BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley Or Friedel Who Will We Miss More?

I have been discussing with a few Rovers fans, and we all came to the conclusion that as a team, we will definitely miss Friedel more than Bentley. So i thought i'd put the question to you guys, who will Blackburn have missed more come this time next season.

Bentley.

We've done brilliantly to replace Friedel with someone not far behind his standard. I think whoever replaces Bentley will be nowhere near his standard...and the knock-on effect from that will be our best player struggling to get the ammunition he needs.

Firedel kept us up a few seasons and won us more points than I can count, while Bentley was pretty much the beginning and the end of our attacking drive last season. Don't know what we'll do without either to be honest. We can't keep pulling off transfer miracle after miracle every single season.

The worrying thing is.....

Friedel is generally worth 10 points a season is match winning/drawing saves.

Bentley is worth 20 goals a season when you consider assists and goals combined.

We will miss them both. Big time.

Its a tough one to judge.

Brad must save us about 10-15 points per season with his performances and on current standing and this moment in time is a better keeper than the one we have just signed.

Bents is our main creative force and has been our main supplier to Roque. All the players we have been linked with aren't really in my opinion anywhere near as good as Bents.

I'd have to go with Bentley being the player we will miss the most due to the impact it could have on Roque, Benni and the rest of the forward line.

Freidal will be most missed..though have great respect for an in-form Big Robbo!!

MGP will be a new player without Betnley on the pitch and provide the assists Betnley did last season, that is as long as he removes the Gamst from the back of his shirt this year.

Both will be a big loss. Shame on Ince for letting them both leave, with Williams' blessing, of course. :angry:

You just don't get it do you?

It is a fact of life in football these days that if players decide they want to leave then the club, especially one the size of ours, is invariably left with little option but to sell. What is the alternative? Keep unhappy players who are likely to give less than their best, e.g Bentley towards the end of last season.

In the case of Friedel then the club have done well to get a good fee for a 37 year old keeper and replace him with an England international for an equally good fee.

It was inevitable that with Hughes leaving, some of the players would see their future elsewhere.

What fans have to accept is that we are in a rebuilding phase at the club, and we may take a step or two backward this season.

I actually find Prozac the best prescription drug for this purpose.

Seroxat also has its positives.

Oh wait, I thought this was the manic-depressive thread.

We won't miss them. Bentley has been wining for months and Friedel has seen $$$$ signs.

Neither of them would have been any good this season. Their hearts weren't in it.

Step up Carlos and Robbo

Brad is gone Bents will be soon.

I hoped prayed that Brad would not leave, and he did.

Bents wants to leave so have a fun time in London.

I think it was Cocker who said something like "Thanks for all the memories Brad but as soon as you put on another shirt you mean nothing to me."

Sums up both of them to me now.

My heart will miss Brad more but the realistic side of me wil miss Bentley.I can't help but think if he had kept his mouth shut at that party this summer,kept his head down and continued to work hard both he and Rovers would have been mutually served.Alas,this has not happened and so we move on.

A quick thank you to both.

Having Bentley on my last season shirt, desktop wallpaper, ipod wallpaper and avatar here, I have some cleaning up to do.

And now I join in the following statement :

I think it was Cocker who said something like "Thanks for all the memories Brad but as soon as you put on another shirt you mean nothing to me."

Sums up both of them to me now.

Bye bye !

Bentley will need to be replaced by someone who has to make the same impact. We cant deny that over the past two seasons he has been a big player for us, whether he is overrated or overpriced is another issue...For Blackburn Rovers he has won us games. By far the player that influenced matches the most...

no contest friedel all the way. friedel will be missed by me but tbh im really not that bothered about bentley he can go whereever he want for all i care especially for the money he is going for. he's well overated in my eyes. id be happy with 10 million for him.

but thats just my opinion

Archived