BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok wel having enjoyed fifa for a bit on my flatmates copy, im just gonna buy pro evo now, fifa just irritates the hell outta me now, the more i play it the more i dislike it, everything seems like predetermined, i dunno how to explain it really, just dont feel as in control of the players as ya do on pes

agree with you 100 %. Starts out a good game but the more you play it the more flaws you find

Well after playing the demo it's seems a lot better. The game that 2008 should've been. I'm still not convinced though. I've played about 10 games and I know it's a demo but here's some things I'm not quite sure about -

- The players seem very...chunky and don't move as freely as they did with PES6.

- I've noticed when the ball goes free players (on my team) tend to run away from it.

- While the keepers seem better at times, at other times they feel worse. I managed to score a weird goal with Henry, the ball ran free outside the box so I powered up a shot for when he reached it, took the shot which rolled patheticially along the ground at no great speed. The keeper ran towards it on the goal line and proceded to dive over the top of the ball and in it went!

- Catch up logic seems a bit unfair at times too. I manage to break away only to find pretty much everyone on their team catch me up and nick the ball off me.

I know it's only a demo but still.

Well theres an update coming out in November apparently, 12 new teams in the champs league, updated kits and rosters for most teams, 4 more licensed spanish teams and a new option to save goals and send them to ya friends online, i'll be playin it on saturday!! cant wait!

Bugger.

Well, first impressions are "meh".

It's harder. Much harder. They also need to be a bit more attentive when putting players on. We don't have Andrews or Grella, we have Robinson and for some reason we also have Bentley and Friedel.

So, option file is needed for kits and to fix all these people up.

It does annoy me when they make basic errors like that with the squad.

Sure there might be a cut off point so some transfers may not be in there but how can we have Fridel and Robinson, they moved at the same time.

Ah well, its just a small gripe, its all about the gameplay so just waiting to see how that is.

Annoyingly I got my copy sent to the wrong address so have to drive to my parents tomorrow to pick it up! For the petrol it'll cost me I may as well just buy another one lol

Guest Kamy100

By the end of tomorrow should have an option file which corrects all the kits, team names and updates the squads.

Really liking the game, it a huge improvement on last year, gameplay it is much harder and does have that old PES feeling about it. Have had a a couple of games online and they were lag free. Basically this year's PES is what last year's should have been. Konami have played their get out of jail card. While this game is fine this year, I most other people will expect more from PES next year, they need to introduce new animations, put in 360 movement and look at player responsiveness.

If anyone wants to play me then my game ID is kamy100.

Question about the online for this. Do they make you go through the maddness of the 'Konomi ID' sign in like last year? Also, I sold the one I had last year and the guy couldnt go online with it because I had already registered it to my PSN ID - Is this still the case too?

Guest Kamy100

This year the issue of selling PES is sorted as it is not registered to your PSN ID. Instead you create a Konami ID and within that you create a GAME ID which is specific to PES, so you can use any PES2009 Blue Ray disc with you GAME ID. All long winded and unecessary but this is the way Konami have decided to go down.

This year the issue of selling PES is sorted as it is not registered to your PSN ID. Instead you create a Konami ID and within that you create a GAME ID which is specific to PES, so you can use any PES2009 Blue Ray disc with you GAME ID. All long winded and unecessary but this is the way Konami have decided to go down.

Cheers for that and yes, it is long winded

Guest Kamy100

I think that cannot answer if it is better than FIFA because really both games offer a different type of experience. PES has gone back to the gameplay that made the series, in terms of gameplay it is very much like PES5, you have to pass the ball about and really work hard to score goals so therefore scoring is actually a satisfying experience. FIFA looks great and plays great and offers visually stunning experience, for the first time ever I can say for me personally I like both games because they offer different positive aspects.

Online is working fine for me, played a couple of games and there was no lag!

Guest Kamy100

First PS3 File, this one corrects team names, updates transfers and formations:

http://rs563.rapidshare.com/files/154888785/PES09WENBOF.rar

Download the file onto your PC

Using a memory stick, transfer the folder named ‘PS3′ onto it.

Now insert the memory stick into you PS3.

When inserted into the PS3, go to the Game icon and go into the ‘Saved Data Utility’ folder.

You should see an icon at the top saying ‘USB Device (STORAGE DEVICE)’

Click into it and you should see the OF. Tap Triangle and select copy.

All done!

There will be ones with proper kits etc coming out very very soon.

Thanks very much Kamy.

I agree with other comments. I have both. They are different, but both are good. PES is a lot, lot harder this year. Perhaps too hard. When Henchoz is catching Ronaldo when he's 100 yards clear it is pretty unrealistic.

Fifa has the features. Pro Evo has the satisfaction of scoring a goal. Back to the PES5 moments of punching the air and giving a big "F**king get in" when a 10 game goalless streak comes to an end.

Online on both are fine, as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Hmm. When I put the data on by pen drive it says corrupted data. I've done this before so I know it's nothing I've done. I'll try re-downloading the file.

EDIT2: Got it. I needed to put it onto the Desktop before putting it onto the pen drive, rather than just extracting it from WinRar.

Guest Kamy100

Did you get my invites to play Anti-Dingle?

Basically to play a friend, you have to create a room (under friendly match option) then you have to limit invitations, then inside the room you have to invite a friend (have to use the name that you are registered under in PES2009. Bit long winded but after the first time you can add someone to your PES friends lists which makes things easier.

Archived