BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Names For My Daughter Please

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The name has to sound right with the surname so it is hard to make a suggestion. If the surname is three syllables or more then something like Sian is nice.

A short surname and Rebecca or Rosemary is nice.

Allison goes well with short and long surnames.

If the surname is fairly common then a more unusual first name helps.

Elle,

Tia,

Mia,

Stephanie (Steph),

Jenifer (Jen).

What is the worst female name?

over here there are some good names (i like Zeynep and Ayse (pronounced eye - she as in shed but without the d obviously) and Gizem (pronounced with a hard g as in garage so its gee zem) but there are some awful names like Fatma and Buket

as i said we called our daughter tia louise,her nickname was fairy she is 25 now and still called fairy and is due to have her 1st baby in september and i want her called charlot if its a girl we do not know the sex and dont want to what ever her name is i am sure your daughter will be loved and spoilt

Many thanks for all your suggestions, some good choices for us here...even some of the more left-field names.

I will advise the name we pick when the time arrives.

Would have loved to find a Rovers related name but I could only come up with Valery (remember him!).

Cheers all.

Rule of thumb I've heard, going on from Philip, is if you have a one syllable last name (WE HAVE) , it should be a 3 syllable first name and a second syllable middle name. (WE AGREE)

It will be quite traditional, may be 2 syllables though....Rosie is under consideration.

Maybe a middle name also...

I kn ow it's about seven months two late, but congratulations on the fantastic news! There can't be many better feelings than this.

Anyway, these are some girls names that I really like.

Katy (with a 'y' not an 'ie')

Lacey

Keely

Holly

Lizzie

Sophie

Lisa

Archived