SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100
Kamy you joined the league yet?

I've got it on the 360 at the moment, my brother is going to buy the PS3 version this week so will join the league then.

Also is there demand for a 360 league? If there is then will set one up.

Have we got a club on Fifa we can all join?

I've just hooked up my PS3 to the net and noticed people can create a club and make their club go up the rankings. Surely we could get a team full on here!

My PS3 nickname is Tim-oth-eus

Just been playing 10 v 10, it's a great laugh if people are sensible on it!

So far i've played left back - got a 9/10, Striker got a 6/10 and then CD and got a 9/10 - MOTM.

When are we going live with the BRFCS league Hughesy? I'm looking forward to getting hammered by you probs about 4/5-0 :)

(Hustling so shush, make you all think i'm crap :P)

Guest Kamy100

Yeah the club thing is superb and I am a member of one from another forum that I visit. It is really cool playing with people you know and you can take on people from all over the world, we currently have a squad of 14 people and I think that your squad can be upto 50 people. I have got the 360 version but will have the PS3 one later this week, on here I think most people have the PS3 one so would make sense to setup a club on the PS3 version.

I just set up a club called BRFCS and of course I chose our beloved Blackburn Rovers!

I've invited a few people who might want to join.

PSN - blueblood84, lindop, nortsS2K

If anyone wants to join to compete against other teams then feel free to write your Playstation ID down and i'll send you an invite.

To play the club thing - s it like 10 v 10 where you all play online at the same time together?

Go live - when we have enough members yeah? Not many in there last time I checked.

Il be up for the club thing too.

As for winning the league Lindop? Not so sure, maybe the other night I just got lucky?

Guys, two things:-

1, I cant remember where the post with the rules for the ps3 league were? I know you cant have 5 star teams but can you have 4 and a half?

2, Does anyone know if you can TAG a ps3 user ID. What I mean by this is I had to call myself Rover95 because it didnt like Cocker (for obvious reasons it doesnt like it but it is my name) so in this case so I know who every one is I would want to TAG the name Rover95 in my list with Cocker so I know who it is - is it possible?

Whoever is sending the invites out the user Egg who you should have in your list is asking to be invited again because he/she quit by mistake. (I will also require an invite too)

Cheers

Cheers, will hopefully pick my team and join the league tonight.

I have found that I am no were near as good at this one as I was with last years one. Well to be honest what I mean is that the tricks don't seem to work very well. You see in games I try and play like this - look good first - win second. For me if I have been passing it around and tricked past a few players to score - then that is a good game - people that constantly run down the wing and score 5 goals by passing along the ground and side footing it in for each one have not made any effort really at all. This year the tricks seem less responsive and are well very different. I had a favorite one from last year if you were coming at a player and you held the trick button and pull back with the trick stick a couple of time you would do the Ronaldo chop and fly past the bewildered player and have a chance on goal. You do that this year and your guy comes to an almost stop while he chops it back. Also, I have started to get annoyed with some tackles. I go sliding in and win the ball and take the man down to however, before I have had the chance to get up my self the guy that I tackled is back on his feet and running off with the ball. Also while I sound off is anyone becoming a master like me at hitting the cross bar? I swear I can his it in 4 out of 5 shots when trying to score.

Anyway, had a couple of online games last night and got quite up set when the ball went out for a corner and their guy who was taking the corner just disappeared. For the rest of the match him and what seemed to be one other defender were invisible so I kept getting tackled by the invisible man - hopefully though this was just a one off glitch.

Something I am most pleased about with the online this year is the ability to play a rematch. If you played against a mate last year you had to keep going back into the lobby to play again which was annoying.

(Also, did anyone have an answer to my tagging the id question?)

Iv had the invisible man thing once. He only appeared after about 70 mins - not sure if maybe its a cheat? I know the fifa servers were playing up abit last night though so maybe a glitch?

Tricks work fine for me cocker - think this year timing is alot more important, which makes the game better.

Im also not as good as in the last game so far, still trying to refine my game really. Keep conceding soft goals, and yes like you I hit the post & bar too much. I need about 15 chances to score 2 in the new game.

Eh, I've only just noticed that Arsenal are 4 1/2 stars not five like they used to be?

With regards to the tricks, I've noticed that it seems to really differ dependant on what player you are (unlike fifa 08, where even Mokoena could bang out a few Ronaldinho style tricks). Trying to do a overhead flick with Nelson is nigh on impossible!

I've also had a few problems with the EA servers this past 3 days or so - it's a shame really because the first few days after release there weer no issues at all?!

Edit - As a side note do any of you find that you are having to use the 'finesse shot' a lot more than on Fifa 08?

Yeah I have to use the finesse shot alot to make sure the ball stands a chance of going in. Scored one or two 30 yard screamers, but not many yet!

Yeah EA servers have been rubbish last few days, they probably just need to increase the size of them as more and more people seem to be getting the game and going online.

Yeah Arsenal are 4 1/2 hence why I picked them for the league (no 5 star rule). I have however noticed that teams change online. Like Blackburn were 4 star last week but after the United defeat they are currently 3 1/2.

No i think there are alot of good 4 1/2 star teams out there - the likes of Athletico Mardid, Seville - also some very good 4 star teams - Villa, City, Dortmund.

The rule for no 5 star was so we dont have the usual online rubbish where every 9 out of 10 people pick United, Chelsea, Barca or Real Madrid.

Archived