BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Simpson

Do you think it is likely that they will pay the majority of his wages?

If there is one person close to Williams in shrewd business moves it is Alex Ferguson

Usually the club the player is loaned to picks up the wages tab and sometimes pays a loan fee as well.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rules changed towards theend of last season permitting clauses in loan contracts stopping a player appearing against his own club.

Was a very unpopular move but it permitted a practisethat was happening de facto.

It wasn't happening de facto. It was an actual rule. No player on loan could be play against his actual club.

It wasn't happening de facto. It was an actual rule. No player on loan could be play against his actual club.

Could the club receiving the loan player ask for a clause to allow the player to play against his owning team?

I am sure I have seen this happen.

t'other way round before the rule changed to allow clubs to specify non-appearances in loan agreements.

Previously the rule about third party influences disallowed such a clause but it was increasingly being breached by "gentlemen's agreements".

There 100% was a rule in the past two seasons which meant players were not allowed to play against teams who they were on loan from.

If it were a direct result of that particular incident I cannot remember, but it definately existed.

There 100% was a rule in the past two seasons which meant players were not allowed to play against teams who they were on loan from.

If it were a direct result of that particular incident I cannot remember, but it definately existed.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/05/...o_make_the.html

Loans between prem teams came about in 2004, lua lua cost the barcodes a CL spot with that goal, LMAO.

I remember the incident in question with foster being dropped againast united, as to when exactly it changed I do not know but it was def last season.

Confirmed, all my Manchester Red Sox Mates aren't happy he's joining us, everyone one of them without exceptions rated the lad very highly, they all think he'll do a good job for us.

Let's see, won't do any harm and he's a much better prospect than any backup we have for Bert, that's for sure, and he has pace, which is what we need.

Welcome to Rovers Danny

I would have preferred to see Kane given a chance to back-up Emerton.

Kane might not be excelling right now but he has proven he has certain qualities, was excellent in Belgium and may be a late developer, needing games to progress.

If Simpson does sign, I hope Kane is sent on loan ASAP because it would terrible if he was given the reserve stagnation treatment suffered by the declining Nolan.

R6- Out of the dozens of young reserve players Rovers have released or sold in the last 10 years , How many have gone on to prove they are good enough for a top-ten premiership team? The only one that springs to mind is Beattie. ( excluding Dunn & Duff - because they played for the first team for several seasons & proved they could often excel in the premiership )

If Kane was good enough - Simpson wouldn’t be coming its that simple. The quality of these players simply isn’t good enough-end of story.

R6- Out of the dozens of young reserve players Rovers have released or sold in the last 10 years , How many have gone on to prove they are good enough for a top-ten premiership team? The only one that springs to mind is Beattie. ( excluding Dunn & Duff - because they played for the first team for several seasons & proved they could often excel in the premiership )

If Kane was good enough - Simpson wouldn’t be coming its that simple. The quality of these players simply isn’t good enough-end of story.

I have to say I agree, I find it funny that peope on here praise MH for having a superb eye for a player but then critise him for not giving the kids a chance. If he can spot a player, then surely he is more than capable of making a judgemnt on our youngsters, that is correct.

For me Kane and Nolan etc need first team games whether they are up to the Prem is omething else, I doubt it Hughes would have played them. they should however be sent out on loan, to a level they can play at perhaps league one, they will get games that they need who know they may excel and shove my words back down my throat, but if not at least they will be in the shop window.

i've been reading i bit on a man utd fan forum, and they are extremely exited about this kid, but they want him to prove himself this season. he was very good agains espanyol yesterday, but it is a bit weird that he got the game, and not brown, who have played a lot with solskjær?

oh well. i broke the story to them that he is leaving for rovers. i wonder how they take it :lol:

I hope it is on offer. But we are talking Mancs/Glazers/desperation and I fear the options might be closer to the deliberatively provocative extremes I suggested.

If they were the only offers available...either 600,000 for 50% sell-on clause or 5million for none then I would take the first every time.

I am sure there must be a happier medium however.

Archived