BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Guest Kamy100

Regardless of what team you choose on Legend Mode you will have to play a number of training matches before you get called upto the substitute bench for the first team.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well im liking pro evo, the become a legend mode is good! I joined wigan at the start and got into the first team n then transferred to newcastle, think it took me 2 games training t get into the intersquad and now im a first team regular! stil a bit to go before the next transfer window though, hoping Rovers come in! anyone tried the legends mode online? i played the other night just with my flatmate and it was really good although I'm sure they hav dumbed down the AI a lot online because the keepers just never come out for one on ones, especially our keeper! not so much the oppositions, and it seems a lot easier to run past computer AI online as well

Guest Kamy100

At the moment the online settings are set to beginners for all games, so online AI is very easy. You cannot change the settings but Konami will allow the change of settings in the near future.

Are there many/any differences between how PES2009 plays on the PS3 and how it plays on the 360? Played this on my mates PS3 on Friday and loved it. I'm probably going to get a 60gb 360 and Pro for £170 from HMV later on this afternoon but just wondered if there was any reason why I shouldn't.

I wouldnt know, my flatmate preferred the last one on the 360 but he bought this one on the ps3, don't think theres much difference except the edit mode I think is a lot better on ps3, apart from that maybe just which controller ya prefer

Regardless of what team you choose on Legend Mode you will have to play a number of training matches before you get called upto the substitute bench for the first team.

Got into it a bit more now, started again and made myself as a striker, thought it might be a bit easier to have an influence on the game.

Got signed up by Stoke, after a few training games I got on the bench which was ever so exciting waiting for me to come on! Came on for 20 minutes and managed to get an assist. Made a few more sub appearances without doing anything until I got my first start against Man Utd, yeh thanks! Surprisingly I didn't give Rio too many problems but kept my place for the next game against Wigan where somehow I managed to score a hat trick!

I'm about 25 games or so into the season now, the assist on my debut and the hat trick against Wigan is still the only goals and assists I have lol.

It's quite challenging though and I can see it will become a lot more fun as my attributes go up.

It doesnt half take ages for your stats to go up. My player is a striker and just can shoot. Got 65 or something for shooting. Im working on pace at the moment though as i find it really hard to get away from defenders on one on ones.

Played the Playstation 2 version last night and...well...it's practically the same bloody game as 2008! The match engine is nothing like the PC demo I have.

To be honest it feels like they've put it all back to PES6, which is no bad thing as that's easily the best one ever released. Shows they've given up on doing PS2 versions...can't blame them if I'm honest, but I'm still disappointed after playing the PC demo for the last few weeks.

I can't work out whether I like the Legend mode or not. I can't handle the camera in that mode though, I have to play it using one of the other cameras.

Are there many/any differences between how PES2009 plays on the PS3 and how it plays on the 360? Played this on my mates PS3 on Friday and loved it. I'm probably going to get a 60gb 360 and Pro for £170 from HMV later on this afternoon but just wondered if there was any reason why I shouldn't.

Here's one.... Pro Evo + Fable 2 + 360.

Fable 2 is class - The new Evo has its good points although it's clearly in desperate need of an overhaul - never thought I'd say this but go for FIFA09

Click...

Got quite into the Become A Legend Mode now, started at Stoke and ended up with about 5 in 15, moved to Wigan and scored 4 in about the same amount of games and then I've become a god at Newcastle by scoring 4 in my first 5 games including a last minute winner on my debut after coming on as a sub, couple of assists added here and there.

Is pretty tricky though with the stats being low, got my shooting stats all up to about 71-73 now and my jumping and heading, half of my goals have probably come from corners.

Certainly do feel a sense of achievement if you do actually get a goal though!!

well i'm at newcastle still, about 6 games into me second season, wanting a transfer though! most of my goals have been from outside the area, although I am a midfielder, think i'll try a centre forward one after iv finished with this one

Are there any patches for the 360? Ive changed all the team names and transfered those that I know about.

Got rid of Brad and Bentley at Rovers and brought in Grella.

Rovers aren't that bad once you tweak the line up. If you don't theyre pretty useless with Roque on the right wing and Roberts as a lone striker!

Guest Kamy100

Konami have released a patch.

It is the biggie, it updates lots of stuff, made online better and made offline gameplay better.

Also after the patch has installed and the game loads up go to system settings, click download and the game will update all the squads etc.

I havent been prompted to download any updates yet? Tried going on system settings and downloading game data but didnt make any difference. On the PESFAN forums there are a couple of threads saying the update is flawed, doesnt work offline or something like that so needs to be re released.

Anyone got anymore info?

Konami need to sort themselves out!

Im pleased there updating the transfers though. I couldnt believe the state of the squads when I bought the game. We still have friedel but also Robinson who was signed after Friedel. Just lazy and shows a lack of attention to detail. Eidur Gudjohnsen wasnt even in the game. Also there are no german teams, not even Bayern Munich.

The new update is out to get the update first download the patch that is prompted when you start the game.

Secondly after the patch has been installed go to system settings and Download, this will offer you the option to download the proper update. Takes a while though! Seems faster if you download via http rather than the reccomended p2p

Archived