SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Simpson

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another player backing the manager

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1367294,00.html

Don't these players realise there going to create problems with the negative vibes on here if they keep coming out with remarks like this!

I'm sure people will find a way to put a negative spin on it anyway ;)

Le Chuck has obliged.

Danny Simpson

Obviously I watched Paul Ince as a kid and I looked up to him, said Simpson, who made a favourable first impression in last weeks friendly with NAC Breda.

He was a big force on the pitch for Manchester United and England, and now to be here working under him it is a delight for me.

Hardly negative is it! Its a delight to be here playing under him, twist it how you want. LOL

Danny Simpson

Obviously I watched Paul Ince as a kid and I looked up to him, said Simpson, who made a favourable first impression in last weeks friendly with NAC Breda.

He was a big force on the pitch for Manchester United and England, and now to be here working under him it is a delight for me.

Hardly negative is it! Its a delight to be here playing under him, twist it how you want. LOL

I thought he did really well, and if he performs well in the next half dozen games or so for me Rovers should try and sign him on permenantly if possible.

Le Chuck has obliged.

Hang on, I didn't put a negative spin on anything, I simply stated what was there in the article. No spin at all.

The negative articles have been about Ince's training regime etc. and there was nothing in the article I quoted to quash the rumours, I was simply correcting the spin put on that post.

It was a positive article, Ince obviously has pulling power because of his reputation built as a player - I didn't dispute that.

I can't believe I wrote that much to state the bleedin' obvious.

Hang on, I didn't put a negative spin on anything, I simply stated what was there in the article. No spin at all.

The negative articles have been about Ince's training regime etc. and there was nothing in the article I quoted to quash the rumours, I was simply correcting the spin put on that post.

It was a positive article, Ince obviously has pulling power because of his reputation built as a player - I didn't dispute that.

I can't believe I wrote that much to state the bleedin' obvious.

Well you disagreed with my comment that he was backing the manager.

I think judging by his comments that Ince is a large part of the reason why he came here in the first place it's fair to say he is backing the manager.

Ok I agree he didn't specifically say 'I back the manager' in those exact words so I guess you win :huh:

I wasn't trying 'to win'. The kind of backing we need is someone who comes and says training is fantastic, match preparation is superb and that everyone is happy. All Simpson said was he was attracted to the idea of coming to us (on loan might I add) because he has a lot of respect for Ince from his time with Man Utd and England.

That's good news regarding attracting players, but it does absolutely nothing to quash the rumours of unrest and crap training methods. All I wanted to do was point out that Simpson's comments couldn't be used as a counter argument to the stories of unrest that are around.

I wasn't trying 'to win'. The kind of backing we need is someone who comes and says training is fantastic, match preparation is superb and that everyone is happy. All Simpson said was he was attracted to the idea of coming to us (on loan might I add) because he has a lot of respect for Ince from his time with Man Utd and England.

That's good news regarding attracting players, but it does absolutely nothing to quash the rumours of unrest and crap training methods. All I wanted to do was point out that Simpson's comments couldn't be used as a counter argument to the stories of unrest that are around.

There has only been one story of unrest that I am aware of which was probably ten days or so now, Dunny has come out and said since that there is no unrest, Roque has confirmed he is staying Warnock has denied a transfer request and now Simpson has said this so its all good news.

To be fair Dunny's comments matched your specification, just one of his quotes was "But everyone is enjoying it - everyone has a smile on their face and really looking forward to Saturday.”

So training is good, everyone is enjoying it and they are looking forward to Saturday, is that not the sort of things we want to hear?

I still say the negative story was leaked by Bentley who was annoyed because he had to do a few pressups, the guy has said nothing positive since he left us even though we made him what he is today.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Danny going to be good enough for the Prem based on the Grimsby showing?

I had been hoping that in the absence of a right winger signing, Brett would play an inside right role with the speedy Simpson overlapping down the outside. Is this realistic?

Is Danny going to be good enough for the Prem based on the Grimsby showing?

I had been hoping that in the absence of a right winger signing, Brett would play an inside right role with the speedy Simpson overlapping down the outside. Is this realistic?

I don't rate him Philip. I was expecting someone who could overlap, get to the byeline and put dangerous crosses into the box. [Don't know why I expected that, though].

He can't do that, plus his passing game isn't up to much either.

Sorry, not good enough for us.

Den, after just one game you have seen enough to write him off?

Two games Bobby. We can only comment on what we've seen so far, but IMO bert's a far better bet for RB.

I haven't written him off completely though, hopefully there's more to him than what's shown up to now.

Let's ask other's on here, - anyone rate him, - admittedly after two games?

I admit that I haven't seen him play a full game for Rovers yet however, I have seen him in a couple of Utd games and I thought he looked pretty decent. Very confident on the ball and a very good back up player in my opinion - seems to be able to put a good cross in when forward too.

Two games Bobby. We can only comment on what we've seen so far, but IMO bert's a far better bet for RB.

I haven't written him off completely though, hopefully there's more to him than what's shown up to now.

What was the other game? We have only played three competitive matches and Ooijer was in the other two.

The situation is that he is a young guy who needs Premier League games to improve. And he will probably improve.

However, I question why we are nurturing another team's youngster. Tony Kane did tremendously well in Belgium and on loan to Stockport, if we're going to be developing a young player why not one of our own?

I'd be fine with things if Simpson was an outstanding talent - but the fact he's not first choice is evidence that he isn't. In which case, what was the point?

I thought he did a decent job against Grimsby to be honest. My only concern was he got a bit excited and reckless late on.

Archived