BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sit Down If You Love Rovers

As the chant goes "You only sh*t on your own fans"

We see it all the time at Ewood, Esp the BBE. Rovers supporters are told to sit down and behave.Whilst away fans in the Darwen are seemingly alloud to stand,dance pretty much do what ever they want.

I myself during a Rovers counter attack have been told by fellow Rovers fans to sit down.

There should be a section in the BBE for fans that want to stand, Chant and get fully behind the team.

It is hardly an issue at Ewood as far as I can see, I look down on the top right corner of the BBE and there is always a small pocket of fans at the back who always stand, but they don't restrict anyones view as they are all at the back. I guess it must be a Premier League directive, as Rovers are probably one of the best sitters in the league. As for the big teams fans sitting down...no friggin chance. I have been moaning about that for years now.

Official Website

I'm presuming its the corners of BBE Lower. Should Rovers fans be allowed to stand up and support their team throughout the 90 minutes or only at crucial moments in games.

Liverpool and United bring down 7000 fans every season but always stand up. Will this affect them?

Your Views

Standing for parts of the match is perfectly normal. Standing all the way through is a bit rude to those behind apart from being a safety issue...

It won't have any effect on the away fans since it never does and they always get left alone to do what they like.

Imo i don`t see why Rovers can`t take out the top 10 or 15 rows of seats and replace it with terracing,we managed perfectly well for years before Hillsborough happened without incident.That way then those that want to stand can do so without upsetting anybody

When i was over in May, people stood up at key moments of the match and i was sitting in the bottom corner of the BBE right beside riverside.

I admit it would be great to have terracing in BBE lower, and to be honest, grounds have improved since H'boro so i cant really see any H&s problems if it was just BBE lower.

It`s pathetic!

I do sit down at Rovers games, but would love to stand the entire match along with other like-minded supporters & sing, chant & bounce etc....

It`s one of the main reasons i started watching Rovers as a kid....the atmosphere & banter.

Ewood is like a morgue for 90% of most games these days.

It`s not fun anymore.

Yeah the same match i was talking a post or two above was the derby game....anyone remember the darwen end? Their fans were dancing, STANDING, and even managed to do two or three conga lines!!

And we were all just sitting there like we couldnt care. We should have been allowed to stand and shout and scream back!!

We are after all the barmy army...or is that just for away matches?

It would be hard for the club to enforce any rules on away fans, coz.... they simply wonldn't listern, or care. Just like we would do in any away game.

Ultimately, away fans in large numbers aren't going to listen when told to sit down. We didn't at Birmingham and there were children around me who saw very little of the game. When parents have paid for a ticket they should at least expect that the club ensures that their children can actually see the match!

The days of standing at Premier League games is a thing of the past. Too much money has been spent on developing all seater stadiums. Those fans keen on standing should come and watch the reserves at Morecambe. You can stand for 90 minutes on proper terraces and nobody bothers you!

Official Website

I'm presuming its the corners of BBE Lower. Should Rovers fans be allowed to stand up and support their team throughout the 90 minutes or only at crucial moments in games.

Liverpool and United bring down 7000 fans every season but always stand up. Will this affect them?

Your Views

Look at the Kop and Stretford End and they ALL stand all the way through the game. Both clubs have tried everything to stop it but to no avail. I think clubs have to be seen to be trying to stop it for police, insurance reasons but they know there's not a lot they can do. Besides, not an issue at Rovers. In fact, they should put a plea out for just the opposite and get some atmosphere!

Il be standing as normal until the away fans are made to sit.

I think the fans forum should take this to the club and get their views on away fans!!

The Forum has already raised this at least once. The reality is that when there are a lot of away fans, if they decide to stand up there is very little the police or stewards can do about it without causing a riot. You will have noticed that the club always makes an announcement asking away fans to sit down if they are standing. This has no effect (or often a negative affect as it encourages them to make more noise) but the club has to do it to ensure that they can demonstrate that they have tried to apply the law should they need to.

If you'd ever been unfortunate to get caught up in a surge on a full all-seater terrace, you might change your mind.

It's no exaggeration to say persistent standing in seated areas is potentially very dangerous before you even start to ponder the rudeness to the poor people sat behind.

THe problem with bringing back standing is that you won't know if it's a disaster waiting to happen until that disaster occurs.

Without starting a debate on Hillsborough, the disaster there did not occur because it was or wasn't a seated part of the ground.

The decision to make grounds all seater was as a result of a wider look at football safety, precipitated by the Hillsborough disaster, but not confined to it.

A personal opinion is that I prefer terraces, but then I'm a 6' 2" man who can put up with being jostled around and can always see the game.

Whether at football or concerts, I've also felt it would be damn awful to be female, young or simply short!

It's no exaggeration to say persistent standing in seated areas is potentially very dangerous before you even start to ponder the rudeness to the poor people sat behind.

Funny, the only incidents that have ever happened here are where people stand in non-seated areas. Ever stood with a crowd of people at a concert?

Agree with the rudeness part, which is why there should be sections set aside.

No arguments there, I think most would like to see the return of terraced areas. Tickets to them tend to be cheaper too!

Unfortunately, it's not up to the Rovers. The Premier League requires it, so change would have to come from there.

I'll be standing as normal. End of.

Fine. I trust you've read the article on the official site, and understand the various reasons for the regulations.

Therefore if you get thrown out and your season ticket cancelled you've only yourself to blame.

Fine. I trust you've read the article on the official site, and understand the various reasons for the regulations.

Therefore if you get thrown out and your season ticket cancelled you've only yourself to blame.

Yep, I've read it and understand the clubs position.

From my point of view, I sit on the back row so I'm not obstructing anyone - it's easier to stand in order to see the whole game, otherwise I'm up and down like a yo-yo. If the club are so intent on everyone sitting down, they should accomodate fans with more leg room.

I just prefer to stand - which is one of the reasons I have a season ticket on the back row.

Rovers can and do take action with regards to away supporters standing, if someone complains they cant see the offender/s are told to sit down if they fail to comply they can and are removed.

For example about 15 Wigan fans were standing in front of the camera at the top of the Darwen end they were requested to sit down and when they failed to do so 2 stewards sat with them for three quarters of the match to ensure they sat down

The problem arises when you get United and Liverpool etc, last United match it was just pointless telling them to sit down, had they not ragged one near the end i very much doubt we could have kept them off the pitch never mind in their seats.

You have my sympathy, CircoWill. It's just that I wouldn't like to see you (or anyone) deprived of your season ticket to try and prove a point that you've no chance with. There are some things you just can't win :(

Archived