BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Simpson

But if we want to sign him next season, without a prearranged transfer fee, it is likely that the fee would be higher than if we had agreed it in advance.

If we are not allowed to sign him, then MU have a more experienced Premiership player on their staff, without extra cost.

no with us undoubtedly paying for the privilage of being both a feeder club and a shop window!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if there is no option to buy, then this deal makes no sense...last I checked, we are not a feeder club and should not be developing their prospects at the expense of our own

Its ok 'cus other clubs will develop our youngsters whilst we get a very good young player in simpson and like nicko said on the other thread ,

alot can change in a year at rovers and united

I just hope this isn't a case of "oh....he plays for Man U reserves he must be good."

Alex Ferguson has been ripping off clubs left, right and centre over the years by taking advantage of the "Man U premium" on his rejects.

And it's not just Man U. If anyone can justify Stephen Wright's £3 million transfer from Liverpool to Sunderland, I'll give them a paper hat.

Although, the fact that the Simpson deal isn't permanent may suggest that he is actually quite good.

An Ipswich Town season ticketholder at work just laughed when I mentionned Rovers had taken Simpson. Apparently he was very ordinary on loan there for 2nd half of last season and definitely no expectation that he can shine at a higher level. The lack of ambition at Rovers these days is simply crushing. 10 days to kick off and the net spend is £500k (including the Garner sell-on). Still if you've appointed a manager who hasn't a clue about targets at the Prem level perhaps it's better than blowing the money for the sake of it. Good to know it'll be there in January (or will it?) to try and get us out of the Bottom 3.

Been talking to a Red season-ticket holder and he had a high opinion of Simpson, likewise similar comments from fellow Roverite who saw him playing in the Utd youth team where he was outstanding.

As for his time at Ipswich Bentley didn't exactly shine with their neighbours did he?

If he was our only choice at right-back I would be concerned, a season loan seems low risk to me.

I just hope this isn't a case of "oh....he plays for Man U reserves he must be good."

Alex Ferguson has been ripping off clubs left, right and centre over the years by taking advantage of the "Man U premium" on his rejects.

And it's not just Man U. If anyone can justify Stephen Wright's £3 million transfer from Liverpool to Sunderland, I'll give them a paper hat.

Although, the fact that the Simpson deal isn't permanent may suggest that he is actually quite good.

there is nothing to worry about. we have not paid a penny for him, so if he dont perform, so what? neither did bruno berner. no biggie. we will have signed villanueva, who looks super. maybe annan, who i think will do ok after a while. better than the axe ;)

and from what i've seen and read danny looks promising. he performed in the weekend and have started a few CL matches for united. surely he cant be too crappy. i think its just ipswich who are just not good enough.

Simpson had a nightmare against Everton last season. Remember listening to the radio commentary and it was no surprise when he didn't reappear for the second half.

yes. the man utd boards agree on that, but it looks like that was a slip. they are very very worried he will leave them, so he cant be bad.

Just had a quick scan and when Bentley came on loan it looks as though a future fee wasnt set. The circumstances were different in that he'd just had a transfer request accepted but it's not the end of the world that a fee hasnt been agreed in advance.

Don't be ridiculous.

The last set of accounts showed a £21m bank overdraft.

I'd be surprised if Ince is given all the money from the Bentley sale. I still have doubts on how much money we do have to spend and if we are bringing a few players on loan and signing a player on a free then that may be an indication that that the transfer budget could be lower than the media or the fans think.

I guess we will have to wait and see what unfolds.

From an Ipswich Town mate of mine when asked about Danny Simpson

Yeah. He came to town last season for last 3 months. He is an attacking wing back. Very competent going forward. He looks like the real thing. We actually played him at right mid on a couple of occasions as he is good going forward. He looked solid defensively as well (That’s against Championship attackers though.) I’d say, as he’s only signed on Loan Ferguson rates him and wants to keep him at Man Ure . I was surprised he went to you actually as Fergie said after his spell with us that Danny was going to push on and get a first team place.

Remember Luton when we saw Warnock (Think you signed him from Liverpool) for the first time at left back and he pushed the ball around well and posed a threat going forward I’d say Danny Simpson gives you that on the right too.

Sounds Promising

Remember Luton when we saw Warnock (Think you signed him from Liverpool) for the first time at left back and he pushed the ball around well and posed a threat going forward I’d say Danny Simpson gives you that on the right too.

Sounds Promising

Indeed he does. If he is as good as Warnock, plays a similar style or has his work ethic then i am will be very happy.

Ince will not see half the money we have, Hughes would have been lucky to see three quarters of it.

Signings like this is our bread and butter now, get used to it.

I am sure he is a fine player and will do great for us, but when it comes to signings over 6 million you can forget it.

An Ipswich Town season ticketholder at work just laughed when I mentionned Rovers had taken Simpson. Apparently he was very ordinary on loan there for 2nd half of last season and definitely no expectation that he can shine at a higher level. The lack of ambition at Rovers these days is simply crushing. 10 days to kick off and the net spend is £500k (including the Garner sell-on). Still if you've appointed a manager who hasn't a clue about targets at the Prem level perhaps it's better than blowing the money for the sake of it. Good to know it'll be there in January (or will it?) to try and get us out of the Bottom 3.

so we've spent 500K we have a england keeper, chile's player of the year and more to come, sounds like good business to me. So Ince should just grab the cheque book and go well he's 5M "you don't get a bad player for 5M do you?" He's showing prudence in making sure we get the right players at the right price. He's been in the prem 5 mins and so have our scouts, they are 6 months behind the rest of the teams. I take my hat of to him for not just diving in like a kid in a sweetie shop as you would seemly have him do.

If you seriously think we will be in the bottom 3 come christmas, I would like to make a suggestion. Stop watching eastenders, coronation street your outlook on life may just become a bit more rosy. We are a better team than most in this league, I for one do not see a season with relegation beckoning.

Where has all the Bentley money gone?! :blink:

Ince will not see half the money we have, Hughes would have been lucky to see three quarters of it.

Signings like this is our bread and butter now, get used to it.

I am sure he is a fine player and will do great for us, but when it comes to signings over 6 million you can forget it.

I'm sure the club will give ince what they can, the rest will be put to good use and some saved for january don't forget.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived