Hull City (must win)

West Ham United v Blackburn (historical loss hope ince gets win on homecoming)

Blackburn v Arsenal (loss ;draw best case scenaio)

Blackburn v Fulham(must win)

somewhere in the middle! forgetting ince, rb and rw situations i really see the biggest hinderence to finishing top half as the gk! never ever had so little confidence in any keeper this club has had while i've been a supporter......i can honestly see myself asking whether brad would have done better whenever we concede. Everyone seems to say he's a great shot stopper but having kicking, catching crosses and decision making in your locker would be nice as well.

definitely not struggling...but almost certainly showing signs ofa club in transition!

Very few points from the first 10 games. Ince under intense media scrutiny and rumours of players revolt. What happens after that depends on JW admitting he got it badly wrong. Or else its Championship here we come.

Jesus, another doom monger, thanks for that scientific analysis, very helpful to the cause!

Ince under media scrutiny? Intense? Any worse than any other manager in the PL? I don't think so

Rumours of players revolt? Correct, rumours, caused by one particular person who didn't take to kindly to his dream move to a Champions League, sorry, cross that out and put Massive club Spuds in instead being "Delayed"

JW hasn't made many mistakes has he? Be honest? And as far as I'm concerned has dealt with all the issues thrown at him of late with a great deal of professionalism, and I'm not alone in that analysis.

Are you forgetting that we are Rovers and NOT Newcastle?

Try and keep the faith and at least give the whole team a chance! That's what "Supporters" are for.

I think it’s a pretty fair assessment and prediction for this upcoming season. I see this season as one of stabilisation and hopefully we won’t be involved in the relegation battle.

Me too cos dispirited and disgruntled players are worse than mediocre ones with collective spirit in a relegation scrap imo.

Me too cos dispirited and disgruntled players are worse than mediocre ones with collective spirit in a relegation scrap imo.

Theno I agree with you on this , but as I have posted on the other thread - the disgruntled players is as posted - one of them no longer being with us.

If the others don't like it - they can go as well, but there is a term a term for these so called players is there not and at the end of the day does professional not mean anything to their cash ringing brains.

C'est la vie

• 9 months later...
I think next season we'll be pushing for a European cup spot again. Allardyce is going to have a full pre-season to make his changes and what not.

Onwards and upwards!

I think Rovers will finish in the top 10 -probable about 8th - the dingles to have a choice of the bottom 3. To be honest I think the dingles will do simular to Hull, start well and come down with the xmas lights. It is easy saying they have done well against the prem sides this season - but to do that week in week out during a season, is totally different.

• Backroom

Mid table is most likely I think, therefore at least Burnleh coming up has added something else to focus on if that is the case.

This summer is MASSIVE though.

Apart from the fractious injury hit abomination at Stoke, Rovers have not lost to a team outside the top 6 since Sam was appointed in early December.

Something for the dingle fearers to reflect on.

Stoke is the only league match we lost that we could have expected to get anything from. All the rest were top 4 sides and Villa who were top 4 at the time.

We had some draws that could have been wins but other than that the manager and players seemed to target the winnable games or at least the games we must not lose.

After the first half of the season we were generally terrific in terms of results after Ince left. From 5 points adrift of safety to being seven points - we should have made it 9 yesterday - clear by the end was a great turnaround.

The downside...woeful football and a worrying lack of options. A squad we were talking about just last season as being the best we have ever had now looks woefully thin. Youth players given far more of a chance this season yet without any tangible success. Our best forward wants away, of our central midfielders the best one has just retired, the worst one has left on a free and the other three are permanently injured. Oh and the other is Keith Andrews who has actually been one of our better midfielders which really does say it all!!!

A reliable international central/right sided defender has left on a free. Yet despite this we are spending time we looking for goalkeepers of whom I thought we already had about five?!?

We definitely need better next season and a Plan B would help.

However...we cannot expect to spend nothing or make a net loss on transfers every summer and survive for too long. It will drag us down before too long...

Archived