BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] That Channel 5 Docu

Well I only ever wander around the outskirts of the centre and that's full of idiots half the time .

When was the last time you drank in Blackburn centre , Colin - I'd be delighted if you shared your vast knowledge on this subject ?

Phil,

You really need to stop pouncing on every post I make and trying to contradict it.

I didn't say that I know about drinking in Blackburn town centre did I? You suggested that I have a "vast knowledge" of the subject. I'm not sure where you got that idea from. I don't think it was from me.

I merely pointed out that a media story, is better if it has an "angle." In this case is was to put down Blackburn. I didn't suggest anything more or anything less. If you can't understand the difference then it looks like I'll have to tolerate you following me round this site posting misconceived contradictions to my posts.

Such as

.......and then I'll tell you about the time I passed through Manchester a few years ago :rolleyes:

What has that got to do with a documentary about Blackburn? Can you explain? Am I somehow responsible for your perception of Manchester from a few years ago?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Half true there Colin. Any town will have it's share of idiots and the fact that it was the lunatic weekend before Christmas would make it far worse anywhere. They were also lucky that they happened to be there as the Jubillee housed the 'worst violence ever seen in a pub in Blackburn'. (according to the police in the LET in January).

However I very rarely go into town any more as the pubs are awful (see pubs thread) and there are a significantly higher number of pricks roaming round Blackburn than most other Lancashire towns including up the M65. All places have them, we just seem to have them in a greater number. If I was to make a program like the one on Channel 5, I'd have chosen Blackburn as well as 'footage' is guaranteed.

Yeah I agree with that there are some right numpty's down Blackburn and also quite a few down Accy that I have had my run in's with. Surprised there wern't more like the idiot bouncing around hitting innocent's walking past, think someone said above that they would of loved to see him do it to the wrong person, now that would of been fully justified, instead he will get a tap on the wrist and sent on his way to do it again the following week.

For anyone intrested, it's on five now.

Not only dollopers on the streets in Blackburn cos 'James' the copper in Greenbank nick is sporting a bloody earring and 4 day old stubble!! WTF is going on? Police used to have to ask permission to grow a bloody beard!!! Typical copper....... I bet he only wears it cos he thinks it makes him look irresistable to the opposite sex! :rolleyes::lol:

'James' the copper in Greenbank nick is sporting a bloody earring!! WTF is going on? Police used to have to ask permission to grow a bloody beard!!! Typical copper....... I bet he only wears it cos he thinks it makes him look attractive to the opposite sex! :rolleyes::lol:

I bet he woke up the morning of filming, And thought...Ohhh i need to look f'telly...Where's my earing!

Not as bad as I thought is was going to be, I've seen much worse on my tours on the town. Maybe they held some footage back as it's not suitable for tv viewing.

Cheeky boy was just in the xmas spirit!

The blonde lady who likes a man in uniform can have my number any day.

Not only dollopers on the streets in Blackburn cos 'James' the copper in Greenbank nick is sporting a bloody earring and 4 day old stubble!! WTF is going on? Police used to have to ask permission to grow a bloody beard!!! Typical copper....... I bet he only wears it cos he thinks it makes him look irresistable to the opposite sex! :rolleyes::lol:

I know you hate facts getting in the way of a good moan ... but just to point out 'James the copper' is not a copper at all and is in fact a 'civi' employee at Greenbank.

I know you hate facts getting in the way of a good moan ... but just to point out 'James the copper' is not a copper at all and is in fact a 'civi' employee at Greenbank.

He might not have been a copper, but he was a sctratcher of the highest order - he had the perfect job for his voyeuristic needs :wacko:

Fair enough sparky ...... that explains his dreadfully scruffy appearence then. My mistake.

Also a bit unfair filming on 'mad friday'. Any other Friday the town centre is like a ghost town as the diamond white, tins of stella and various partners prob take a hammering at home. :rolleyes:

The blonde lady who likes a man in uniform can have my number any day.

The two of them spend most of their time running in & out of the Brown Cow like kids every weekend.

Stupid annoying blonde brain-dead bints the both of `em ;)

He might not have been a copper, but he was a sctratcher of the highest order - he had the perfect job for his voyeuristic needs :wacko:

I'm sure the cctv operator with the greying hair and beard use to work at carlines on the site of the old Discount giant or otherwise known as the co-op on Brothers street, can anyone confirm thanks.

Phil,

You really need to stop pouncing on every post I make and trying to contradict it.

But you contradict yourself , Colin - I just highlight the fact .

Your comments about the bridge in Blackburn , then the comments about the traffic at Ewood , and now the pubs in the centre .

You don't even live in Blackburn - it's blatantly obvious you know nothing about the area . Why do you feel the need the need to talk about things you know nothing about ?

....and then you say that you didn't even watch the documentary :wacko::rolleyes:

Phil,

Welcome to the club Colin.

You have to sympathise though ..... selling spoons must be extreeeeemmmeely boring :lol::lol:

I'm sure the cctv operator with the greying hair and beard use to work at carlines on the site of the old Discount giant or otherwise known as the co-op on Brothers street, can anyone confirm thanks.

Yes ... I too remember him from Carlines.

But you contradict yourself , Colin - I just highlight the fact .Your comments about the bridge in Blackburn , then the comments about the traffic at Ewood , and now the pubs in the centre .

You don't even live in Blackburn - it's blatantly obvious you know nothing about the area . Why do you feel the need the need to talk about things you know nothing about ?

....and then you say that you didn't even watch the documentary :wacko::rolleyes:

OK Phil,

I'll have one last go.

I did not make any comment about the pubs in Blackburn. I merely stated that any media documentary needs to make itself an angle and that "Blackburn, a bit of a dump really, but not too bad" isn't going to sell itself.

Freckleton Street Bridge replacement has been funded by the Tranport Infrastructure Fund. The replacement bridge is needed to be part of the Blackburn road scheme to try and get through traffic out of the town centre. The old bridge was old & unsafe & couldn't cope with predicted traffic levels nor the heavier goods vehicles. The scheme to replace it was funded by DfT with the TIF.

I've also dealt with the re-numbering of the road system in Blackburn so that through traffic takes a preferred route round the outside rather than through the middle. Over a period of time maps, & sat navs will catch up and it will make the centre of Blackburn a less congested place. It was largely a matter of replacing the Principal Road Network with a new arrangement, de-classifying some roads and re-classifying others with different numbers. Over the fullness of time the scheme should work.

The Ewood bus lane scheme is really nothing out of the ordinary. It's just a scheme that replicates many others throughout the country. It will have been designed by professional highway engineers using their education, knowledge, and expertese to try and solve a problem.

And just for your information, I've dealt with the restricted parking zone in Church St, the northern part of Darwen St & Fleming Square area. Have a pop at me for that if you want even though you have no idea what a restricted parking zone is.

So, that's me done & dusted & explained.

Oh dear ........the Mancs are out in force .

What's up , Tombro were my cynnical (sic) comments about non Blackburners too much for you ?

"Oh dear" indeed! You have got anger issues.

Please will you stop yapping on like an angry toy poodle going "yap yap yap yap yap" at the postman. You are really making a bit of a tit of yourself. And the smilies don't really help one iota.

A lot of threads are ruined by people who just want to start arguments and thus get the thread closed, I'm sure the locals know more about the problems and needs of their own town than people from other parts of the country who just want to wind people up!

The Ewood bus lane scheme is really nothing out of the ordinary. It's just a scheme that replicates many others throughout the country. It will have been designed by professional highway engineers using their education, knowledge, and expertese to try and solve a problem.

No - it's been designed by a bunch of good-fer-nowt pen pushing idiots who know precisely sod all about the transport requirements of the local community, and who seem intent on wasting millions of pounds on something which isn't needed - jeopardising dozens of local businesses and causing huge inconvenience to thousands of people.

Just so we're clear on that.

The Ewood bus lane scheme is really nothing out of the ordinary. - IT IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY FOR BLACKBURN

It's just a scheme that replicates many others throughout the country. MAYBE BUT IT'S NOT NEEDED. WHAT PURPOSE WILL IT SERVE AT EWOOD ?

It will have been designed by professional highway engineers using their education, knowledge, and expertese expertise to try and solve a problem. WHAT PROBLEM AT EWOOD?

I don't know a lot about the other points you make Colin. However as your talking twaddle over the bus lane and seem to know very little about it I suspect that might be the case with the other issues.

Hi Hasta,

This thread seems to have merged with the "road layout for Ewood thread."

It's a bit interesting in that I've yet to read anything positive about this bus lane next to Ewood, despite seeing anything concrete to prove that it will be a bad thing.

I must admit I have a slight interest, not in the actual subjects, but in the motovation(s) of people who complain about things.

Just things in general. A couple of weeks ago I read a letter in The Manchester Evening News from a chap who was really incensed by people carrying bicycles on bicycle carriers on the back of cars. The chap had no experiences of bikes falling off the car in front and smashing through his windscreen killing his wife of 40 years. Or any problem at all. But nevertheless he was so cheesed off with the idea that he was galvanised to pen a letter to the paper.

It's a bit the same here.

The Ewood bus lane scheme is really nothing out of the ordinary. - IT IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY FOR BLACKBURN

OK, what is it that makes Blackburn so different from the scores of other cities and towns which have introduces bus lanes?

It's just a scheme that replicates many others throughout the country. MAYBE BUT IT'S NOT NEEDED. WHAT PURPOSE WILL IT SERVE AT EWOOD ?[/

I can't really answer that for you. You'll have to go and ask the highways department at Blackburn With Darwen Borough Council

It will have been designed by professional highway engineers using their education, knowledge, and expertise to try and solve a problem. WHAT PROBLEM AT EWOOD?[/

Again, ask BWDBC highways. I tend to think that they have highways engineers who have spotted a problem and think that a bus lane is a decent solution. Maybe you think that it might not be. That's OK by me. I don't care. I don't care if anyone here wants to go into the operating theatre at Blackburn Royal Infirmary & tell the surgeon that (s)he's doing the operation all wrong.

I don't know a lot about the other points you make Colin. However as your talking twaddle over the bus lane and seem to know very little about it I suspect that might be the case with the other issues.

OK, you think I'm "talking twaddle" about a bus lane. I'll take that one on the chin. (Althought it would be interesting to read about other posters expertise on bus lanes) It's an interesting extrapolation that you think that "I suspect that might be the case with the other issues."

Can you justify that comment? Which of my other comments on other "issues" have been "twaddle."

I'm going on a bit aren't I? Sorry.

Colin

PS - Theno: I've got a watch. I know what time it is.

Or maybe they are pushing the bus lanes to try and cut down on conjestion for JUST the buses and hope ppl use buses more instead of driving.

Only problem i see with it is the round about they are introducing as part off the scheme and i am talking about on a match day traffic level unless they put traffic lights on it like whiteburke which i highly doubt it

Also tris guess you dont no any off the highways guys then as they are not idiots. i used to work near them and talk to them untill had a reshuffle

Or maybe they are pushing the bus lanes to try and cut down on conjestion for JUST the buses and hope ppl use buses more instead of driving.

Of course they are . These things are politically motivated rather than carried out for sound strategic reasons to improve the flow of traffic . It's why you end up with a cycle lane on the new bridge that's damn near as big as the one for cars - I've yet to see one single cyclist use it !

Incidentally , whilst walking to the game yesterday , I noticed quite a few posters in windows objecting to the proposed new scheme . No doubt they were all ignorant residents rather than qualified experts .....

Anyway this thread is going way off course . May I suggest to Colin that he watches the Channel 5 documantary forthwith so that we get back on topic ........if that's OK with him of course :unsure:

Archived